View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Daken's solo series?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE PRINCE #75-77

11 22.92%
  • MY HERO #78-80

1 2.08%
  • A Cautionary Tale #81

1 2.08%
  • GODLIKE #82-84

1 2.08%
  • RECKONING #85-86 [Wolverine crossover]

2 4.17%
  • Idle Hands #87

1 2.08%
  • PUNISHMENT #88-89 [Punisher crossover]

3 6.25%
  • EMPIRE #90/1-3

0 0%
  • EMPIRE: ACT II #4-7

2 4.17%
  • COLLISION #8-9 [X-23 crossover]

24 50.00%
  • BIG BREAK #10-12

0 0%
  • MOONWALK #13-15

1 2.08%
  • PRIDE COMES… #16-19

1 2.08%
  • A Love Story? #20

0 0%
  • LOST WEEKEND #21-23

0 0%
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Drowning has always been one of the few known ways to kill Wolverine.
    Just sucks that it was done in a puddle. Remender just used darken to push wolverines story forward

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    I Strongly agree with you. And I have a renewed sense of the importance of Way & Liu's extraordinary creative intuitions and approaches to writing Daken.

Plus. They say, Daken is an Anti-Villain.

======
    Way: When I set out to create Daken, I wanted him to be a new kind of character -- an anti-villain. I didn’t want his motivations to be simply quantifiable, and I didn’t want his methodology to be predictable by any scale. Eventually, Daken’s ultimate motivation will be revealed but, in the meantime, I think readers are enjoying watching him as he uses a small brush to paint an epic tapestry. You know it’s going to be big, you know it’s going to be terrible to behold… but goddamn, he sure is skilled at his craft.

Liu: That's one of the wonderful things about writing his character, because even the smallest moments become heightened, important. Daken doesn't do anything by chance, and if the unexpected does happen, he finds a way to use it to his advantage. Everything is an opportunity for him.

http://www.newsarama.com/5130-c2e2-d...e-ongoing.html
    I like this. really describes daken

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Daken was dope. Man I really wish he'd have replaced Logan instead of x-23. I agree with the pansexual thing. He was all about control. I felt like he was amazing throughout dark avengers, but then almost ever issue of his solo series I'd open it to him being beaten on or something equally weird (cracked out from heat) I also was appalled when wolverine drowned him, as I thought it had long sense been established regeneration guys don't drown, they kind of torpor, and you have to decapitate them. Just a bunch of oddity in his book. Almost like... like he was written by someone who either didn't understand or intensely dislike the character.
    When daken became wolverine in dark avengers, it was glorious, but seeing him as a hero, I think wouldn't work. Daken works best as an anti villain in my eyes

After issue 9.1 the series went of the rails, Dark wolverine, and Daken dark wolverine up to issue 9.1 are the best daken stories

The last I heard of Daken, he lost his healing factor and one of his arms. Has he been restored?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The last I heard of Daken, he lost his healing factor and one of his arms. Has he been restored?
    I believe that is still up in the air.

BANNED

We don't know yet. However of everyone else drained by Siphon (Laura, Sabretooth, Elixir, Deathstrike):

Laura we know for sure recovered her healing factor at some point after Wolverines. How or when is unclear.

Siphon appeared to have "fixed" Elixir, and allowed him to return to his gold healing form. It hasn't been confirmed yet whether or not his powers work, but the Dark Riders are attacking healers in Uncanny, and he's showing up as one of their targets in issue 2, I think, so it's a safe bet they're working again.

I think Creed has been confirmed to have his healing factor back.

It doesn't make any sense that Siphon would have been able to strip Deathstrike of her healing abilities, as they're NOT natural, but the product of cybernetic technology. She hasn't to my knowledge appeared anywhere else since Wolverines, so we don't know yet if her healing abilities work again.

So we know that at least three of his victims regained their powers, which means it's a safe bet Daken's will likely be restored as well.

All-in-all, I think writers are largely sweeping Wolverines under the rug.

We don't know yet. However of everyone else drained by Siphon (Laura, Sabretooth, Elixir, Deathstrike):

Laura we know for sure recovered her healing factor at some point after Wolverines. How or when is unclear.

Siphon appeared to have "fixed" Elixir, and allowed him to return to his gold healing form. It hasn't been confirmed yet whether or not his powers work, but the Dark Riders are attacking healers in Uncanny, and he's showing up as one of their targets in issue 2, I think, so it's a safe bet they're working again.

I think Creed has been confirmed to have his healing factor back.

It doesn't make any sense that Siphon would have been able to strip Deathstrike of her healing abilities, as they're NOT natural, but the product of cybernetic technology. She hasn't to my knowledge appeared anywhere else since Wolverines, so we don't know yet if her healing abilities work again.

So we know that at least three of his victims regained their powers, which means it's a safe bet Daken's will likely be restored as well.

All-in-all, I think writers are largely sweeping Wolverines under the rug.
    Just hope he gets his arm back and his old look. Id like to see him side by side with x23 in either his daken dark wolverine costume or wolverines brown costume.

Id happily go for a wolverines Vol 2 x23/Daken/OML Written by Liu of course

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Just hope he gets his arm back and his old look. Id like to see him side by side with x23 in either his daken dark wolverine costume or wolverines brown costume.

Id happily go for a wolverines Vol 2 x23/Daken/OML Written by Liu of course
    Those three all definitely need to meet at SOME point in ANAD.. I always thought it was a TREMENDOUS missed opportunity that we never got Daken, X, and Wolverine to all appear together in a book while Logan was still alive. That could have been an EPIC team-up.

Thanks for the response and I would also like the Laura/Daken/OML team up at least once.

Also what's up with the weird transformation that happened under Remender's UA? Did that stick or get sucked along with everything else?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Also what's up with the weird transformation that happened under Remender's UA? Did that stick or get sucked along with everything else?
    As far as I'm aware it's been swept under the rug, THANK GOD. Daken is free of Remender. And YES, Laura/Daken need to team up. Daken would be a great ally to her (and almost the only person he would help)
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

I missed this the first time I read it:

DakenCry.jpg

Daken is actually CRYING.

I just read Old Man Logan #1. (imo: As a person, I felt that: A purge/purification is a degeneration/ideal way to fix a problem conveniently. no more and no less. "abandoning striving", and then "killing of each own spontaneity & its future". It's just a brain & emotion freeze, and satisfaction by a man who knows His own future. the stagnation and downfall as humanity always begins with such easy, safer choices. But....)

If "righteous/noble" behaviour on Marvel comics is this killing, then the Winter Soldier, too, should be killed by Daken with the same "righteous" fury.

Winter Soldier may had been under mind control, but Daken's mother was a pregnant woman with the last month of pregnancy, Daken was the unborn baby who was bound to his mother by a tie of umbilical cord. He was just an absolute INNOCENT baby.

(When Professor X invaded Daken's privacy, he had seen so much evidence of the trauma and other childhood abuses. And he said, "Even in your father's mind, I've never seen so much psychic scar tissue." or "Daken was the only one who was actually there when his mother was murdered.")

Her husband/his father was not there unfortunately nor was virtually trying to take his revenge of Asian wife's death and its mongrel boy on Winter Soldier after all. (just like He didn't blame anything to UXF's Sabretooth. )

If Marvel office and writers really face up to Daken himself and Daken's downfall(May 2011-. Especially, Aaron, Remender, and Soule), and also turn fair eyes on Daken, then I feel strongly that Daken also needs his own Gritty Revenge, by his own heart and hands, just as Old Man Logan is.

(imo: I feel it necessary to explore Daken's deadly revenge & its literal salvation with the life-affirming value onto his yet-unnamed-heart. And his true growth with Frank Miller's spirit and its first step of the next level more than father's.)

However. Daken's case is equally heavy and difficult as his father's, and also will meet more deadly, more tricky, and more bloody struggle.

I believe deeply in Daken as a treasure/diamond in Marvel comic.

25.jpg

I missed this the first time I read it:

DakenCry.jpg

Daken is actually CRYING.
    14.jpg
    I really miss him so much.....
    I'd love to read 3 solo title series tie-in again! :Old Man Logan, New Wolverine and Daken: Dark Wolverine!
    Last edited by soyokaze; 02-14-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Any news on our beloved Daken? I assume he's not appeared since the giant reshuffle?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Any news on our beloved Daken? I assume he's not appeared since the giant reshuffle?
    I don't even think there's been a mention. A little disappointing, I'd say somethings in the works, but I just don't think there's much room for daken with the current line up. X 23, old man Logan, sabertooth....I do t see where daken can fit. Just not a fan of the wolverine corner of the universe ATM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    I don't even think there's been a mention. A little disappointing, I'd say somethings in the works, but I just don't think there's much room for daken with the current line up. X 23, old man Logan, sabertooth....I do t see where daken can fit. Just not a fan of the wolverine corner of the universe ATM.
    Taylor has hinted Daken will likely be turning up at SOME point in ANW, though nothing has been outright confirmed.