Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Lightbulb Are YOU a Mutant? - A Semi-Off-Topic Discussion Thread

I'm red-green color-blind, which means a "genetically inherited mutation of the X chromosome that impairs their perception of red and green" present in my DNA altered the way the color-detecting cones in my eyes formed. So as a result I don't perceive colors in the same way that most "normal" people do.

That makes me a mutant. But I'm not the only one! You too are very likely a mutant in some capacity. Maybe you've got red hair, a cleft chin, webbed feet, or even the uncanny ability to shoot optic blasts out of your eyeballs... Regardless of what your mutation is (unless it's really, really, REALLY gross), I thought it'd be a fun idea to have a place to share our extraordinary connection.

After all, we muties gotta stick together!... So, tell me, are YOU a mutant?

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Cool thread

As for me, I'm what would be considered an emotional empath. I pick up on physical cues that people give, and coupled with strong intuition and other things, can tell a lot about them. I sense energy in people, and get a sense of "danger" around negative people and also situations. This has saved my life a few times actually. I also have a sense of clairvoyance, which has helped me save my mom's life a few times. I'm a lucid dreamer as well, and dream in symbolism. Other than that, I at times pick up on and take on the personalities of other people around me...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Really Interesting and Nice Thread Idea Redrunner97!

For Me most of my life the thing that is most Different/Special/Mutant about me has been My Voice/My Accent.

I have lived in the State of Connecticut my whole life and since I was young I have had a one of a kind Accent, mostly came into its own in my Adult years that really no one can agree upon what it sounds like. I have heard I sound like I am from; Boston, New York, The Southern United States, British, French, Australian and Israeli. Honestly, I have ended up even keeping count of all the places people think my Accent Comes from, but in the end it seem that no one can come to an agreement on where my Accent is from. Honestly I DON'T even know how I got it, it just happen, mostly in the last 10 years, but most everyone I come across Likes it Allot!

Honestly as long as people understand me, I like this Unique One-Of-a-Kind Mutation I have that is All My OWN that in its own way makes me a Mutant you could Say!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

I have a body to die for and am a lyrical messiah. I'm basically the real world incarnation of M.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

BANNED

Blue eyes and I never got my wisdom teeth.

In fact, teeth wise, I'm missing twelve natural adult teeth...because they never grew in!

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Another thing I'll add, although not a "mutation" in the literal sense of the word (as far as I know)...

I've never been able to consistently wear a wrist watch without glancing down at some point during the day to see that the batteries have died and the hand's are stuck.
    The next morning I'll go to put the watch back on and it'll be working again fine, until later on (without fail) I'll look down and see it's happened once again. Doesn't matter what type of watch either, I've always experienced the same thing. Thank God for cellphones! lol. Kinda bizarre.

I also have double-jointed fingers and a cleft-chin (or as I call it, a "superman chin"; for obvious and extremely handsome reasons).
    Guess both of those are mutations as well!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

I can roll my tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

No one can sneak up on me. I mean no one. People have been trying it for years. On the flip side of that I'm super-good at sneaking up on everyone, and everything, else. People, cats, you name it...

I can drink milk. The ability to digest lactose into adulthood is the mutation from baseline (lactose intolerant people are the normies).

My toes are roughly 2 to 3 centimeters longer than those of anyone else I know.

Not that I'm in the habit of asking people to take off their shoes so I can check, mind.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I'm ginger/red haired. So, I'm a mutant because I lack a certain amount of pigmentation in my skin and hair

Apparently, I also have a funky ability where I can "visualise" time https://www.newscientist.com/article...in-california/ which is cool.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

In my case I'm really flexible, I can make all my foot sole touch the floor in same time that all my leg and I can flex my foot 90 degree and still touch the floor with my foot sole.

My eyes have photophobia, in other words, they can't stand strong light, I'm practically blind in a sunny day (that I avoid because I'm so white that I get burn in 1 minute)...

I have a little of hirsutism, something annoying when you are a woman because shave or wax my legs is a lost war... I shave and in the end of the day I have hair on my legs, I wax and I have hair in three days, and shave and wax gives me allergies, so I prefer to have my legs and south part hairy than suffer for fashion!!!

And last, I have Alcohol intolerance, no a problem with me, in my religion is not permitted to drink alcohol... Alcohol intolerance gave me some symptoms that are almost like allergy symptoms, that is why some people call it allergy to alcohol, when it is not allergy...

Those are my annoying mutations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I can drink milk. The ability to digest lactose into adulthood is the mutation from baseline (lactose intolerant people are the normies).
    And I have that one too!!! I'm 36 years old and I love milk... I can drink a liter in a day!!!
    Last edited by datugu; 12-08-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I prefer to have my legs and south part hairy than suffer for fashion!!!
    Winner!!!

Extraordinary Member

I have 'superman/luke skywalker' chin.

Well, besides of the poor eyesight, i have one leg and one arm longer than the respective other.