Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I'm glad for your friends little brother but at the end of the day he is still very likely going to want closure, why was he given up. This can cause a lot of self estem issues in these kids and from one that suffers form them let me tell you it aint fun, i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    Wow...... to be so amazingly wrong. Seriously are you straight out of the 1950's? Your opinion can and is wrong on pretty much every level of this, and to try and keep defending it just makes you look more and more ignorant with each post. If you don't know what your talking about just quite talking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    Will you be seeing the Fantastic Four reboot? Yes or no, there is no try. You can state your reasoning, but let's not hate on each other's answers.

I will not be seeing it, although I am fond enough of the FF to have seen their 1st two movies in theatres. My reasoning is the obvious one. I'll compare this against two other major character changes in Marvel movies: Michael Clarke Duncan did not bother me as Kingpin. Samuel L. Jackson bothered me a little as Nick Fury, but not enough to make me consider not seeing movies in which this scenario is present.

Yes, Michael B. Jordan destroys my interest in FF. Why is this scenario different than the previous two? You could probably guess this, but it has to do with how strongly I feel for the character. Kingpin is a villain, so he doesn't get as much screen time as the heroes. Even then only for a few is he a serious antagonist. Fury is head of S.H.I.E.L.D. and featured in a broad range of scenarios in the comics and even a playable character in 'The Punisher' arcade game. Still, not a major, major character.

For my entire life, multiple decades, the Human Torch has been presented exactly the same way. That means a starring role in thousands of panels inside hundreds of comic books, video games, cartoons, live-action movies. Always the same. Michael B. Jordan will never be the Human Torch that I've known my entire life. I won't enjoy a movie starring a fake character in one of the main roles when the sole purpose of movies for me is seeing the comics I've known my whole life become real.

I saw Avatar and all the people were blue. It didn't bother me. Because I'd never seen an Avatar person before that. Now, if the Avatar people are green in Avatar 2, I probably won't see it. And if the non-human characters were changed from apes to panda bears in the next 'Planet of the Apes' movie, you probably wouldn't be too interested in that one, either.
    Nope. Don't care for the cast. Don't care for the director. Plus the most recent article saying that it will have a found footage feel a la Chronicle is definitely not helping to increase my interest.

I believe Fox will finally kill this franchise with this reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Wow...... to be so amazingly wrong. Seriously are you straight out of the 1950's? Your opinion can and is wrong on pretty much every level of this, and to try and keep defending it just makes you look more and more ignorant with each post. If you don't know what your talking about just quite talking.
    I don't think either you, VolcanikTiger86, or Alvarez are RIGHT or WRONG on this adoption debate, even if some things here and there may not be correct, for the most part, or in all cases.

So no, I won't call them wrong, Zero Hunter, at all, but you all of course, have the right to disagree with each other.

But, I don't know from experience myself, and am happy enough myself the way things are with me. If an individual, or individual, has had a positive experience with adoptive parents, then that's great. Blood parents: great.

If they do want to know birth parents, and are allowed, legally, to do so, then wonderful.

If they don't, then even if I might be a bit unhappy with that, long as the adoptive parent or parents are doing a good job, even if they're not always happy, then that's very good.

But, to me, those are blanket and uneasy, or unprovable, to prove, statements. You all have the right to your opinions, to feel and express them, and to disagree with each other. But, I don't think that you are right to say that some is completely, wrong.

As an opinion, it can't really be said to be false, or completely untrue, or wrong, as it is how they think, or feel.

So, if Alvarez, or VolcanikTiger86, or anyone, want to continue on this, it's their right, and all power to them.

I'm not sure how it, in completeness, connects to The Fantastic Four, but I can understand where it comes from.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I don't get this reason. I mean I love the superhero films also but I don't go and see crappy or potentially crappy films based on the superhero genre.
    What crappy or potentially crappy superhero movies have you skipped out on?

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    smdh

having an opinion doesn't stop you from being wrong. not every opinion is valid.
    Actually to the person it is, you can't have freedom of speech and then class something as wrong without valid reason to change it, bottom line i have acknowledge everything that has been said to me without name calling and in as respectful a manner as possible, to the best of my knowledge not once have I tried to destroy the person’s opinion or change it I have just said what I believe can happen.

as for ignorance, you've shown it when discussing adoption. don't care about how you feel about the changes in this movie, but if you're going to bring up things that are factually wrong and pure conjecture, people are going to call you on it.
    I'm happy to be called on things that are wrong but I’m not wrong in a lot of what I have said. When someone is adopted they aren’t blood related to their new siblings that’s not a view it’s a proven fact, I have used words like can, likely to illustrate my point about this one topic which means i have acknowledge that another option can happen, to take one view and say every adoption is happy and blood doesn't count at all is naive, not every adoption is happy and not every family bore of blood is happy either this is also well known, i would strongly suggest reading posts before bashing them if you wish to discuss a certain point that is unclear then I will be more than happy to clarify.

edit: while intraracial blended families are more common than interracial, as a whole blended families are far from being extremely rare. a blended family is simply a union between two adults that have children from previous relationships
    Sorry maybe I should have expanded on that, I wasn’t talking of half siblings what I was talking about is a black/black couple having a white child or a white/white couple having a black child. In earlier posts I thought that this wasn’t possible I have since looked into and found that it can happen but doesn’t happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Are you an expert because you don’t even give me a reason it’s just your wrong, seems like you’re trying to be a dictator btw not a fan of those. I’m actually a 90’s child myself but I have always been brutally honest, I don’t suger coat things, in most cases I have my opinon like it or lump it but I would advise you don’t try to force it to change cause it won’t happen.
    I have stated my opinion on several things in this forum the most important ones that are relevant to the topic is the following,
    wither I will be going to see the fantastic four reboot film (it was no BTW),
    if my reasons were related to the Michael Jordan being casting as Human Torch (it wasn’t)
    Wither the new film seems like the FF (I’m sure you can guess I have said it often enough)
    Michel Jordan saying that
    They’re still going to go and see it anyway
    for me is arrogant.
    A unnecessary layer is added compared to any other FF media representation.
    The rest are reasons and options that I have seen come to light through my own experiences, I could (should I bold that) have stated something as fact in which case I apologize but in my own defense you are all stating that my opinion is wrong because you disagree with the reasons behind it, I have no idea why you feel that way or why 7thangel feels that way and frankly I don’t care, at least Alvarez explains his reasoning, a bit defensive at first but I can understand why he would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I'm not sure how it, in completeness, connects to The Fantastic Four, but I can understand where it comes from.
    I could be wrong crimson but I think it’s because Michal B Jordan has been cast as the HT and Kata Mara (I think) has been cast as Sue, for me it doesn’t feel like the FF because it strays too far from the source material (which is funny since I want a blonde Sara instead a brunette Laurel Dinah as Black Canary in Arrow but I digress) I wasn’t aware that they could be blood brother and sister and have different skin tones (which I have been corrected on) so I thought a unnecessary layer was added by having Sue be adopted because I didn’t think that they would go with Half siblings.

I would like to say thanks because you have said what i would say when it comes to opinion and views.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 07-02-2014 at 01:12 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Of course I will, it is a comic book superhero movie, I'm a sucker for those
    And the Fantastic Four is a fun group
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member

Maybe, I liked chronicle, I liked some of the changes in ultimate ff, I consider the previous movies faithful adaptations (of the ff, not their villains).
    Like GotG, the first 2 trailers will really determine whether I see this in theatre's.
    I'm definitely not going in expecting a faithful adaptation of the 616 source material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Actually to the person it is, you can't have freedom of speech and then class something as wrong without valid reason to change it, bottom line i have acknowledge everything that has been said to me without name calling and in as respectful a manner as possible, to the best of my knowledge not once have I tried to destroy the person’s opinion or change it I have just said what I believe can happen.
    it doesn't matter if a person thinks their opinion is valid, it doesn't magically make it so because they believe it and it doesn't stop them from being wrong. it also has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

I'm happy to be called on things that are wrong but I’m not wrong in a lot of what I have said. When someone is adopted they aren’t blood related to their new siblings that’s not a view it’s a proven fact, I have used words like can, likely to illustrate my point about this one topic which means i have acknowledge that another option can happen, to take one view and say every adoption is happy and blood doesn't count at all is naive, not every adoption is happy and not every family bore of blood is happy either this is also well known, i would strongly suggest reading posts before bashing them if you wish to discuss a certain point that is unclear then I will be more than happy to clarify.
    from jump you have continually downplayed the familial bond of adopted children and their family. you're the one that has made assumptions about them and their motivations. you keep talking about things you have no authority on. no one cares about your opinions on making sue and johnny adopted, a blended family, or biological siblings with different skin tones, no one is calling you wrong on that, what some do care about is how you've characterized adoption

BANNED

You can have the opinion that the Moon is made out of cheese, or that the sky is purple with orange polka dots, or that people are born by being delivered by a gigantic, horrific, pickle-chomping stork....it can be your opinion, but it is still completely and utterly wrong.

If the trailer wows me like Guardians did, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    You can have the opinion that the Moon is made out of cheese, or that the sky is purple with orange polka dots, or that people are born by being delivered by a gigantic, horrific, pickle-chomping stork....it can be your opinion, but it is still completely and utterly wrong.
    ....Forgive me but I'm kinda behind on this topic. So are you saying that the "Moon is cheese people" are Pro-reboot or Against?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    ....Forgive me but I'm kinda behind on this topic. So are you saying that the "Moon is cheese people" are Pro-reboot or Against?
    I believe he's saying that the Moon is Cheese people are the ones saying that Sue and Johnny being adopted brother and sister means its NOT really the Fantastic Four but multiculturalism/blended families being "shoved down their throats"

BANNED

We live in a world, where for some reason, opinion now overrules fact.
    Whoa is us.

it doesn't matter if a person thinks their opinion is valid, it doesn't magically make it so because they believe it and it doesn't stop them from being wrong. it also has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
    I really am starting to get p!ssed off about this,

heres a defination for you maybe then you can see what i am saying

In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred
    There you go now tell me my opinon is wrong and could you please give a reason instead of recycling.

from jump you have continually downplayed the familial bond of adopted children and their family. you're the one that has made assumptions about them and their motivations.
    No i haven't downplayed anything, and if thats what you getting out of it well i can't help you not that it seems you want it, i have said something which i believe to be true i know someone who went through it he never found out cause was he happy yeah he had fanatstic adoptive parents even still he admit that he would have like to have known his real folks, I also know someone who went through the system because his mum put him there and later on he went looking for answers and found them too it helped him understand and get closure thats two experiencs i have heard about, i'm not going to pretend that things are all sunny and sweetness,
    when the real world can be a b!tch and so can comic books. Not once have i ever said it means less but i also know that sometimes a doubt can linger because of the fact that there isn't a blood tie it can happen 50/50 per cent of the time but it still happens

you keep talking about things you have no authority on. no one cares about your opinions on making sue and johnny adopted, a blended family, or biological siblings with different skin tones, no one is calling you wrong on that, what some do care about is how you've characterized adoption
    I would say its realistic, i have used the word can alot of the time as well as likely thats putting it in a fair light saying sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, the same could be said of blood realtives and half siblings the world is no way near perfect even in comic books that said do i need it in a FF film no I don't think i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    If someone said that its not really an opinon because it can be disaproved my opinon on a film however can't because the topic is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    Either works

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I believe he's saying that the Moon is Cheese people are the ones saying that Sue and Johnny being adopted brother and sister means its NOT really the Fantastic Four but multiculturalism/blended families being "shoved down their throats"
    I would settle for token characters being shoved down my throat because Fox believes the film needs to be diverse to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    We live in a world, where for some reason, opinion now overrules fact.
    Whoa is us.
    Don't really get this, opinon is subjective fact can be proven so where's this coming from.
    You want me to tell you that blood doesen't mean anything how exactly can you prove that.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 07-02-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Yeah, don't care.
    I'm not debating this with you further.