Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A mixed-species X-men team!

YEAH! : ) This, imho, is the biggest thing missing from the X-lines, and logically from the in-continuity world as well - why has Xavier, or his followers, never tried to start a Mixed-species team??

The only time we've seen an official such, was more or less in GM's "Here comes Tomorrow" - where the X-men create a mixed-species team to defeat the Sublime-Beast, and that was an alternate reality...

Here's my own take:

1. Marvel Woman (Jean Grey) (Mutant)
    2. Ikaris (Eternal)
    3. Luz (vault-child, undesignated mutate race)
    4. CAPTAIN MARVEL (Carol Danvers, human/kree hybrid)
    5. Ayesha (Her) (homo-enclavus, artificial cosmic human)
    6. Karkas (Deviant)
    7. Namor (homo-mermani / human hybrid)
    8. Mr. Immortal (Homo Supreme)

I'd love to see who everyone thinks would logically be on a species-uniting X-team! =) Who would logically be interested in fighting for Xavier's dream, along the X-men?

Well, i dont know how many non-mutants would like to live in place that is constantly under attack by everyone.......................................... .

Cause the X-Men are a mutant team. What I would actually like is the school being for all kinda of super powered kids: mutants, inhumans, aliens, hybrids, everything.

This is the premise of Uncanny Avengers, only their roster doesn't have as many "species" as you listed. I would check out a book like that for sure though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Cause the X-Men are a mutant team. What I would actually like is the school being for all kinda of super powered kids: mutants, inhumans, aliens, hybrids, everything.
    Yeah, in an ideal world where the X-Men were owned fully by Marvel I'd like to see all the teens that are in schools for supers folded into the purview of the X-Men. There should be no difference in how the public percieves unproven superhumans and mutants. The main heroes, such as the Avengers and the like, should still have to struggle against haters, but be mostly accepted due to their origins being public knowledge.

And really, the X-Men exist to train kids in using their powers. It should be their thing. As the next step in humanity's development, they should include all superhumans among their ranks. Kind of Powers Without Borders.

Sounds more like and avengers team than an x-team

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Sounds more like and avengers team than an x-team
    Hardly, considering you'd just extend the mutant prejudice to any emergent superhumans who aren't already going full superhero. Powers should be scary to people.

We basically had this when the Ultimate Universe was good. "Mutie" was a slur that got thrown at everyone.
    Last edited by Reality; 12-07-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i dont know how many non-mutants would like to live in place that is constantly under attack by everyone.......................................... .
    Indeed - the only ones who would be interested would be truly capable and heroic individuals... Perhaps some superheroes, yes? ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is the premise of Uncanny Avengers, only their roster doesn't have as many "species" as you listed. I would check out a book like that for sure though.
    Well, sort of - I personally think it should be an X-book tho', and think it would be really neat to see the X-men's roster expand in this manor. It just makes sense, since there are so darn many variations on human species in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Hardly, considering you'd just extend the mutant prejudice to any emergent superhumans who aren't already going full superhero. Powers should be scary to people.

We basically had this when the Ultimate Universe was good. "Mutie" was a slur that got thrown at everyone.
    It certainly makes sense - especially when it comes to other actual civilisations and species - like the Eternals or the Deviants in perticular - they're wholly alien to mainline humanity, hence why they were in hiding for so long. (like the Inhumans, I suppose)

BANNED

Logan's old school want just mutants and Scott also had baseline humans there too.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

How about a mixed team with strong X-connections? So it would feel like an X-book, but with only one or two mutants.
    I'd have:

Team Leader: Moira MacTaggart. Human. (I know she's dead. Minor obstacle. She's as X as they come, and she's awesome.)

Hepzibah. (Underused alien).

Cloak and Dagger. Classic Claremont characters.

Lockheed. He was enormously fun in the SWORD mini by Gillen flying solo.

Dani Moonstar. De-powered mutant, part time Valkyrie, and I can't believe that such a good character has been in limbo for so long.

UNIT. Highly powerful, amoral, artificial life form from Gillen's run. Just cause I loved the character basically. He could be going along with the team for his own reasons.

Namor. Just because.

There's loads of other characters who'd fit the non mutant/mixed species but with strong X-Connections brief. Offhand: Carol Danvers, Abigail Brand, Danger, Warlock, Corsair, Captain Britain, etc.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Overall it sounds too much like the Avengers or Uncanny Avengers. I think the theme of the X-Men is that they are at the best when they have the world against them and against bad odds they triumph. That repeatedly sells the X-Men. Namor is also a mutant (x-gene) and he has already been an X-Man. I'd like to see him rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    How about a mixed team with strong X-connections? So it would feel like an X-book, but with only one or two mutants.
    I'd have:

Team Leader: Moira MacTaggart. Human. (I know she's dead. Minor obstacle. She's as X as they come, and she's awesome.)

Hepzibah. (Underused alien).

Cloak and Dagger. Classic Claremont characters.

Lockheed. He was enormously fun in the SWORD mini by Gillen flying solo.

Dani Moonstar. De-powered mutant, part time Valkyrie, and I can't believe that such a good character has been in limbo for so long.

UNIT. Highly powerful, amoral, artificial life form from Gillen's run. Just cause I loved the character basically. He could be going along with the team for his own reasons.

Namor. Just because.

There's loads of other characters who'd fit the non mutant/mixed species but with strong X-Connections brief. Offhand: Carol Danvers, Abigail Brand, Danger, Warlock, Corsair, Captain Britain, etc.
    Some great ideas! =) Corsair and Captain Britain in perticular, make a lot of sense - aren't the Sh'iar more or less destabilized in-continuity at the moment? And fighting their brand of fascism is why he stayed in space - sooo... why not return to Earth, and spend more time with his kids, by JOINING THE X-MEN?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Overall it sounds too much like the Avengers or Uncanny Avengers. I think the theme of the X-Men is that they are at their best when they have the world against them and against bad odds they triumph. That repeatedly sells the X-Men. Namor is also a mutant (x-gene) and he has already been an X-Man. I'd like to see him rejoin.
    Being similar to another book isn't necessarily a bad thing - my feeling on the matter is that "X-men: Unity" would replace Uncanny Avengers - as long as there's a hole in the publishing-line, there's nothing wrong with trying something familiar, yet slightly different.

And is the idea of constant antagonization truly the only way to go with the X-men? One could say that Decimation was when the X-men were the most in dire straights, at the brink of complete destruction, and many on these boards seem to dislike that era immensely - and are also reacting negatively to the current Terrigen-disaster story.

To some extent, I would say that there should be an element of hope and progress in the X-books, Morrison's New X-men is one of the proofs of that - he had the X-men coming out, Mutancy becoming a sub-culture - it actually, to some, became cool to be a Mutant. Likewise, Bendis played with similar ideas to some extent, with Cyclops becoming a sort of cult-figure that was hailed a rights-activist, etc by humans as well.

Having a team like this could be a bit less of that hated and feared -thing, yeah, but it would still be an element of the story. ( I mean, the Deviants for instance all look horrendous)

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post

Yeah......still sounds like uncanny avengers to me.

Astonishing Member

so its the New Warriors again?

Rogue
    Red Raven - Golden Age Hero, from one of the Inhuman tribes devesated by Black Bolt's T-Bomb so unfriendly to New Attilan
    Waziria - Dark Elf
    Warbird - Shi'ar
    Namora - Atlantian
    Thena - Eternal, invovled because of mutantkind's apparent importance to the celestial plans, and a desire to not see exitar any time soon
    Starfox - included because despite thena and starfox (and thanos) being cousins they've never interacted
    Ex Nihilia - if alot of the deaths before SW were revered so can this one
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 12-13-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

omg great idea here's my team

1. garfield (cat)
    2. snoopy (dog)
    3. speedy gonzales (mouse)
    4. trump (demon)
    5. bubbles (monkey)
    6. claremont (awful writer)
    7. professor x (zombie)
    8. power man (african american)

written by warren ellis. it'd be the first time claremont was readable in decades!