Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Claw of Justice!

Default Lobster Johnson: The Forgotten Man

Lobster-Johnson-The-Forgotten-Man.jpg

This comes out on March 30! Here's the description: Mike Mignola (W), John Arcudi (W), Peter Snejbjerg (A), Dave Stewart (C), and Tonci Zonjic (Cover)

After a transient goes missing, Lobster Johnson is called in to investigate a priest who practices more than just religion. What he’s got cooking in his stew pot is nothing compared to what he has hiding in the sewers below . . .

• Action-packed one-shot—perfect for new readers!

On sale Mar 30

Looks like the sewer cannibals will be important in this issue. I'm sure looking forward to this!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I love that the Lobster's symbol is illuminated.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I love that the Lobster's symbol is illuminated.
    That really is a great cover.

And it's only a three-month wait for a new Lobster Johnson!
    (Three months may seem like a lot, but it's better than the nearly one year break between Get the Lobster #5 and A Chain Forged in Life or the five month break between Chain and The Glass Mantis due out later this month.)

Amazing Member

Yay, a new Lobster! Oh wait, another one shot. I'll admit, I'm really getting tired of all those fillers, not just in Lobster but also in B.P.R.D. I love the longer arcs, especially the ones by Tonci Zonjic. The Iron Prometheus, The burning Hand, Scent of a Locus and Get the lobster are all wonderful. But I find all the fillers really hinder those wonderful series. The art gets so inconsistent sometimes. Good, but way too all over the map for me. I've always prefered one vision on a series, it makes it feel more coherent. I do wonder when the next big arc for the Lobster will be, though! I really hope Tonci Zonjic gets to stay till the end for the Lobster.

Edit: Just saw Tonci Zonjic's cover, wow it is incredible! :O
    Last edited by fred25_ca; 12-10-2015 at 04:35 PM.

I like the one shots of LoJo more than the longer arcs, personally.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by fred25_ca View Post
    Yay, a new Lobster! Oh wait, another one shot. I'll admit, I'm really getting tired of all those fillers, not just in Lobster but also in B.P.R.D. I love the longer arcs, especially the ones by Tonci Zonjic. The Iron Prometheus, The burning Hand, Scent of a Locus and Get the lobster are all wonderful. But I find all the fillers really hinder those wonderful series. The art gets so inconsistent sometimes. Good, but way too all over the map for me. I've always prefered one vision on a series, it makes it feel more coherent. I do wonder when the next big arc for the Lobster will be, though! I really hope Tonci Zonjic gets to stay till the end for the Lobster.

Edit: Just saw Tonci Zonjic's cover, wow it is incredible! :O
    I enjoy the Tonci Zonjic issues more than any other comic out there, but I really like the one-shots too. I'm really looking forward to Peter Snejbjerg's take on the Lobster! A while back (2012, I think), he and Tonci Zonjic did a panel together at a comic convention in Germany. The video of it was interesting.

Amazing Member

Oh I really enjoyed Peter Snejbjerg's art on wasteland (wasn't that him?) so I'm still intrigued by this one shot. I enjoy them but I guess I'm just getting impatient for the next main series by Tonci Zonjic. How many more series will we get till we reach the Iron prometheus (1937)? Its usually one main series per year and weren't we at 1934 last time? I can't remember. Anyway, if Tonci Zonjic stays on the book we could get up to 4 or 5 more mini series by him till they wrap up the Lobster series.

Btw, isn't that Dox Savage in your icon? Because of the Lobster i'm into a pulp obsession these days and I just read the first few The Shadow stories and really enjoyed them and next up for me is the first Doc Savage book!

That's what I love about Mignola. His stories are so good it makes me want to discover more about what inspired him. After reading Hellboy in Mexico, i watched around 10 Santo movies and had a blast. :P

The Claw of Justice!

Oh I really enjoyed Peter Snejbjerg's art on wasteland (wasn't that him?) so I'm still intrigued by this one shot. I enjoy them but I guess I'm just getting impatient for the next main series by Tonci Zonjic. How many more series will we get till we reach the Iron prometheus (1937)? Its usually one main series per year and weren't we at 1934 last time? I can't remember. Anyway, if Tonci Zonjic stays on the book we could get up to 4 or 5 more mini series by him till they wrap up the Lobster series.
    I think Laurence Campbell did Wasteland and Peter Snejbjerg did the 3-issue Johann arc this past year. I understand what you mean about waiting - the almost year long wait between Get the Lobster and A Chain Forged in Life was tough. I hope we have a while before the Lobster series wraps up completely.
    Btw, isn't that Dox Savage in your icon? Because of the Lobster i'm into a pulp obsession these days and I just read the first few The Shadow stories and really enjoyed them and next up for me is the first Doc Savage book!
    My avatar is Jake Ellis, from Tonci's other book (Who is Jake Ellis and Where is Jake Ellis). I hadn't noticed the resemblance between him and Doc Savage before.

Back when I first started reading Lobster Johnson I read a ton of pulp comics. I don't read as many of them as I used to, but that's what got me started reading books like The Shadow. Hope you enjoy Doc Savage!

The Claw of Justice!

Here's a panel tweeted by Peter Snejbjerg.
    CdAwrv3WIAA_gGh.jpg
    Looks great! Really looking forward to this. 21 days until this is out...

those faces look great.

The Claw of Justice!

Not exactly news about this issue, but it is Lobster Johnson related. James Harren posted this fantastic commission of Captain America and the Lobster teaming up:
    CdP5hfIUkAA6fxe.jpg-large.jpg
    Isn't that great? I hope he draws an issue of Lobster Johnson some day.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Not exactly news about this issue, but it is Lobster Johnson related. James Harren posted this fantastic commission of Captain America and the Lobster teaming up:
    CdP5hfIUkAA6fxe.jpg-large.jpg
    Isn't that great? I hope he draws an issue of Lobster Johnson some day.
    His style would work perfect for the Lobster...and Lobster and Cap? I'd buy ten of that issue!

When did this get bumped from March 30th to April 6th?
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/27-...-Forgotten-Man

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When did this get bumped from March 30th to April 6th?
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/27-...-Forgotten-Man
    What!? Nooooooo....