Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question for upcoming Batman Contagion/Legacy (?) TPB

A few months ago I read that DC planned to release a new collection of the Batman:Legacy storyline, something that was mentioned in a previous thread as well:

http://community.comicbookresources....for-Early-2016!

It was even listed on Amazon as a future publication for Spring 2016. As I was interested in pre-ordering it I searched for it again these days and saw that the title on Amazon had been changed to Batman: Contagion while the description of contents remained the same:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Contagi...tman+contagion

Wondering if they just changed the title, I searched a bit more and found a listing on DC's website for Batman: Contagion only here the contents are the ones fron the old Contagion TPB.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/batman-contagion

Anyone knows anything about it? It makes sense to release Contagion before Legacy but since I own the old Contagion TPB there's no point for me pre-ordering that.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

It would be wise to just be patient; there will probably be more information available soon and although I also like to pre-order most of my comics, these new trade paperbacks will be readily available for purchase when they come out, so there is really no need to have them reserved. Also, online listings for upcoming releases are often incorrect, so really the best you can do is just wait.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

I agree with you, I was just thinking of preordering from my local comicbook-store (I'm not from the US) and with some collections they were unable to find copies without preordering. Still, "wait and see" seems the best option.

All-New Member

Found this forum on a Google search and just thought I'd let you know that I got the TPB today and it's the Contagion arc plus all the issues between Contagion and Legacy. I hope this means they'll be reprinting Legacy sometime soon.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jurassicbond View Post
    Found this forum on a Google search and just thought I'd let you know that I got the TPB today and it's the Contagion arc plus all the issues between Contagion and Legacy. I hope this means they'll be reprinting Legacy sometime soon.
    Legacy is almost certainly coming all this means. DC is finally trying to better cash in on nostalgia for 90s Batman comics. Smart move. And lets new readers experience this stuff.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I was pleasantly surprised to see the content of this book. The solicits (which are more often than not wrong these days) didn't list the follow up issues, if memory serves.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Have you ever tried to find the original Legacy graphic novel online? goes for ridiculous money it's almost up there with the Titans omnibus 1 as the biggest chance to rip a fellow fan off

I've ordered this book it was one of my favourites at the time, I loved DC 700 with the envelope cover

Quote Originally Posted by Markov View Post
    Have you ever tried to find the original Legacy graphic novel online? goes for ridiculous money it's almost up there with the Titans omnibus 1 as the biggest chance to rip a fellow fan off
    The online prices for some older ''out-of-print'' trade paperbacks are ridiculous, but people seem to be willing to pay a lot of money for them, including me, BTW...

There are a couple of trades I'm still missing in my Batman collection, and when they pop up somewhere I'd be willing to pay a lot more than they are actually worth, so buyers and sellers are both equally guilty, I guess...

Check out these prices for the original Batman: Shaman trade (directly from Amazon):

Untitled.jpg
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Shaman is being re-released too I think. I have to give it to DC, they are addressing this OOP tpb issue some.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Shaman is being re-released too I think. I have to give it to DC, they are addressing this OOP tpb issue some.
    Yes, Shaman is being re-released pretty soon. OK, this is weird, while I was typing this I wanted to check out when the new Shaman trade is coming out, because it met with some delays...now, on the website where I get pretty much all of my books it says:

This article has been discontinued and is no longer available for sale.

The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Hopefully this just means they're editing the contents (more issues?), and will re-solicit at a later time...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I hope so. The book doesn't seem available anywhere right now, except on the DC Comics website (with an on sale date of January 20, 2016), but when you click on ''BUY NOW'' it redirects you to Amazon or Barnes & Noble, and they don't have it.
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

BANNED

I feel AWFUL, because I spent 70 bucks on the original Legacy tpb just a few months ago, and I had bought Contagion just a few months before that. I'm really bummed now because had I known about these reprints I would have held off. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    I feel AWFUL, because I spent 70 bucks on the original Legacy tpb just a few months ago, and I had bought Contagion just a few months before that. I'm really bummed now because had I known about these reprints I would have held off. Oh well.
    Yea, you always have to keep your ears to the ground. I knew when DC announced some more NML trades and the prior new Knightfall trades and from Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 solicit and etc that DC is focusing on this era and gonna do these reprints. You have to sense these trends.

LOTDK Prey was out of print and that video game with Hugo Strange had me thinking Prey might see reprint, and it did.

Something weird is happening with the Shaman reprint, but I bet we'll see it this year (or next at the latest).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-16-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, you always have to keep your ears to the ground. I knew when DC announced some more NML trades and the prior new Knightfall trades and from Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 solicit and etc that DC is focusing on this era and gonna do these reprints. You have to sense these trends.
    I agree with JBatmanFan05, DC have slowly been releasing the major 90's Batman cross-overs in the last few years, once Legacy & Road to NML 2 are released I think thats everything crossover wise that's due for release