Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This is turning into another rushed ending by Hickman IMO.

He spent so much time setting up stuff that we are getting ot the point where this should be very, very fun and full of epicness and isntead... everything is resolved in one panel.

BEN VS GALACTUS! oh nevermind just smash my face because, reasons

MAESTRO! smashed

THANOS VS DOOM! just another chance to show how powerful Doom is... which I think we got the point when he broke Phoenix neck and obliterated Dr. Strange

I mean, come on!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems like its gonna be Doom/T'challa, at least initially
    I'm sure both will get a shot at Doom.

This is turning into another rushed ending by Hickman IMO.

He spent so much time setting up stuff that we are getting ot the point where this should be very, very fun and full of epicness and isntead... everything is resolved in one panel.

BEN VS GALACTUS! oh nevermind just smash my face because, reasons

MAESTRO! smashed

THANOS VS DOOM! just another chance to show how powerful Doom is... which I think we got the point when he broke Phoenix neck and obliterated Dr. Strange

I mean, come on!
    That's why I sort of wish every big event had a companion mini like Avx did with just the fights. For a lot of events, you may get one really developed fight but the rest is largely just background stuff. The main book almost never gives the space to develop every fight to the degree a lot of readers wish they did.

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

I thought this issue had a lot of "oh sh*t" moments. Maestro, Thing, Thanos, Groot?!!!!. I can't wait for issue 9 to see Panther v Doom followed by the final battle between Reed and Doom. This series is fantastic.

Incredible Member

I think Hickman needed to remind us that this fight isn't over yet and that even a weakened Doom still poses a major threat to the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's why I sort of wish every big event had a companion mini like Avx did with just the fights. For a lot of events, you may get one really developed fight but the rest is largely just background stuff. The main book almost never gives the space to develop every fight to the degree a lot of readers wish they did.
    I could agree with that

I wish the SW wasted tie ins were used for this, rather than alt world stories that ultimately didn' tmatter at all

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Well, the covers made it look like Reed and Doom were gonna slug it out

But it looks like it will be T'challa. FEATS TIME BABY!
    As long as he has the IG, anything BP manages to do to Doom doesn't count as a BP feat.

BANNED

Needs more dakka.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    As long as he has the IG, anything BP manages to do to Doom doesn't count as a BP feat.
    Then again, Captain America could barely wield it, so...
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Yeah, I have to agree with whoever said this SW has been like a bunch of cameos sewed together. I appreciate that for once we have a crossover with dialogue but there is no flow it's like a series of screenshots. Additionally, what's their deal? Do they have a plan to restart the Universe? The Phoenix Host is dead, and if the Infinity Gauntlet could do it then why didn't Doom do it in the first place? Seems like a lot to be resolved in the last issue.

This issue was fun, though it still seems to be moving a little slowly in terms of actual plot. Seeing the war was great, but it would have been better if some of that had been left for a companion book or something. As it stands, most of the tie-ins were irrelevant stories (that while good, didn't actually move the plot of Battleworld forward) and the past two issues of Secret Wars have been very exposition-lite. As it stands, there's a lot of moving pieces, and a lot to wrap up in issue 9. Hopefully it'll stick the landing, but that's looking like it may just not be possible. Fingers crossed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with whoever said this SW has been like a bunch of cameos sewed together. I appreciate that for once we have a crossover with dialogue but there is no flow it's like a series of screenshots. Additionally, what's their deal? Do they have a plan to restart the Universe? The Phoenix Host is dead, and if the Infinity Gauntlet could do it then why didn't Doom do it in the first place? Seems like a lot to be resolved in the last issue.
    It seems like the Reed(s) have some sort of plan

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I still think Cyclops will come back at the very end.

Groot becoming the World Tree was a great moment. It's also a very interesting one as that seems to be tying in to the Infinite Avengers arc back when Avengers tied in with Original Sin. I can see that moment being a lot more important than it initially appears.

I was actually pretty happy to see Thanos get taken down by Doom so easily but I was disappointed that Thanos was stupid enough to find himself face to face with Doom unprepared. Characters will often reference that as powerful as Thanos is, it's his intellect that may be his most dangerous trait. A Thanos/Doom confrontation would only happen when Doom was at his absolute weakest if you write Thanos correct.

But then again, I've been waiting for Thanos and his Black Order to exit the story since the end of Infinity. Keeping them around as long as they have hasn't done any of them any favors story-wise.

I'm also in the camp of folks surprised that the zombie horde comes out of the Siege Courageous as.... Zombies? I seriously thought we were getting a wave of multiversal heroes sweeping into battle. Arguably the zombies are a bigger threat but still....

I am looking forward to issue 9 though. It looks like all the pieces are in place for a fairly epic end.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    Groot becoming the World Tree was a great moment. It's also a very interesting one as that seems to be tying in to the Infinite Avengers arc back when Avengers tied in with Original Sin. I can see that moment being a lot more important than it initially appears.

I was actually pretty happy to see Thanos get taken down by Doom so easily but I was disappointed that Thanos was stupid enough to find himself face to face with Doom unprepared. Characters will often reference that as powerful as Thanos is, it's his intellect that may be his most dangerous trait. A Thanos/Doom confrontation would only happen when Doom was at his absolute weakest if you write Thanos correct.

But then again, I've been waiting for Thanos and his Black Order to exit the story since the end of Infinity. Keeping them around as long as they have hasn't done any of them any favors story-wise.

I'm also in the camp of folks surprised that the zombie horde comes out of the Siege Courageous as.... Zombies? I seriously thought we were getting a wave of multiversal heroes sweeping into battle. Arguably the zombies are a bigger threat but still....

I am looking forward to issue 9 though. It looks like all the pieces are in place for a fairly epic end.
    They need to stay zombie if Black Panther want to control them. If the were alive they could aligne with Doom