Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You just figured this out?
    Yes. Today !

More seriously it's always good to read Hickman talking about Doom. And the bonus here is the comparison with Thanos... So pertinent and just perfect. Thank you Jonathan ! And thank you again !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    My guess is that Victor is really a kind person. Very kind !

Need to quote the writer here :

Hickman really digs Doom. I mean REALLY.
    You said it!!! Hickman MUST be the one to write the F4 or at least Doom parts of any future screenplay when the franchise ultimately reverts back to Marvel Studios. In this modern day, HICKMAN is the DOOM GURU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I think Hickman's interview hearkens back to Doom at the beginning of issue#3. I think Doom struggled to create a world that would require as little "micromanagement" as possible, especially since he expends so much of his "iron will " in holding Battleworld together. The defeat isnt so much about Doom losing a battle versus his foes (though he will once Owen Reece is no longer channeling Beyonders power to him), but that his dream of a self-maintaining world has died
    Battleworld was bound to crash down anyways. If Doom wasn't able to kickstart a new universe, he maybe should at least have put all the people on the surviving Earth chunks in a fridge and started a more natural Earth from the scratch, instead of using those broken pieces to create a ragdoll planet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    You said it!!! Hickman MUST be the one to write the F4 or at least Doom parts of any future screenplay when the franchise ultimately reverts back to Marvel Studios. In this modern day, HICKMAN is the DOOM GURU!!!!
    Hell, he should've been helping Fox; working with Vaughn.

Still, it's looking like Fox and Marvel are working together, rather than any rights going to anyone, so we may still see this happen: Vaughn and Hickman working on an F4 movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Battleworld was bound to crash down anyways. If Doom wasn't able to kickstart a new universe, he maybe should at least have put all the people on the surviving Earth chunks in a fridge and started a more natural Earth from the scratch, instead of using those broken pieces to create a ragdoll planet.
    But...but...conflict! Drama!

We all know Doom gets bored of being God, so he needs something to keep him entertained. Hell, it's a wonder he lasted 8 years lmao!

Damn, Thanos.. Lol

T'Challa, for the Win!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

lol at Doom with the Sub-Zero Mortal Kombat Fatality.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It seems like the Reed(s) have some sort of plan
    Honestly I'm not sure the Reed would have made their move if they didn't have some sort of plan in place, because Doom is really holding everything together. And as bad as some may rightfuly see Doom as, without him things potentially are a lot worse. So I think if they've gone this far they have SOME idea of how to "fix" everything.

If they don't, then frankly they're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    But...but...conflict! Drama!

We all know Doom gets bored of being God, so he needs something to keep him entertained. Hell, it's a wonder he lasted 8 years lmao!
    Yes conflict, drama, but maybe also technical reasons. Battleworld is built around the Neg-Zone - currently a sphere inside this Hollow Earth. Perhaps it was the only choice to build a "space" after the destruction of the multiverse. We still need to learn about the cosmology of this "pocket reality" IIRC the words used by Reed.

About the ending the Maker should play a part too. And maybe not a nice one... I don't know : I don't think that Reed really knows who he is - and possibly believes that is just another "younger" alternate self ? Such a mistake could lead to bad consequences... Val could play a part then - I think that she met the Maker along with Miles in Hunger, didn't she ?

Well that's kinda how Thanos is. He wasn't impressed by the killing of Cyclops, but he didn't know the extent of Doom's power. He probably that Doom was expending most of his power to hold the planet together.

He'd be right.

Too bad Doom still has enough to flick beings as powerful as him out of existence.
    I thought Hickman wrote a pretty descent Thanos up to this point... but him having literally nothing up his sleeve going into a fight with Doom I thought was a bit underwhelming. I expected a little more than that from him, even though obviously whatever he brought likely wouldn't have worked.

Actually, Maestro hopped away, to safety lol.
    And then Grimm smashed him with the helicarrier. Maybe. Anyway, I doubt we'll see him again in this series (yeah he's in CoC). Hickman's clearing the sandbox
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 12-09-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Hickman really digs Doom. I mean REALLY.
    We get that. We also know that Thanos has had enough esteem for Doom to keep spy probes on him in the past. Knowing what he knew about the power Doom had, Thanos would NEVER attack him directly.

Also Doom's offer was phony. Thanos isn't a conqueror and he knows that.

Thanos being brutally killed ... again.
    When we thought Galactus would eliminate everyone .. a wild Groot emerges.
    What an epic issue !
    Here for the Maker vs Reed vs Doom scene though. I think it will be longer than Doom vs Thanos

Delays aside, I enjoyed this issue. Secret Wars kind of dragged for a while, which the delays didn't help. But the past couple of issues have really gotten the story back on track. Everything is finally coming together. The big, epic showdown between Dr. Doom and Battleworld is unfolding. This issue wasn't quite as good as the previous issue, but it had some amazing moments. That moment with Thing and Franklin was really powerful. And Doom's chat with Thanos was definitely satisfying. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see more of a reaction between Sue and Reed, but I'm okay with waiting for the next issue to explore that...whenever it comes out.

Overall, this issue was solid. I feel the delays have sort of muted the impact of Secret Wars, but the story itself is still strong. Marvel has had problems ending stories on a high note in the past. I hope Secret Wars bucks that trend. I did a full review of this issue on my blog. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The pacing in this series is all over the place. Too much going on to get good characterization. Instead all the resolutuon feels like snapshots.

That said, I still enjoyed the issue. Loved the Groot scene!

But does Ribic have to draw everyone with the O face?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-