Super Moderator

Default Alexander Skarsgard is 'No Normal Man' in First "Legend of Tarzan" Trailer

Warner Bros. has unveiled the first full trailer for David Yates' take on Edgar Rice Burroughs' king of the jungle, also starring Margot Robbie.

Full article here.

BANNED

Damn, Margot Robbie's been busy. Goven his love for cheesy genre movies, I Imagine Samuel L. Jackson was practically giddy at the prospect of appearing in a Tarzan movie.

Looks like fun, aside from all the CGI Tarzan - this is a character that cries out from great, practical stunts!

Cant wait to see this, the Apes look like Flash TV CGI but otherwise everything else looks good, Hounsou looks badass in those scenes he's in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Cant wait to see this, the Apes look like Flash TV CGI but otherwise everything else looks good, Hounsou looks badass in those scenes he's in.
    I'm sure the apes will look better by the next trailer, and surely by the time the actual movie comes out. All the CGI on display in this trailer looks pretty unfinished...which is something studios should really stop putting in trailers mean to sell people on their movies.

As of fan of Burroughs' original books, the trailer has me hopeful that a Burroughsian Tarzan may finally make it to the big screen. This first WB trailer is definitely better than Disney's entire "John Carter" promotion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Damn, Margot Robbie's been busy. Goven his love for cheesy genre movies, I Imagine Samuel L. Jackson was practically giddy at the prospect of appearing in a Tarzan movie.
    SLJ is probably giddy about his paycheck.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With the insane budget this film has it had better hit big its first week or it is going to be a John Carter level disaster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With the insane budget this film has it had better hit big its first week or it is going to be a John Carter level disaster.
    Well, they are selling it as: From The Guy That Made Half Of the Harry Potter Movies. For some strange reason Disney didn't seem to want to tell people John Carter was made by the guy that did those WALL·E and Finding Nemo movies they probably saw. And also, people know Tarzan.

Being excited for this film, I decided to watch "Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes" for the first time. Up until the hunting party arrived in the jungle I felt like I was actually watching the first Tarzan novel. Although "The Legend of Tarzan" is not based on any specific Burroughs story, I am hoping this film gives me that feeling also. ("Greystoke" went rather un-Burroughsian when we reached civilization, I hope this film doesn't go that route.)