Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I could not care less than I do for Doomsday as a character. Seeing him function as a plot device that provides an action scene for the Trinity is all I need from him. If they wanna kill Supes later on, use Lex or Darkseid to do it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I think Doomsday, as much as I don't really care for the character, makes for a much more convincing threat to the Trinity than Lex Luthor pulling a big robo suit out of his pocket.
    Or Metallo for that matter. I can buy Metallo being a threat to one of them, MAYBE two depending on how they portray him. But all three at once, no.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Has anyone seen Singer's Doomsday from his unmade MOS movie?

Where did this come from? First time I saw this. I thought BRAINIAC was the bad guy in Singers version of MOS?

Spectacular Member

I think we will not see the last of Doomsday at the end of BvS. He'll bring the Trinity together and they will stop him, but they won't be able to defeat him. I can see them imprisoning him somehow and sending him into space similarly to how it happened in "Reign of the Supermen." In space he can evolve more and come back in a later sequel to actually fulfill the "Death of Superman."

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    That's not Doomsday, that's quite clearly the "dark and gritty modern" reinvention of Jimmy Olsen the Turtle Boy.
    So, Slash from TMNT then?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Where did this come from? First time I saw this. I thought BRAINIAC was the bad guy in Singers version of MOS?
    I found it while searching for articles discussing the new BvS trailer. Apparently, this was Singer's idea for his MOS. Along with Brainiac, of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    Unless of course the twist that is the body of Zod, imparts some kind of consciousness and intelligence.
    Actually, I kinda hope that's the route that DC/WB takes with this version of Doomsday...but not for this movie. I want to see WW deal the killing blow in BvS, but then it be revealed in a MoS sequel that he's still alive, and has been retrieved by Brainiac.

(This is rough, and on the spot lol)

I'd like Brainiac to be a mix of his collector type persona/characterization and his Kryptonian A.I. characterization. He wants the Codex from Superman's DNA, but he knows that he lacks the fire power to take him down. Kryptonite is a weakness, but not a guarantee l, so he bids his time waiting for an opportunity. Doomsday is that opportunity. He kills Doomsday repeatedly, until he's 2-3x as strong as he was before. However this also evolves Doomsday's intelligence and unlocks/resurfaces Zod's personality and memories. Brainiac manipulates Zod, playing on his desperation to bring back his people, and sets him off to bring him back Superman, dead or alive.

This where he'd "kill" Superman in mortal combat. However, once he returns to Brainiac and after a brief discussion remembers that Brainiac is either 1) a rogue A.I. or 2) the A.I. that went rogue, and is the reason why Krypton was destabilized. He sees that Brainiac is looking to use the Codex in some perverse experiment. Before Zod can get to him, Brainiac releases a virus that destroys his DNA, which keeps him from regenerating; similar to the thing that killed that first alien in the beginning of Prometheus.

With his remaining strength he escapes with Supes body, and hurls him into the direction of the sun. Hoping that the sun will heal him. Supes is healed, and he comes down to defeat Brainiac as he tries to escape. Supes is still weak, and is struggling, and Brainiac's Kryptonite isn't helping. He manages to use a device in Brainiac's headquarters to open the Phantom Zone, but just as Brainiac is about to try, and take Supes with him, a dying Zodforces Brainiac, along with himself, thru the portal.

This also how Supes would get his Fortress of Solitude, w/ all the crazy space monsters, as Brainiac was a collector, and the ship also gives him a way to access the Phantom Zone for guys too strong for Earth to hold.

I think it's also an interesting way to give Zod some character development one last time, even if it does end with him dying.it also could make the Doomsday character compelling, rather than him killing Supes because it's too stupid to do anything else.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 12-11-2015 at 05:33 AM.

We've heard rumors that this Doomsday can regenerate limbs. This sounds a lot like The Shaggy Man, another rampaging monster who required the whole JLA to stop him. They couldn't destroy the monster so they imprisoned him at the bottom of the ocean. Maybe Aquaman will imprison Doomsday in Atlantis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    We've heard rumors that this Doomsday can regenerate limbs. This sounds a lot like The Shaggy Man, another rampaging monster who required the whole JLA to stop him. They couldn't destroy the monster so they imprisoned him at the bottom of the ocean. Maybe Aquaman will imprison Doomsday in Atlantis.
    Someone speculated on another thread that Superman takes him down deep under the ocean at the end to fight, they wait for ages until it seems Supes died down there with Doomsday, then suddenly he's brought up by Aquaman à la New Frontier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    With the new BVS trailer coming out, we now know that Doomsday is going to be part of the movie. With Wonder Woman, Batman, Lex Luthor, and I'm guessing Kryptonite and possibly Aquaman in the movie, are they fitting too much in the new film? Too many villains killed both Spider Man franchises. It sounds like they are trying to skip ahead to a Justice League movie and apparently a MOS sequel all in one movie.
    It's really impossible to say if it's too much without having actually seen the film...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't think it's too much as long as Superman doesn't die at the end.

I think it's not specifically Doomsday. I think it could be an amalgam of Bizarro/Wraith.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.