View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Daken's solo series?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE PRINCE #75-77

11 22.92%
  • MY HERO #78-80

1 2.08%
  • A Cautionary Tale #81

1 2.08%
  • GODLIKE #82-84

1 2.08%
  • RECKONING #85-86 [Wolverine crossover]

2 4.17%
  • Idle Hands #87

1 2.08%
  • PUNISHMENT #88-89 [Punisher crossover]

3 6.25%
  • EMPIRE #90/1-3

0 0%
  • EMPIRE: ACT II #4-7

2 4.17%
  • COLLISION #8-9 [X-23 crossover]

24 50.00%
  • BIG BREAK #10-12

0 0%
  • MOONWALK #13-15

1 2.08%
  • PRIDE COMES… #16-19

1 2.08%
  • A Love Story? #20

0 0%
  • LOST WEEKEND #21-23

0 0%
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

This Japanese cosplayer dressed as white suited Daken from Iceman #4 at Tokyo Comic Con

Here we go again. He may let killed off again.

HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: CLAWS OF A KILLER #4 (of 4)
    MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • BUTCH GUICE (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY GEOFF SHAW
    WILL TIME RUN OUT?
    The clock is ticking as Sabretooth, Daken and Deathstrike slice their way through the leagues of the undead in search of Logan.They won’t all make it out alive.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Here we go again. He may let killed off again.

HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: CLAWS OF A KILLER #4 (of 4)
    MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • BUTCH GUICE (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY GEOFF SHAW
    WILL TIME RUN OUT?
    The clock is ticking as Sabretooth, Daken and Deathstrike slice their way through the leagues of the undead in search of Logan.They won’t all make it out alive.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    I'm gonna be so pissed if Creed & Yuriko make it out and they kill Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm gonna be so pissed if Creed & Yuriko make it out and they kill Daken.
    To be killed in a book where they chose to ignore all his of character development. Ugh. Considering Creed is still in the Weapon X book, if not him, hopefully Yuriko.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think the Hunt for Wolverine series really ignores his character development. He's not exactly enthusiastic about killing Logan and even sulks in the car. He only leaves said car to find more alcohol so he could keep drinking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    To be killed in a book where they chose to ignore all his of character development. Ugh. Considering Creed is still in the Weapon X book, if not him, hopefully Yuriko.
    I know. Daken is my favorite of the Wolverine family (Laura is a close second) and I liked that he was on a path to redemption, but a number of titles have shied away from that narrative and kept him around as an antagonist. Looks like Creed + Yuriko are both remaining with Weapon X, which leaves only Daken as a casualty. Ugh.

Why is a death even necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This Japanese cosplayer dressed as white suited Daken from Iceman #4 at Tokyo Comic Con
    Best Daken cos-play to date, in my opinion. Hope to see more like this when I head up to New York for NYCC later this year.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Why is a death even necessary?
    It's fun to hurt Daken.

I remember when he first showed up in comics and one of the more prevalent complaints about him was that he was just too "cool" and too much of a Villain Sue. Part of the fun of Rob William's run was seeing Daken utterly and completely fail. That was also part of the fun of Remender's work.

Heck, even in Taylor's All New Wolverine there was a sort of glee to just seeing Daken get really hurt every issue.

Death makes him completely unusable though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Death makes him completely unusable though.
    It didn't make him unusable the last two times they did.

Ya but he still wasn't used while dead and him coming back has been told before. I just don't see why anyone needs to die in this peripheral mini setting up a major character's return. Killing Daken is just a dead end for the character since he can't be used when he's dead or he'll come back in a retread story.

Amazing Member

I think the clue is in the description. "Armies of undead... not everyone will make it out alive." Somebody going to become undead? If this is the case, Sabertooth's blacked out image on the cover of weapon X is different than his current design... Maybe he ends up looking different because he is undead but because he is feral to begin with, he doesn't have much trouble controlling himself as undead?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AGreySummer View Post
    I think the clue is in the description. "Armies of undead... not everyone will make it out alive." Somebody going to become undead? If this is the case, Sabertooth's blacked out image on the cover of weapon X is different than his current design... Maybe he ends up looking different because he is undead but because he is feral to begin with, he doesn't have much trouble controlling himself as undead?
    Sabretooth is still being drawn in his X-Men costume with short hair on the covers. Cover designs mean nothing. lol

I hope the solicitation is a misleading fake-out like it seems the stuff with Rictor in New Mutants is (funny enough, another queer man of colour).