Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Classics Board is back

Long time Classics board reader/poster here, just checking to se if there were any Classics posts here.

I see there aren't any. Hopefully everyone gets the word this is where to go.

What were some of your favourite threads from the previous board Jack?

Hi all. The bulk of us have moved to this url: http://classiccomics.boards.net/

I really appreciate the mods attempting to listen and find a compromise, but (and I say this respectfully) it's a little too little and a little too late. At 9pm last night we were already building our new home, and tossing that all away to come back to a hybrid compromise board isn't particularly enticing.

But I can honestly say I personally leave with no ill will after seeing this compromise put in place.

We have over thirty members and over 200 posts at our new home already. Stop in and say hello, and don't feel that means you can't post here as well.

http://classiccomics.boards.net/

DE Sinclair

Not sure I like the two boards, Independents and Classics lumped together. It's going to make it harder for users used to both boards, having to sort through the two unrelated subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Hi all. The bulk of us have moved to this url: http://classiccomics.boards.net/

I really appreciate the mods attempting to listen and find a compromise, but (and I say this respectfully) it's a little too little and a little too late. At 9pm last night we were already building our new home, and tossing that all away to come back to a hybrid compromise board isn't particularly enticing.

But I can honestly say I personally leave with no ill will after seeing this compromise put in place.

We have over thirty members and over 200 posts at our new home already. Stop in and say hello, and don't feel that means you can't post here as well.

http://classiccomics.boards.net/
    Likewise shaxper. There'll hopefully be threads here you can drop in on from time to time and help us out in, and considering the pulling power of CBR forums on the whole you might find this board is a useful portal for people to find your new site. Add the link to your sig and check in once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Likewise shaxper. There'll hopefully be threads here you can drop in on from time to time and help us out in, and considering the pulling power of CBR forums on the whole you might find this board is a useful portal for people to find your new site. Add the link to your sig and check in once in a while!
    I've always thought very highly of the Independent board and have posted from time to time. You can count on me to be around to discuss Indy titles

Thanks for the kind words!

There should be a separate classics board, it was a very friendly community of fans that had and different priorities from the independents forum.
    Why combine the two, and what reason could there be for not renewing the separate Classic Forum?
    Frankly, it's not worth my while to scroll through the independent Forum to look for the Classic threads.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Edhopper View Post
    There should be a separate classics board, it was a very friendly community of fans that had and different priorities from the independents forum.
    Why combine the two, and what reason could there be for not renewing the separate Classic Forum?
    Frankly, it's not worth my while to scroll through the independent Forum to look for the Classic threads.
    Its not like the Independent Board ever had all that much going on to cause excessive scrolling. I doubt merging the two will cause much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Its not like the Independent Board ever had all that much going on to cause excessive scrolling. I doubt merging the two will cause much of a problem.
    There were also a lot of post about Valiant, Dynamite and Dark Horse. Including News stories from the CBR main site.

I find this an unacceptable solution that will simply keep me away from the Classics discussion.
    If that is the intentions of the Mods, they have succeeded. If they wish to retain the Forum members, they have failed.

I understand why CBR forums did what they did but the Classics forum was what they wanted. They should use it an example to emulate. Polite great interactions between posters with a real sense of community. Plus I pointed many there that had questions about older comics. What a great resource it was.

CBR lost something that they really needed....

Incredible Member

I'll give this place a try but I'm also about to go register at shax' new place.

Well, we can merge the Usagi Yojimbo threads.....

Incredible Member

Here's something for classic comics fans:

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:40:47 -0700
    To: hogans-alley-newsletter@googlegroups.com
    Subject: [Out of the Alley!] Free Comic Book Day offer...

Unless you’ve been busy counting your bitcoins, you’re probably aware that this Saturday, May 3, is Free Comic Book Day. Send us an e-mail (hoganmag@gmail.com) ON THAT DATE with your mailing address, and we’ll send you a FREE issue of Hogan’s Alley! No obligations, no strings attached; the only thing it will cost you is several hours as you enjoy the issue. (This offer is valid for all U.S. residents, whether you’re a current subscriber or not.) Remember the one condition--we must receive your e-mail request on Free Comic Book Day (May 3), not the day before or the day after. (Before and after that date, any requests for freebies will receive only scorn and derision.) Feel free to pass this offer along to anyone you know who might enjoy Hogan’s
    Alley!

Don’t forget to follow Hogan’s Alley on Twitter (@Hoganmag) to get a daily "Today in Comics History" fact and other cartooning news and observations!

There's definitely room for two classic comics forums on the net, but if you're looking for a place more specifically dedicated to that subject, our new home at http://classiccomics.boards.net/ is really taking off. 60 members, 30 threads, about 600 posts, and it's all happened in less than 24 hours. I'm honestly having trouble keeping up

I'll give this new board a chance, but I will also be on shax's new board. Perhaps we can convert some the indie posters.

However, the loss of things like the Classic Comics 12 Twelve Days of Christmas threads is a real blow.