View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Daken's solo series?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE PRINCE #75-77

11 22.92%
  • MY HERO #78-80

1 2.08%
  • A Cautionary Tale #81

1 2.08%
  • GODLIKE #82-84

1 2.08%
  • RECKONING #85-86 [Wolverine crossover]

2 4.17%
  • Idle Hands #87

1 2.08%
  • PUNISHMENT #88-89 [Punisher crossover]

3 6.25%
  • EMPIRE #90/1-3

0 0%
  • EMPIRE: ACT II #4-7

2 4.17%
  • COLLISION #8-9 [X-23 crossover]

24 50.00%
  • BIG BREAK #10-12

0 0%
  • MOONWALK #13-15

1 2.08%
  • PRIDE COMES… #16-19

1 2.08%
  • A Love Story? #20

0 0%
  • LOST WEEKEND #21-23

0 0%
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I'm hoping the mini at least shows how the villains deal with the "death" of Wolverine. As opposed to just being happy about it. Characters like Sabertooth and Mystique built their personalites around hating Wolverine. Without having much of a life of any kind Not having him to hate who to they have left. Having them written as hating the X-men is too easy imo. They already do on general principles. Should be interesting to see if it makes them look at their themselves and their lives in a new way. I'm expecting Laura to be the only one out for revenge against what happened to Wolverine. Daken too but only because someone else killed off Wolverine and was given no closure. As well as the already mentioned daddy issues. Lady Deathstrike might be the only wild card. She hated Wolverine yet not as much as Mystique and Sabertooth.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

I disagree that Sabretooth's whole personality is built around hating Wolverine. Creed has goals and motivations beyond just making Logan's life miserable (contrast Kimura, who is VERY much a one-trick pony with her single-minded focus on Laura, and why she's just not nearly as interesting or memorable a villain). I don't think he's going to be all THAT lost with Logan's death, he's got enough other schemes running to keep him busy. And if he DOES want a new foil to torture, I could see him easily transferring his attention to Laura or Daken (the latter could possibly even push Daken closer to the anti-hero side of the line).

I'm sure Mystique will be just fine without Logan around, too. She has no end of people to troll and schemes to run in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree that Sabretooth's whole personality is built around hating Wolverine. Creed has goals and motivations beyond just making Logan's life miserable (contrast Kimura, who is VERY much a one-trick pony with her single-minded focus on Laura, and why she's just not nearly as interesting or memorable a villain). I don't think he's going to be all THAT lost with Logan's death, he's got enough other schemes running to keep him busy. And if he DOES want a new foil to torture, I could see him easily transferring his attention to Laura or Daken (the latter could possibly even push Daken closer to the anti-hero side of the line).

I'm sure Mystique will be just fine without Logan around, too. She has no end of people to troll and schemes to run in his place.
    I'm not saying your wrong. A big part of their personalites does seem to revolve around Logan imo. Yet more often than not both Sabertooth and Mystique seem to do nothing but troll the X-men and Wolverine in particular. They may have other plots and plans. Hopefully we do see what they are. Sabertooth unlike Mystique seems to have more of a one track mind imo. In Wolverine # 10 he has a device to alter reality and the only thing he seems to be interested in is creating a reality where only the strong mindless and savage survive. Written the way he was before they made him more intelligent and smart. I do agree that he would focus on Laura or Daken without Logan around. That being said in the same issue of Wolverine he pretty much admits to Mystique he does not care about mutants. So she might turn against him. Right now beyond sex she has no reason for staying with Creed. It would be interesting to see if your theory about Creed attacking Daken is correct and that it makes him want to be a anti-hero.

Fantastic Member

Interesting to get a confirmation of sorts that Daken will survive the Apocalypse Twins fracas, and with some luck he'll even get to revert back to his original state as fellow Deaths like Gambit and Archangel have done before. Though rather surprisingly Blueberry Wolverine looks pretty cool to me, at least out of the Horsemen of Death. With Remender not writing Daken's "Legacy" story hopefully his portrayal there will be more nuanced and keep some of his Daken: Dark Wolverine portrayal in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    Interesting to get a confirmation of sorts that Daken will survive the Apocalypse Twins fracas, and with some luck he'll even get to revert back to his original state as fellow Deaths like Gambit and Archangel have done before. Though rather surprisingly Blueberry Wolverine looks pretty cool to me, at least out of the Horsemen of Death. With Remender not writing Daken's "Legacy" story hopefully his portrayal there will be more nuanced and keep some of his Daken: Dark Wolverine portrayal in mind.
    The real question is....who's book is he going to? What is Daken's agenda? Will it be the same from before, or something new? If Daken does go to another book...I can only hope it's not any of Bendis books. Thinking about it now - what book could Daken be in?

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    The real question is....who's book is he going to? What is Daken's agenda? Will it be the same from before, or something new? If Daken does go to another book...I can only hope it's not any of Bendis books. Thinking about it now - what book could Daken be in?
    If they do send daken into a team, everywhere he goes is going to be a big risk.
    Look at the choices.
    X force
    X factor
    New warriors
    Thunderbolts
    All have bad sales numbers and would really do nothing for daken.

All new x men
    Uncanny x men
    Uncanny avengers
    Avengers
    And new avengers
    Wolverine and the x men

I can only really see him in uncannY x men.

I would much prefer he gets his own path in a solo or with x 23. Help develop his character a little.
    Or he could join magnetos acolytes. That would be pretty bad ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    I would much prefer he gets his own path in a solo or with x 23. Help develop his character a little.
    Anything that brings him into contact with Laura would be a huge bonus. Can't say enough how much I loved the way they played off each other in Collision.

I
    Agreed on any and all. I would like to see how both deal with each other. Both are more similar yet also very different. One of Mags acolytes would also be be great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Anything that brings him into contact with Laura would be a huge bonus. Can't say enough how much I loved the way they played off each other in Collision.
    I just don't see Bendis letting go of Laura anytime soon....can't wait until the all new x men vanish out of time. I feel like they are consuming the x books at the moment.

I just don't see Bendis letting go of Laura anytime soon....can't wait until the all new x men vanish out of time. I feel like they are consuming the x books at the moment.
    Your right. Though one can wish right.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Your right. Though one can wish right.
    There's one thing I do wish for. Daken v bucky

Oh god yes, I WANT/NEED that story to happen. It's THE major Daken story still waiting to be told. Throw Zemo in the mix too, that would be sinfully fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not only is Daken back but he's getting a one-shot written by Ray Fawkes in the Death of Wolverine: the Logan legacy miniseries. The bad news, he's still in his horseman of the apocalypse look from Uncanny Avengers.

Attachment 5728
    I must say, for all the badness of Uncanny Avengers, I love the look.
    And hey, he's got a power-up, that's always good.

To be honest while I would like to see it. I do think Bucky should beat Daken. Somewhat easily. Bucky unlike Daken has more experience. As well Daken ego sometimes gets the better of him and makes him do stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I must say, for all the badness of Uncanny Avengers, I love the look.
    And hey, he's got a power-up, that's always good.
    I don't love the blue, or the lack of mohawk. For me, Daken is best in Wolverine's orange/tan, or in slightly flamboyant scarfs and jeans... or wearing Johnny's FF top . Maybe the design of his current outfit, but in tan/orange? I'd need to see him blue skin topless, to see if the tattoos and mohawk still look cool with that skin tone.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    To be honest while I would like to see it. I do think Bucky should beat Daken. Somewhat easily. Bucky unlike Daken has more experience. As well Daken ego sometimes gets the better of him and makes him do stupid things.
    Really? You do know Daken killed Punisher, right? (something many have tried to do and ONLY Daken has accomplished). He's a lot more dangerous than you give him credit for.