View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #12

1 4.17%
  • Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death #3

0 0%
  • Faster Than Light #4

0 0%
  • Head Lopper #2

2 8.33%
  • Limbo #2

1 4.17%
  • Monstress #2

8 33.33%
  • No Mercy #5

1 4.17%
  • Saints #3

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #10

7 29.17%
  • Symmetry #1

0 0%
  • Trees #13

0 0%
  • The Violent #1

2 8.33%
  • The Walking Dead #149

2 8.33%
  • We Stand On Guard #6 (of 6)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A small week for me Image-wise with just Birthright & Trees on my pull so I picked up The Violent #1. Also on my pull were the always excellent Rebels & Harrow County from Dark Horse & The Twilight Children from Vertigo so it's still a decent week.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Bullets.

tried Monstress first issue, found it too hard to get through. glad issue two costs less, but just not for me, I guess.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I'm reading all the B-list Image releases today, and so far they have all been A-list quality reads.

Symmetry #1 was great, and I picked it up on the premise of "a sci-fi from the guy who writes my new favorite crime comic Postal". It was so cool, I was not expecting much, but wow. I've read some apocalypse tales, but I love the premise of the apocalypse hitting a real world utopia where world peace has finally been achieved. This is going to be a wild book, I am so down for the ride on this one. Really impressive debut.

Limbo #2 was awesome. The art is better than the writing, but the writing is pretty wild, too.

Monstress #2 was a decent follow up, but acked all the gratuitous nudity that made #1 so good. What, you say that wasn't why you guys liked #1? Okay, well if you read it for the beautiful art and exciting story, it keeps up the quality. I'm really digging this book so far.

I've got a few more to read, I'll post again later or just edit this post with opinions of The Violent and Birthright.
    Also, shout out to my favorite indie book of the week, GIANT DAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post

Monstress #2 was a decent follow up, but acked all the gratuitous nudity that made #1 so good. What, you say that wasn't why you guys liked #1? Okay, well if you read it for the beautiful art and exciting story, it keeps up the quality. I'm really digging this book so far.
    I love this book so far. It's definitely not a lemme half ass read this quick kinda book. Granted the first issue was oversized, but I feel like we're on issue 6 already with the amount of information we've received. The world building has been fantastic, and I'm really digging a few characters already. And the art, oh man the art. Just an awesome new series.

Birthright & Trees were both good but The Violent got my vote, a decent enough first issue but I'm most excited about the Stray Bullets, Criminal type of storytelling format this book has planned.
    Last edited by rac shade; 12-15-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Didn't really read much beyond Head Lopper this week, so that got the default vote. It was good, but I secretly wish this was running in something like Dark Horse Presents or maybe Island Magazine. Honestly though I've spent a lot more time this week playing the videogame Faster Than Light (not related to the comic of the same name, as far as I know).

The big contest this week was between Walking Dead and Stray Bullets. SB won. I thought this arc was just a prequel we didn;t even need, but this one added levels and levels of new info that makes the whole first arc from decades back read in a completely new light.
    Does SB #10 wrap up the current arc? Is this the end of Sunshine and Roses or is that continuing? (I like to try and read full arcs at a time if I can, is the reason for my questions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Does SB #10 wrap up the current arc? Is this the end of Sunshine and Roses or is that continuing? (I like to try and read full arcs at a time if I can, is the reason for my questions.)
    Still going, it ended with an ad for SB: S&R #11.

Still going, it ended with an ad for SB: S&R #11.
    Cool, thanks!