Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I'm not making any excuses, also i don't hate the Inhumans because i perceive them as a threat.

From what i have read the X-fans that do not like the Inhumans at the moment.Does not have anything to do with them not being mutants. They have never been mutants. Some X-fans have a problem with the Inhumans now because as i stated they are incorporating themes and characteristics that have been central themes to the X-men and they are starting to find the Inhumans and X-men becoming to similar.That is not the same as you claiming they hate them for not being mutants.
    Obviously you're not able to look at it without bias, but we're derailing the thread, so I'll bow out before the mods tell me I did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I can't count the times I've read where somebody can't stand the Inhumans specifically because they aren't mutants. That's a trait. Any new title that has an Inhuman
    character as the main character in it will draw the same wrath, and that's not true for any other type of character. It's specifically targeted at them. Make all the excuses
    you want, but to hate a group you perceive as a threat is just what the Marvel Universe humans supposedly do to mutants.
    I thought most people hate the Inhumansame for the opposite reason. That is, they don't hate them because they aren't mutant. They hate them because for all intents and purposes they are mutant ie they have borrowed so much from the X-men that the distinction between mutants and inhumans has disappeared.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

well, how much difference is there really between mutants and the nuhumans? aside from the fact that one's powers mainifest during puberty and another manifest with terrigen, they're mostly the same. So if X-men fans are upset because inhumans are taking their tropes like being hated and having powers thrust upon them and fighting bigots...what do you have to not read inhumans other than it doesn't have your favorite x-men charcaters (which is a fine reason sure, but it doesn't warrant the hate for inhumans)

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    well, how much difference is there really between mutants and the nuhumans? aside from the fact that one's powers mainifest during puberty and another manifest with terrigen, they're mostly the same. So if X-men fans are upset because inhumans are taking their tropes like being hated and having powers thrust upon them and fighting bigots...what do you have to not read inhumans other than it doesn't have your favorite x-men charcaters (which is a fine reason sure, but it doesn't warrant the hate for inhumans)
    Mutants are the next stage of human evolution and Inhumans are a Kree experiment gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Mutants are the next stage of human evolution (caused by genetic tampering by the Celestials) and Inhumans are a Kree experiment gone wrong. Now, thanks to the Terrigen Mists spreading across the planet (and not dissipating for some reason, rather just hanging around like a big egg fart) everyone with the right genes can become one. Just like...you guessed it, mutants.
    Fixed that. And most don't hate the Inhumans individually (personally I'm completely indifferent to them), they hate what they franchise has become: Mutant Lite.

It's lame, corporate greed driven, and transparently obvious to anyone with half a brain who is not being willfully obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The current members.

Doctor Voodoo
    Rogue
    Quicksilver
    Deadpool
    Human Torch
    Synapse
    Cable
    Steve Rogers
    I'd probably drop Quicksilver and swap Wasp for Synapse. That would be a perfect lineup IMO.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'd probably drop Quicksilver and swap Wasp for Synapse. That would be a perfect lineup IMO.
    you kind of have to have an inhuman for uncanny though. but I'd replace quicksilver with wasp.

Random view on the Inhumans "hatred". I'd equate it to how the world felt about Germans in the wake of Hitler... people broad brushed that sentiment across a whole people. Black bolt released the poison killing and sterilising an entire population group driving the from there own home. As their king he represents all inhumans as whole population group making it easier to extend what he did to all his people. The fact that they are not particularly helpful in cleaning the mess they made and went to war possibly in the interim and are only now looking to help makes them look bad. What bites even more is that marvel makes them look like heroes despite the fact they as a group are responsible for the mess and they are trying to sell black bolt as a hero and not the man who through is actions inflicted genocide on a race. All the while Marvel tries to rebrand them as x replacements. Of course people will rail against it.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 12-10-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Most folks are just mad at Marvel and, unfortunately for Inhumans fans (all three of them ), boycotting their Inhumans push is the best way to show them our displeasure.

Amazing Member

Why did they kick Spidey off anyways? Seemed kind of odd to advertise him on the team and then he leaves the book like 10 pages into the first issue? But I'm glad Cable joined, and there is a Spidey/Deadpool book coming out soon.

Just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Why did they kick Spidey off anyways? Seemed kind of odd to advertise him on the team and then he leaves the book like 10 pages into the first issue? But I'm glad Cable joined, and there is a Spidey/Deadpool book coming out soon.

Just odd.
    Maybe it's a partial homage to when Hulk left the Avengers 2 seconds after helping found the team.

But yeah... I sort of felt it was a bait and switch. And I was honestly looking foreward to Torch and Spidey being on the same team. Even though I think Cable is actually a better fit, I'm a bit disappointed.

BANNED

I'm not mad at the Inhumans. I'd like to read about the ones I care about. Unfortunately one of them (Crystal) is too tied to the FF for much use, another has been turned into a villain (Black Bolt), another's just waiting for another Pet Avengers mini (Lockjaw), and the other is in the hands of Warren Ellis which makes for good comics but if I were told a comic writer was going to be in charge of my life then followed up with "and it's Warren Ellis" I'd probably be more than a bit nervous. The others I don't care for (Medusa probably being the least interesting, but somehow everywhere).

"Nuhumans" (new mutants) on the other hand, I see very little to enjoy. And whatever the reason they're gaining new members (Terrigen Mist, Kree experiment, Galactus farted, etc.), the result is mutants are dying or being sterilized and instead of random humans waking up and finding out they have fantastic powers because of a mutant X gene they're instead finding out they have fantastic powers because of Inhuman DNA (somehow spread despite the xenophobic, slave-owning Inhumans segregating themselves from humanity for thousands of years). If you can't connect those dots, you're probably not posting here because typing would come to you with great difficulty. If you willfully ignore these dots, then you can ignore what's going on and enjoy whatever crap the Mouse spews out to you that fits into their IP agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For me, I'd replace Quicksilver with Spider-Man and replace Synapse with either Wasp or Quake.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I'm not making any excuses, also i don't hate the Inhumans because i perceive them as a threat.

From what i have read the X-fans that do not like the Inhumans at the moment.Does not have anything to do with them not being mutants. They have never been mutants. Some X-fans have a problem with the Inhumans now because as i stated they are incorporating themes and characteristics that have been central themes to the X-men and they are starting to find the Inhumans and X-men becoming to similar.That is not the same as you claiming they hate them for not being mutants.
    It's true that's the source of this HATE against Inhumans. But it's untrue that Inhumans are taking elements the X-Men are known for. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

I don't think the entire segment of fans hate the group because of a "trait" most have a problem with what seems to be the appropriation of several things that have been central themes to the X-men.
    Well they should drop their problem with the Inhumans then, because they're not appropriating any themes that "belong" to the X-Men.

The Inhumans aren't fighting oppression or trying to be accepted BECAUSE THEY ALREADY ARE ACCEPTED. They don't have to protect humans that hate or fear them, because Inhumans are viewed very positively by western society. And most NuHumans aren't ashamed, abandoned, or viewed as freaks by their families -in fact some families even have moved to Attilan with their Inhuman relatives as a sign of support (Inferno for example), and the royal family members are viewed as celebrities and dignitaries! The only hate and fear they're getting is FAR from mainstream, its' neo-nazi skinheads and psycho communists.

The Inhumans are what a race of super-powered being (like mutants) would be if society accepted/welcomed them; they are the exact opposite of mutants because of this; same idea, different perspectives.

My message to anyone who hates the Inhumans for this reason:

Just stop demonizing the Inhumans WHILE the X-Men are being mistreated... because it's perpetuating a false-narrative that the X-Men are being mistreated BECAUSE the Inhumans are being pushed. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I thought most people hate the Inhumansame for the opposite reason. That is, they don't hate them because they aren't mutant. They hate them because for all intents and purposes they are mutant ie they have borrowed so much from the X-men that the distinction between mutants and inhumans has disappeared.
    Again with this bs argument... what Inhumans book are you reading that you're getting this from???

There are teenagers trying to rent boats to track down the T-Cloud to see if they have the Inhuman gene to become an Inhuman, and people selling tours following the cloud to see the NuHumans created in it's path... they're MORE than accepted, they've been embraced by humanity! You'd never see that kinda stuff in an X-book!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    As I explained above, it's not the traits the X-fans hate about the Inhumans, it's the way Marvel is using them. They've gone from something completely different to something that too many parallels are able to be drawn between the two. It also doesn't help that mutants are endangered again because of Marvel's push of Inhumans like they are now and that they've even retconned some mutants to Inhuman. Their dislike comes from Marvel using the X-Men to prop up the Inhumans at the expense of them. No fandom likes to see something like that happen to their favorites.
    No. Mutants are not endangered because the Inhumans are being pushed, as the Inhumans were being pushed for a while before this whole sterilization story started. The STORY itself is what's endangering mutants. A distinction must be made.

And the only comic mutant I can think of that was retconned to Inhuman is Toro (and honestly, not a big freakin' loss...), which ones are you speaking of?
    Quake wasn't confirmed to be a mutant so her Inhuman heritage wasn't a retcon. Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver aren't Inhumans; so they don't count either.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    "Nuhumans" (new mutants) on the other hand, I see very little to enjoy. And whatever the reason they're gaining new members (Terrigen Mist, Kree experiment, Galactus farted, etc.), the result is mutants are dying or being sterilized and instead of random humans waking up and finding out they have fantastic powers because of a mutant X gene they're instead finding out they have fantastic powers because of Inhuman DNA (somehow spread despite the xenophobic, slave-owning Inhumans segregating themselves from humanity for thousands of years). If you can't connect those dots, you're probably not posting here because typing would come to you with great difficulty. If you willfully ignore these dots, then you can ignore what's going on and enjoy whatever crap the Mouse spews out to you that fits into their IP agenda.
    Yep. Definitely an unbiased opinion if I ever saw one... Quick question though: have you ever actually read a story with the Alpha Primitives in it?

Then you'd know that they were used as a parallel to tell a story about America's own struggles in dealing with our history with slavery, and the sins of our fathers being dealt with, and the guilt of the next generation of Americans who view it as immoral and detest our own ancestors for allowing such an abomination to stain our history. The Inhumans didn't "own" the Alpha Primitives later on, the Alphas were scarred from inception and would never be able to function outside of slavery -another parallel to the setbacks experienced by African-Americans -after they were set free- in the USA, and the struggle to further right those wrong during the American civil rights movement (real-time back when the Alpha Primitives story was unfolding in the pages of the Fantastic Four). It was a story about real social issues, something the X-Men don't have all to themselves now, and something they certainly didn't have all to themselves 50 years ago. Black Bolt and the Inhumans are no more responsible for the Alpha Primitives than you or I are for American slavery.

This anti-Inhuman "they're slave owners" rhetoric is almost as annoying as the "Inhumans are copying the X-Men" rhetoric. And equally as false.

And furthermore, Black Bolt is only a villain in the eyes of a select group of X-fans. He didn't know that the mists would harm mutants, as there's never been any evidence of that happening prior when mutants had been exposed to terrigen. Besides, it's unlikely this is just the terrigen, odds are there's a third party that's tainted the mists and turned them into a weapon against the X-Men for whatever nefarious purpose... Maybe Maximus, Kang, Apocalypse, you name 'em.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 12-11-2015 at 01:35 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    It's true that's the source of this HATE against Inhumans. But it's untrue that Inhumans are taking elements the X-Men are known for. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Well they should drop their problem with the Inhumans then, because they're not appropriating any themes that "belong" to the X-Men.

The Inhumans aren't fighting oppression or trying to be accepted BECAUSE THEY ALREADY ARE ACCEPTED. They don't have to protect humans that hate or fear them, because Inhumans are viewed very positively by western society. And most NuHumans aren't ashamed, abandoned, or viewed as freaks by their families -in fact some families even have moved to Attilan with their Inhuman relatives as a sign of support (Inferno for example), and the royal family members are viewed as celebrities and dignitaries! The only hate and fear they're getting is FAR from mainstream, its' neo-nazi skinheads and psycho communists.

The Inhumans are what a race of super-powered being (like mutants) would be if society accepted/welcomed them; they are the exact opposite of mutants because of this; same idea, different perspectives.

My message to anyone who hates the Inhumans for this reason:

Just stop demonizing the Inhumans WHILE the X-Men are being mistreated... because it's perpetuating a false-narrative that the X-Men are being mistreated BECAUSE the Inhumans are being pushed. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.

Again with this bs argument... what Inhumans book are you reading that you're getting this from???

There are teenagers trying to rent boats to track down the T-Cloud to see if they have the Inhuman gene to become an Inhuman, and people selling tours following the cloud to see the NuHumans created in it's path... they're MORE than accepted, they've been embraced by humanity! You'd never see that kinda stuff in an X-book!!!

No. Mutants are not endangered because the Inhumans are being pushed, as the Inhumans were being pushed for a while before this whole sterilization story started. The STORY itself is what's endangering mutants. A distinction must be made.

And the only comic mutant I can think of that was retconned to Inhuman is Toro (and honestly, not a big freakin' loss...), which ones are you speaking of?
    Quake wasn't confirmed to be a mutant so her Inhuman heritage wasn't a retcon. Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver aren't Inhumans; so they don't count either.
    Yeah, this was not started with the Inhumans, not even with the Avengers, and it not likely to end even if the Apocalypse movie bombs.