Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I can't really decide if i will see a movie if i haven't even seen a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Yeah I don't see what my avatar has anything to do with the topic so I'm going to just move on
    Your icon is how you want the world to see you. You choose to represent yourself with the evil god of Mischief and the words "Hail to the King". It would be surprising if you DID care about anything. No offense.

Fox isn't using the FF license correctly so they should give it up. You could turn this into such an epic, sci-fi series without resorting to racist means and not actually showing villains that the entire audience came to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I can't really decide if i will see a movie if i haven't even seen a trailer.
    Sometimes even that wouldn't help. I guess it will all depend on if this gets a good buzz or not. Who knows maybe,with all the negativity it's getting, it might inspire the folks making this film into making a good movie. Or at least a watchable movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    Your icon is how you want the world to see you. You choose to represent yourself with the evil god of Mischief and the words "Hail to the King". It would be surprising if you DID care about anything. No offense.

Fox isn't using the FF license correctly so they should give it up. You could turn this into such an epic, sci-fi series without resorting to racist means and not actually showing villains that the entire audience came to see.
    None taken. TBH I just put that up there just for *** and giggles and a little nod to the ending of Thor 2.

If Doctor Doom looks good and more comic accurate. That's really my main concern, because it killed the last one for me despite the slight improvement in movie 2, but wrong actor, wrong attitude, wrong relationship to Richards...just bad. I realize it'll be Ultimate more which is fine, but I really want to see a 616 Doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSummers View Post
    If Doctor Doom looks good and more comic accurate. That's really my main concern, because it killed the last one for me despite the slight improvement in movie 2, but wrong actor, wrong attitude, wrong relationship to Richards...just bad. I realize it'll be Ultimate more which is fine, but I really want to see a 616 Doom.
    Sadly I don't think we will see a complete 616 Doom in live action format.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Sometimes even that wouldn't help. I guess it will all depend on if this gets a good buzz or not. Who knows maybe,with all the negativity it's getting, it might inspire the folks making this film into making a good movie. Or at least a watchable movie.
    Is it getting a lot of negativy publicity outside internet comic book sites?
    Because i haven't heard a lot about the film at all yet.

BANNED

i will definately see it because i like the casting.

No interest because the casting baffles me. It doesn't bother me that Johnny Storm is black, it bothers me that he is black but his sister is white. And while I don't mind Jamie Bell at all, he doesn't seem right for the Thing, and the other actors don't seem right either.

I've been wrong about these things before, I was also baffled by the choice to cast Heath Ledger as the Joker, and we've all seen how that turned out. I don't know what it says about me that having a brother and sister be multi-racial bothers me, but it does. I wouldn't care nearly as much if they were both black, Hispanic, Asian, or Middle Eastern, but any combination of any of those options is strange to me. Unless this isn't going to be a true representation of the Fantastic Four, but instead a spiritual adaptation. In which case, I just got even less interested, honestly.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    No interest because the casting baffles me. It doesn't bother me that Johnny Storm is black, it bothers me that he is black but his sister is white. And while I don't mind Jamie Bell at all, he doesn't seem right for the Thing, and the other actors don't seem right either.

I've been wrong about these things before, I was also baffled by the choice to cast Heath Ledger as the Joker, and we've all seen how that turned out. I don't know what it says about me that having a brother and sister be multi-racial bothers me.
    me neither. that's just weird.

BANNED

No interest because the casting baffles me. It doesn't bother me that Johnny Storm is black, it bothers me that he is black but his sister is white.
    You are aware that adoptions and mixed families happen right?
    They could be step or foster siblings for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Very well aware. Also very well aware that these characters, as original intended, are not adopted, but biological siblings.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Yeah... I'm more on the ''Why not just have two black people in the cast instead of just one'' camp, yeah, they can still be adopted siblings or step brothers but that adds another unnecesary layer that seems a case of ''but not too black''.

BANNED

Marvel has core characters: FF, Cap, Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Original & 2nd generation X-Men. You don't touch these characters. AT ALL. You can make small alterations to them or bigger ones to their supporting cast. But don't touch the core characters. They're too deeply embedded in our hearts. Or else you're purposely pooping on the people who built the license up from nothing. Boycotting this movie is the right thing to do.

Well a) Not sure why you quote me in that post as that is unrelated to my point and b) damn, I'm probably going to end up seeing this for free but you are making me want to pay for it twice just to distance myself from you and whoever agrees. An advice, tone the fanboyism down 30 or 40 notches when talking about it with people, you are just inadvertedly giving them bussiness.

Just a question though, I used to have a portrait of a real life french detective from the early 19th century as my avatar, what would you make of that?

BANNED

Very well aware. Also very well aware that these characters, as original intended, are not adopted, but biological siblings.
    It's clear that they aren't making this anywhere near as originally intended.
    They could still be biological half siblings though.

I'm just saying, if you want comic book accurate... this aint gonna be it.