View Poll Results: Who should Squadron Supreme go after next?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scarlet Witch

15 24.19%
  • Beast

16 25.81%
  • Iron Man

14 22.58%
  • Blackbolt

15 24.19%
  • Doctor Strange

6 9.68%
  • Magneto

10 16.13%
  • Inhumans

8 12.90%
  • Mutants

2 3.23%
  • Cyclops

3 4.84%
  • Jean Grey

2 3.23%
  • Doctor Doom

13 20.97%
  • Reed Richards

4 6.45%
  • Legion

1 1.61%
  • Franklin Richards

3 4.84%
  • Other (Write In)

11 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who should Squadron Supreme go after next?

Straight forward who do you think the Squadron Supreme should logically go after to protect their new earth from destruction.

1.Scarlet Witch - She's rewrote reality and killed mutants all over the planet
    2.Beast - Member of the Illuminati, also jeopardises reality with bringing the O5 into the present, also responsible for a couple of genocides(?)
    3.Iron Man - Member of the Illuminati, grade A asshole
    4.Blackbolt - Member of the Illuminati, responsible for untold death's worldwide by releasing the Terrigen Mists
    5.Doctor Strange - Member of the Illuminati
    6.Magneto - Nuff Said
    7.Inhumans(generally) - Could they perceived as an aggressor nation?
    8.Mutants(generally) - Ditto
    9.Cyclops - Everyone in the Marvel Universe seems to hate Scott these days
    10.(Teen) Jean Grey - Stop her before she goes Dark Phoenix?
    11.Doctor Doom - See Magneto
    12.Reed Richards - Member of the Illuminati
    13.Legion - Potentially another Scarlet Witch
    14.Franklin Richards - Potentially another Scarlet Witch
    15.Other(Write in)

If they really want to test themselves go after Thanos. I mean he and the Cabal iirc killed most of the Squadron Supreme.

Also going after Reed or even Tony would mean suicide for them. Characters no matter how powerful who tried to mess with these two never met a good ending...

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    If they really want to test themselves go after Thanos. I mean he and the Cabal iirc killed most of the Squadron Supreme.

Also going after Reed or even Tony would mean suicide for them. Characters no matter how powerful who tried to mess with these two never met a good ending...
    If their agenda is to go after threats, then Thanos an obvious choice if for no other reason than because he's probably the biggest.

Personally I think that fight might be a bit out of their league without a lot of help and a lot more resources.... even going out into space is something I'm not entirely certain they're capable of doing at the moment. But down the line it's something that should be on their agenda. Assuming Thanos is still out there somewhere... but I assume he is.

BANNED

This would be an interesting matchup for a number of reasons. I'd like to see this throwdown.

The Cabal crushed Tony Stark during Hickman's Time Runs Out storyline and the only thing that keeps characters like Reed Richards and Doom alive most of the time revolves around PIS, so to say that it would be "suicide" for the Squadron Supreme to go up against either one of these characters is somewhat subjective.

Mighty Member

If they kill Cyclops, they will be my best friends for killing 2 characters I hate.

My God when heroes have become major threats to the planet and humankind than Marvel villains?
    In a moment villains will no longer be necessary.

Cyclops is already considered dead but have doubts about this.
    Reed is gone and his son are suggesting kill a child ?

Overcome Inhumans or Mutants would not be so easy best have tried and failed.
    Mutants are already nearly extinct if it is to end all inhumans and mutants let the story go their way they will fight each other and if one side survive they would need only finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    If they kill Cyclops, they will be my best friends for killing 2 characters I hate.
    Hate the super-hero game, not the playa.

More seriously, I hate what's become of Scott.

For threats Squadron Supreme should go after, the case against Magneto is rock solid. He has a very long record of flaunting international law and conducting terrorist acts against humanity. He's been involved with mostly successful attacks against nuclear facilities from his first appearance onward, once acquiring nuclear arms. He's been involved in 2 large-scale attacks against New York City, one of which he basically led an Atlantean invasion. No other non-Atlantean associate of Namor can even claim to have done that, not even Doom. I'm assuming those villainous acts are all part of the ANAD universe's history.

Squadron Supreme taking Magneto out would also aid Marvel in getting rid of a prominent X character, giving a good send-off to a character with a rich history while depriving Fox Studios of free promotion in the future for a character Fox nearly controls. (I feel you, Ike! Don't give an inch to Rupert Murdoch! Make Mine Mickey- er, Marvel! )
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-03-2016 at 09:15 AM.

James Robinson for turning them into cold-blooded murderers
    The confrontation would end with them realizing they were victims of poor characterizations and deciding to let the him free to handle projects he'd be a better fit to. Yes, a happy ending for a change lol
    The next arc would be them handling the aftermath of their actions in previous arcs and trying to be better heroes even if they choose to keep the team's proactive mission statement.

Is Thanos not dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    My God when heroes have become major threats to the planet and humankind than Marvel villains?
    In a moment villains will no longer be necessary.

Cyclops is already considered dead but have doubts about this.
    Reed is gone and his son are suggesting kill a child ?
    I don't think Franklin deserves to die but he could pull a Wanda any day now. Did this make me laugh saw it earlier.

I find the heroes have a brand of this these days.
    The term "affluenza" has also been used to refer to an inability to understand the consequences of one's actions because of financial privilege, notably in the case of Ethan Couch.
    Basically the Avengers have become the 1% of their world and don't understand why consequences exist for them.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Is Thanos not dead?

I don't think Franklin deserves to die but he could pull a Wanda any day now. Did this make me laugh saw it earlier.

Basically the Avengers have become the 1% of their world and don't understand why consequences exist for them.
    Super heroes in general have no consequences for their actions, because that's how the genre needs to work. Heroes are needed for safety of the planet (and frankly for the entire universe). So they get a LOT of latitude as far as consequneces go. Objectively speaking heroes siting in jail cells awaiting trial for their actions frankly better serves the bad guys than society as a whole... so you really need to think twice before applying consequences to their actions. If every hero that ever committed a crime had to deal with due process, every hero on the planet apart from Squirrel Girl would be sititng in a jail cell as we speak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Super heroes in general have no consequences for their actions, because that's how the genre needs to work. Heroes are needed for safety of the planet (and frankly for the entire universe). So they get a LOT of latitude as far as consequneces go. Objectively speaking heroes siting in jail cells awaiting trial for their actions frankly better serves the bad guys than society as a whole... so you really need to think twice before applying consequences to their actions. If every hero that ever committed a crime had to deal with due process, every hero on the planet apart from Squirrel Girl would be sititng in a jail cell as we speak.
    Necessary evil and all that. (chuckle)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Straight forward who do you think the Squadron Supreme should logically go after to protect their new earth from destruction.

1.Scarlet Witch - She's rewrote reality and killed mutants all over the planet
    2.Beast - Member of the Illuminati, also jeopardises reality with bringing the O5 into the present, also responsible for a couple of genocides(?)
    3.Iron Man - Member of the Illuminati, grade A asshole
    4.Blackbolt - Member of the Illuminati, responsible for untold death's worldwide by releasing the Terrigen Mists
    5.Doctor Strange - Member of the Illuminati
    6.Magneto - Nuff Said
    7.Inhumans(generally) - Could they perceived as an aggressor nation?
    8.Mutants(generally) - Ditto
    9.Cyclops - Everyone in the Marvel Universe seems to hate Scott these days
    10.(Teen) Jean Grey - Stop her before she goes Dark Phoenix?
    11.Doctor Doom - See Magneto
    12.Reed Richards - Member of the Illuminati
    13.Legion - Potentially another Scarlet Witch
    14.Franklin Richards - Potentially another Scarlet Witch
    15.Other(Write in)
    Is Thanos not dead?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Necessary evil and all that. (chuckle)
    Also to Blanchett I would Avoid putting Images Like those on your thread cause already reading your opening page was suspect enough with some benefit of the doubt to you, but then with that image you put up(Don't get me started on that either cause of the Justified Reconned History), you move your thread dangerously in becoming nothing more than another hit piece on why a group of fans want to get even with certain characters that a group of fans don't like, just using Squadron Supreme as a cover for that.

So with that, just try to keep it even if you want a true discussion thread on such an idea.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

To Cjstriker while I continue to like you personally you have to be aware there is no way to do a discussion like this and NOT reference the Scarlet Witch given her history.

The Gruenwald series did deal with why the heroes shouldn't be above the law. The well intentioned heroes took over the states but during their stay in power they were corrupted and made some very amoral choices. It is important that they are held accountable for bad choices when it results in the death of innocence. Whether that "justice" should be served in the form of heat vision or a trial though..........I don't think it sends a healthy message to younger readers when these power figures do something wrong with massive repercussions for others and for it to be let slide.

Personally I do think we will have a battle with Blackbolt at some point but I also think the Squadron will be forced due to matters out of their control to turn their attention to threats from the stars.

I knew beast would be winning the poll. You should vote for who the SS should go for next, not who you want to see dead haha

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I knew beast would be winning the poll. You should vote for who the SS should go for next, not who you want to see dead haha
    There's somewhat of an economy in going after Beast because that's effectively going after Inhumans (as he's currently living with them) and mutants (as they would likely seek retribution against the Squadron for going after him) at the same time. Going after Beast is effectively picking a fight with the X-Men and Inhumans at the same time. Which creates sort of a weird situation given that the mutants and Inhumans aren't necessarily on good terms.