Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Not sure if they which lettered list they fall on, but I want all of my old JLI favorites back:

Ice
    Fire
    Captain Atom
    Booster Gold
    Tasmanian Devil
    Blue Beetle
    Animal Man
    Crimson Fox
    Metamorpho
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

dc how bout a new POWER CO.

ROLL CALL

WITCHFIRE
    MARY MARVEL
    HALO
    ONYX
    FIRESTORM=JASON
    KUNG FU FIGHTER=LEADER
    RISK
    VIBE

EXTREME JUSTICE

ROLL CALL

GOLDSTAR
    FIRE
    ICE
    NU.BIA
    STEEL
    BATWING
    BOOSTER GOLD
    GREEN LANTERN=GUY GARDNER
    MINDWARP

EARTH 2 THE SQUADRON

ROLL CALL

FIREBRAND=NEW AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN WITH FIRE BASED POWERS
    LIBERTY BELLE=JESSE QUICK
    TARANTULA
    TRACI 13
    COLDWAVE=NEW AFRICAN AMERICAN MALE WITH ICE BASED POWER.FIREBRAND'S TWIN
    CITIZEN STEEL
    TOMCAT
    HAWKMAN
    MID NITE=NEW NATIVE AMERICAN CHARACTER WITH DARKNESS MANIPULATION POWER

OUTSIDERS NYC

ROLL CALL

THUNDER=ANISSA
    LIGHTNING=JENNIFER
    JUDOMASTER
    OMEN=NEW CHARACTER(LOOKERS DAUGHTER)
    SHIFT=METAMORPHO'S SON
    PRINCE GEO=NEW GEO FORCE SON
    DARK KNIGHT=DAMIAN =LEADER=PLUS 10 YEARS OLDER

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    dc how bout a new POWER CO.

ROLL CALL

WITCHFIRE
    MARY MARVEL
    HALO
    ONYX
    FIRESTORM=JASON
    KUNG FU FIGHTER=LEADER
    RISK
    VIBE
    When you say, Kung Fu Fighter, you mean Richard Dragon, right?

Sandy Hausler

one of my favorites has always been THE CREEPER.

i think he has a ton of potential. he's basically Spider-Man mixed with the Joker. very underrated. plus he was featured in one of the best episodes of Batman: The Animated Series. I'm still upset they had Jack Rider in numerous Arkham games but The Creeper never showed up. what a tease.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-08-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    I agree with you . I liked many of the characters that appeared in Bloodlines but when stated this openly in mailing lists everyone said I was crazy, that I had a tremendous bad taste in characters and such. Today for example Loose Cannon became a villain who was an infiltrated assassin in the Teen Titans to kill Robin what a tremendously undignified end for someone who started as a hero capable of measuring forces with the Eradicator. Regrettable.
    Loose cannon could be an equivalent to Hulk on the DC universe, he is an interesting character and had lots of potentials but same than Elongated Man and other "disposable" heroes they wrecked the guy to total decimation. Lately it seems that no book can be sustained for more than 8 issues unless it has the words "Bat" "Green" "League" "Super" on the title. That is sad, if you take the time to look deeply into DC history, it has a rich history with tons of characters that only need a proper treatment to return to their old glory.

image.jpg

Sportsmaster uses his Olympic level sports ability alongside pucks and baseballs and other sports paraphernalia that tend to explode. But not in an awesome way. He also wears a fisherman’s suit (or golfer’s) and carries around a rod.

Always loved the original Charlton characters:
    The Question
    Blue Beetle
    Nightshade
    Captain Atom
    Peacemaker
    Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Always loved the original Charlton characters:
    The Question
    Blue Beetle
    Nightshade
    Captain Atom
    Peacemaker
    Thunderbolt
    I wish DC would release an Earth-C line of books (like what they'll do with Earth-M) with the Charlton characters.

Stormguard
    3966029-jl_b_1200_5388f29c982a08.21177521.jpg
    I wish DC had done something with Stormguard after Future's End, he was basically the black Captain America before he was a thing over at Marvel.

KGBeast
    2448a.jpg
    Has always been an entertaining villain and had some fun lines with his wacky Russian accent. "You are being called Robin and I am to be killing you!" Plus he has the coolest name in the DCU obviously.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

BANNED

Ice
    Fire
    Captain Atom
    Booster Gold
    Tasmanian Devil
    Blue Beetle
    Crimson Fox
    Metamorpho
    Lionheart
    General Glory
    Silver Sorceress
    Bluejay
    Maya

Astonishing Member

Heck give me almost any character from Bloodlines and I'll be happy. In the right hands they could be great characters. They're criminally underutilized outside of being fodder for events. I'm looking at you Infinite Crisis and Prometheus.

I wasn't sold much on Ballistic and Jamm but was a pretty big fan of them all as a whole. Layla, Joe Public and Chimera being my favorites of the event.

One of my favorites. She ought to be much bigger than she is, in my opinion:

Never mind the specific name...there's many a good reason for following the "C" list DC characters. The "A" and "B" characters never retire, age, develop in any meaningful way. And were all almost certainly created back in an age where "diversity" was giving yet another middle class all American boy a beard.

Whisper it...but it all makes for some severely limited story telling...it leads to a position where we have to pretend it makes sense in a 21st century high tech world full of ruthless super villains to hit the streets with "attitude" and a bow and arrow. Yes...the world would explode if Green Arrow was given a remotely useful power set.

Not for me. Give me the C list guys every time. They can grow, develop, change, be created fresh and diverse, suitable for today's comics. Want a darn good DC comic? Then look out for any DC series featuring an obscure character that ran for more than 20 issues.

Two of DC's greatest series of last 30 years...Hitman and the James Robinson Starman feature "C" list leads...some of that success was down to fact that writer could tell story they wanted to because lead character wasn't a "sacrosanct" icon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Loose cannon could be an equivalent to Hulk on the DC universe, he is an interesting character and had lots of potentials but same than Elongated Man and other "disposable" heroes they wrecked the guy to total decimation. Lately it seems that no book can be sustained for more than 8 issues unless it has the words "Bat" "Green" "League" "Super" on the title. That is sad, if you take the time to look deeply into DC history, it has a rich history with tons of characters that only need a proper treatment to return to their old glory.
    This is precisely one of the things that sadden me most about these characters in the DC Universe New 52. The total lack of consideration and respect to what they were before the DC Universe reboot. The writers do not give a damn ball to transform characters into villains who were heroes before the reboot, equal Loose Cannon. Also they do not care a damn to kill these characters stupid and free way. Loose Cannon was described as "a Hulk DC Universe" however he was detonated with absurd ease in Final Crisis. The vast majority of the characters of which I enjoyed died so pathetic, humiliating and free. I really regret it terribly. Many of these characters that DC Comics today would see with contempt Many great heroes and would yield great stories however no one cares about them all the writers want them dead or continue forgotten what it really is regrettable.

Baby Wildebeest
    Pantha
    Thunder and Lightning (Gan and Tavis Williams )
    Young Frankenstein
    Hardrock
    Fringe
    Prysm
    Risk
    Kid Eternity
    Antaeus
    Koryak
    Noble
    Lori Lemaris
    Anima
    Damage
    Mirage
    Terra II (Tara Markov)
    Redwing
    Nosferatu
    Prestor Jon
    Killowat

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Of characters who are no longer around, I'd say Linda Danvers. After 12 years of not appearing she's definitely fallen into 'obscure' territory even though she had the longest running and I'd say by far the best Supergirl book. A great character with a great supporting cast who should never have been discarded.

Of the characters that currently exist Stephanie Brown. It's really hard to consider her a b-lister when DC is still replacing her with Harper Row even though she's finally been brought back. The poster-child for anti-wangst most of the time.
    I miss Linda. She was a really fun character. If she were around today, she'd flourish. Other C listers.

Omac. I mean both buddy and kevin. They were both fun interesting characters. Kevin Kho was a "totally awesome hulk" before Amadeus Cho was.

Fire and Ice, Plastic Man, heck all the freedom fighters.

Aquagirl Lorena Marquez.