Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 'Supergirl' Recap: High Highs, Low Lows, and Hank Henshaw

Hank Henshaw's identity is revealed, Kara faces down an earthquake AND a broken arm, and a love triangle rears its adorable head. Phew!

Full article here.

Another great episode .. started off slow .. powerless Supergirl deal .. but when J'onn J'onnz revealed himself .. my inner fanboy kicked in. Cool .. looked like J'onn .. great move DC TV .. I should have guessed it since the baddie was Jemm .. but I too had the Eradicator in mind.

gotta say well done to the writers. coz i really never saw the martian manhunter coming.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Nice reveal for MM, he looks great.

Winn really should have been the gay best friend. I don't buy him as a love rival and it's really unneeded when you have your triangle with Lucy/James/Kara. It also would have added an element to his character not seen in other superhero shows. I've said that since I saw the pilot, and stick by it now.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Guess we're not gonna see J'onn in the movies eh, WB?

Mighty Member

The reveal was awesome and unexpected. Loved the alien form too. I'm sure the Red Tornado design was intentionally cheap looking, like the evolution of Iron Man's armor I'm sure Red Tornado 2.0 will look much better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Guess we're not gonna see J'onn in the movies eh, WB?
    They have Flash for both TV and the upcoming movies. So I don't see why the same can't be for MM.

Amazing Member

Usual garbage quality episode. The only redeeming factor this time was the Martian Manhunter's costume design.

Fantastic! Bring on the Oreos!
    Of course, we're probably going to find out that the real Hank is still alive somewhere, and being turned all cyborg-y by some alien tech, but season 2 will need its own big bad, after all.

Magick is Everywhere

Good:

James' talk with Kara at the bus stop: Helping her realize than even her cousin can't save everyone.
    Shared loss: James revealing the loss of his dad in the Gulf War. Now Kara and James have something in common more than just Superman.
    Cat: Damn...ever since "Livewire" the writers have fleshed out Cat's character. Also, she finally knows about "Wick" (LOL!)
    Alex being a badass: Runs in the family.
    The tease to next week's "Winter Finale": Battle royal a comin' between aunt and niece.

Oh yeah...MARTIAN FREAKIN' MANHUNTER! Lots of storytelling potential opened up with that reveal; mainly Alex's interaction with Kara will be a lot more subdued until J'onn reveals himself to Kara.

Bad:

That not-so-platonic/more than BFF hug and Winn's mood change after watching it happen. Jesus Winn, did you not know you've been in Kara's friend zone since the pilot?!
    Lord continuing to bad mouth Kara. Luthor Jr. he sure as hell isn't.

Etc.:

"Hulking up" Kara: Yeah, they used how Banner transforms into the Hulk as a trope for Kara to jump-start her powers again. Don't feel bad about it 'cause they needed to explain how she got her powers back but still...

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Nice reveal for MM, he looks great.

Winn really should have been the gay best friend. I don't buy him as a love rival and it's really unneeded when you have your triangle with Lucy/James/Kara. It also would have added an element to his character not seen in other superhero shows. I've said that since I saw the pilot, and stick by it now.
    Agreed. Not sure if it‘s Jeremy Jordan's acting choices or something else but from day one the character‘s read gay to me.

Quote Originally Posted by plo12 View Post
    Usual garbage quality episode. The only redeeming factor this time was the Martian Manhunter's costume design.
    I would suggest you stop watching. Cause that was the best episode so far, and it's not going to improve for you.
    I liked almost everything about it, and the reveal was fantastic.
    I think the actor playing Henshaw said somewhere he was The Cyborg, nice deflection.

I never read Jemm. Was he a villain like that. in the comic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I never read Jemm. Was he a villain like that. in the comic
    Nope. In fact, Jem was originally intended to be a Martian and a relative of Martian Manhunter.

Jemm actually reminded of Despero, with the object in his forehead and mind control powers and all.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I liked almost everything about it, and the reveal was fantastic.
    I think the actor playing Henshaw said somewhere he was The Cyborg, nice deflection.
    Right there with ya. God I'm really enjoying this show; hell, DCTV's killing it: Arrow? Great. The Flash? Fantastic. Now Supergirl? Awesome. "Legends of Tomorrow" should be a spectacle in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Jemm actually reminded of Despero, with the object in his forehead and mind control powers and all.
    This.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-08-2015 at 06:52 PM.