Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Obi-Wan and Anakin, #1

Charles Soule and Marco Checchetto have a good handle on characterization in "Obi-Wan and Anakin" #1, but the setting and circumstance don't pack the same punch.

Full review here.

Amazing Member

steeeeeam punnnnnk starrrr warrrrrs

I honestly loved this issue. The dialogue between Anakin and Obi-Wan about the Jedi, the system and the reason why the civilization was destroyed was something that I really liked. The conversation between Windu and Palpatine also showed that he certainly wants to influence young Skywalker and uses his position to do that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Thought is was just ok. Really liked the flashback to Anakin showing off in front of the others and overreacting to people criticizing him. They should have shown more of that in Ep II.

To be honest, I didn't understand the first 2 pages of the issue. Didn't get what ship was crashing, why it was crashing, and who said "skygift"?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Pretty underwhelming. Flash back was decent enough art was great but man what has happened to Soule hasn't been the same since he signed the exclusive, anyway since its only 5 issues might aswell stick around.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.