Spectacular Member

Default Metamorpho appreciation thread.

As you already know the rules of an appreciation thread, I want to bring your attention to this underrated character. The Element Man is perhaps the most undervaluated character in the whole DC roster. Writers have relegated him in most cases to the background only as an spectator. His powers are pretty cool, he can become in a behemot if he wish and his abilities could compete with any of the most powerful characters in the comic world.

1874395-metamorpho_by_jetjaquar.jpg

He is a light hearted character with a dose of good mood (he was the comical one in Batman and the Outsiders) and was always willing to help people in even those small details.

JLA042_02a.jpg

He was simply fantastic. A creation of Bob Haney and Ramona Fradom, the caracter mades his debut on Brave and the Bold #57 and soon graduated to his own book. Unfortunately his ongoing series lasted only 17 issues.

Brave_and_the_Bold_v.1_57.jpg

After this series the character made some other apparitions as second feature or as guest starring until was called by Batman to be part of the Outsiders. Two limited series had his name on the cover that were the only tries of DC to give the character a new chance and then the character was folded to several titles as a "background" or C list character.
    DC has announced that finally in 2016 the character will have a new chance with an 8 issue limited series. We hope his introduction to the new DC universe do not break the character or just destroy his glorious past. Perhaps better days come for the Element man.
    Any appreciation words for this character from the community?

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XV (May 1986):

Fantastic Member

He's shining now in 'The Terrifics' I always liked 'Shift' as well.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

My favorite artist to draw him has to be Bart Sears. I just loved the way he drew him Justice League Europe. He drew him as more a big bulky bruiser, and he looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    My favorite artist to draw him has to be Bart Sears. I just loved the way he drew him Justice League Europe. He drew him as more a big bulky bruiser, and he looked great.

Totally agree. I'd love to see Sears get to draw him again someday. He did a great Martian Manhunter too.

Astonishing Member

Love Metamorpho since I read his Showcase Presents book. I actually had the privilege of getting that book signed by Ramona Fradon at a local comic-con years ago.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Oh. You reminded me of baby Metamorpho over there. Those were great stories.

I also really liked the Metamorpho story in Legends of Tomorrow that came out two years ago. Too bad it didn't turn into anything further.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake