Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I like what Tieri had to say about his run in some of his interviews, so it'll be interesting to see where he takes the character. Also, I like the art.

Sounds like it will be the score of a lifetime.

Always Rakzo

Saw this a while ago and I definitely like what I'm seeing.

Tieri seems to have the right skills for a more "classic" take on Catwoman which will be welcome after Valentine's distinctive but ultimately repetitive and boring run.

Looks like we're getting anti-hero Catwoman. Stealing for no real reason other than to steal from a bad guy.
    Last edited by Ticklefist; 12-07-2015 at 08:53 PM.

"Sounds" like Tieri has a handle on the back to basics superthief vibe and voice. Fingers crossed that the story/plot in engaging.
    The art is a bit static and underwhelming than I'd hoped seeing the early hints of character design. Hoping that Miranda gets to cut loose a bit and as said elsewhere, I kinda think it might be time for the catsuit to get some refreshing.

Always Rakzo

Liked this! It was exciting, it had solid dialogue and good characterization for Selina. Tieri even managed to incorporate Valentine's run in a quick and satisfying way and some elements from Nocenti's run like Tesla (although that wasn't really necessary).

Art was beautiful to boot.

Thought this was good as well. Interesting enough to come back for the next issue. I liked Tieri's voice for Selina.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

This was okay. It's certainly a complete 180 from the chess game and complex character development in Valentine's run, but I won't fault Tieri for finding a different take. For the most part, the plot was a paint-by-numbers thief story. There's an opening heist, a meeting with a fence, and then a big score gone wrong. Selina's motivation has gone back to "I like stealing". It's not terrible, but the strongest thing about the writing was that it didn't overdo anything, and stayed off to the side to let the art carry the story. Don't know if I'll keep up with this.

What is with Selina and her fences.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Liked this! It was exciting, it had solid dialogue and good characterization for Selina. Tieri even managed to incorporate Valentine's run in a quick and satisfying way and some elements from Nocenti's run like Tesla (although that wasn't really necessary).

Art was beautiful to boot.
    I agree with your assessment.
    Selina's voice is usually my concern when reading her, but I think Tieri gets her.
    I think the art is a good fit for her, too.

I really liked this. It almost feels like a spiritual successor to the books pre-Nocenti days, which isn't a bad thing imo. Selina's most in her element in stories like these, so I'm definitely sold for the next issue at least.

My only complaint is it seems a little TOO derivative of the past run, from the Russians to the cliffhanger ending. For the most part I'm having a huge sigh of relief, though.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

BANNED

image.jpg

Haven't picked this up but is there a good reason she's wearing such horrible makeup? Halloween party perhaps? Disguise? Misdirection?

Forgot this was happening today. BRB.

did not read it, but that make-up is what all the "cool people" wear when they go out. in cool places, like Vegas, San Francisco, NY, Milan, etc...