Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Have I missed something? Isn't Miles Teller like the least frat boyish young actor imaginable?
    Naw, he's pretty frat boy-ish. Not like lead jock frat boy, more like "...my Dad owns this dealership..." frat boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Yup, yup.
    I have no idea if the flick will good or not...guess I will keep an open mind and wait for the film to actually be made.
    He's an odd choice for actor. He only casually visually resembles the Reed from Ultimate, but he's never done anything like that character. He's never played smart, or nerdy for that matter. It's a more left field choice perhaps than even Michael B. Jordan in many ways.

Will i go and see it: No
    Is it because Michael B Jorden is playing Human Torch: No
    Does this seem like the FF: No
    Why: Because for as long as i have been reading FF Johnny and Sue could have passed as twins, this film not so much. It also doesn't help when one of your leader actors says and i quote.
    “They’re still going to see it anyway.”
    When someone says something like this to me it’s arrogant and my first thought is to flip him the bird and not go and see it, i haven't heard anything to suggest changing my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Can someone explain what about the Johnny/Sue dynamic which requires them to be biological siblings instead of adopted? The only thing is the similarity in appearance, which has almost zero impact on the quality of the movie. Johnny and Sue don't need to be blonde to work as characters.
    Yeah they do because the dyanmic doesn't work otherwise as afar as i'm concerned the story is their mother dead and their father left so Sue had to raise Johnny on her own. The fantastic Four has always been that family unit that stared with the biological link between Johnny and Sue.

Watchmen is a good example as to why keeping with the source material is a very bad idea. The film was absolutely terrible, save for some good performances and scenes. Because it worked in a comic does not mean it will work on screen.
    And sometimes if its not broke don't try and fix it

It really doesn't matter if the new FF isn't faithful to the comics because 99% of the audience hasn't read the comics and won't care. What really matters if it's actually good.
    I think you underestimate how many comic book fans would have gone to see the movie,i'm very sure that its more than 1 EFF per cent.

Eh, they're pretty faithful adaptations of Batman comics save for some stylistic and tone changes.
    Like i said if it aint broke don't try and fix it.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    There's literally nothing about this project that sounds exciting or respectful to the comic series. This poor amazing comic will continue to be shat on for the rest of eternity.

exciting stuff:
    - the casting
    - the unpredictable nature of them using some of the Ultimate Universe content

faithful stuff:
    - reed, sue, ben, and johnny are the FF
    - doom is in it
    - moleman's their first villain

BANNED

I know a lot of people hated the previous FF films, but I dug them. Best casting was Evans and Chiklis, easily. They were just fun popcorn films.
    If this reboot can keep that sense of fun and family, it will be worth me buying a ticket.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I know a lot of people hated the previous FF films, but I dug them. Best casting was Evans and Chiklis, easily. They were just fun popcorn films.
    If this reboot can keep that sense of fun and family, it will be worth me buying a ticket.
    Yup. Flawed as they were they were the kind of movie I could watch on a boring day. Evans and Chiklis was the icing on the cake

Amazing Member

Yes, I will.

Incredible Member

Probably not. From what little we know it sounds bad. Didn't see CATWOMAN,STEEL or others that sounded or looked bad either. Of,course,as another pointed out,we haven't seen anything yet. Waiting for,at least,a trailer.

Spectacular Member

Its a superhero movie based on comic-books, of course I'm seeing it.

Can someone explain what about the Johnny/Sue dynamic which requires them to be biological siblings instead of adopted? The only thing is the similarity in appearance, which has almost zero impact on the quality of the movie. Johnny and Sue don't need to be blonde to work as characters.
    As I have already said, I don't care if they want to switch around the races of the characters. It just seems kinda strange that they would make the choice to only change one of them, and it kinda makes me wonder about the people coming up with the concept of the movie in general.

Again, both characters black? Great, I don't care. It just seems strange to me to decide to do it this way.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

I have no interest seeing the film because it seems to eschew all the stuff I like about the FF. When I think the FF I think this expansive, crazy series of Jack Kirby adventure stories with them traveling to other worlds and planes of existence while encountering characters even more wild and colorful then themselves. A serious, down-to-Earth FF origin story? Ugh.

Jordan should make a good Torch, though. He's pretty much the sole promising cast member. Reed and Ben make my head hurt.

BANNED

As long as they keep giving me super heroes flying, swinging and running across the screen, I'll keep watching...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post

Yeah they do because the dyanmic doesn't work otherwise as afar as i'm concerned the story is their mother dead and their father left so Sue had to raise Johnny on her own. The fantastic Four has always been that family unit that stared with the biological link between Johnny and Sue.

how does that dynamic not work if either one is adopted or part of a blended family?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I have no interest seeing the film because it seems to eschew all the stuff I like about the FF. When I think the FF I think this expansive, crazy series of Jack Kirby adventure stories with them traveling to other worlds and planes of existence while encountering characters even more wild and colorful then themselves. A serious, down-to-Earth FF origin story? Ugh.
    you might want to read the first issue of FF again. that other stuff you mentioned came after the origin; which the movie is retelling. it being "grounded" now doesn't mean they aren't going to get real weird with it, later. Mole Man's already part of the mix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    As I have already said, I don't care if they want to switch around the races of the characters. It just seems kinda strange that they would make the choice to only change one of them, and it kinda makes me wonder about the people coming up with the concept of the movie in general.

Again, both characters black? Great, I don't care. It just seems strange to me to decide to do it this way.
    but it's not weird. there's nothing weird about a blended and/or multi-ethnic family.