Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Yes if the trailer looks good
    We need better comics

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Why would Marvel do that if they got the rights back?
    If anything they'd be closer to the original concept.
    Not the movies, the comics. Burn it to the ground and let the phoenix rise.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Not the movies, the comics. Burn it to the ground and let the phoenix rise.
    Alright...

I don't know. Usually I'd watch the Marvel hero movies, but I don't know about this one.

More than likely, yeah.

I mean, Amazing Spider-Man 2 looked pretty awful before it was released, but I still went to see it. As it turned out, it actually was pretty awful - but you don't know until you try, right?

BANNED

If it has half-decent word of mouth I'll watch it eventually on blueray.

I still have not watched the old ones.

Yes if the trailer looks good
    I have found that trailers are an incredibly bad way to judge if a film is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm just saying, if you want comic book accurate... this aint gonna be it.
    Which is kinda the point I've been making........
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If it has half-decent word of mouth I'll watch it eventually on blueray.

I still have not watched the old ones.

I have found that trailers are an incredibly bad way to judge if a film is any good.
    Yeah usually a good critical word of the mouth is the key. That is how I got around to watching First Class. I seriously doubt this will pull a First Class

Spectacular Member

Sure, if it's good. There's good talent involved. 'Just like the comics' matters very little to me if a movie's well-made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Very well aware. Also very well aware that these characters, as original intended, are not adopted, but biological siblings.
    Seeing as Jack Kirby was a very forward thinker, I don't think he would mind with the casting change.
    Stan Lee will say whatever it takes to get a paycheck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    me neither. that's just weird.
    Well, it's 2014. Multi-racial families do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    Sure, if it's good. There's good talent involved. 'Just like the comics' matters very little to me if a movie's well-made.
    This is exactly how I feel. A white Human Torch would do very little to help a poor script or a terrible director. Jordan is a talented actor, who I know can portray all the right Johnny Storm qualities. The rest of the cast is also talented, it'll just come down to the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. A white Human Torch would do very little to help a poor script or a terrible director. Jordan is a talented actor, who I know can portray all the right Johnny Storm qualities. The rest of the cast is also talented, it'll just come down to the execution.
    Yeah.

The closest thing that we have to a "just like the comic" execution is probably Watchmen. While I dig it, the very best superhero movies I have seen tend to be way more liberal with choosing and changing source material. Like I think Cap 2 is fantastic, and it really changed a lot of elements from the Winter Soldier story. Same thing with the Nolan Batman films that are a mix of the comics and original ideas.

Fantastic Member

No, because I am not interested in a black Johnny Storm. If a character is white, black or asian in the comics he should be the same in the movies. If you want more black characters, then create new ones or make a Luke Cage movie or a new Blade movie and if it is good I will watch it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Yeah.

The closest thing that we have to a "just like the comic" execution is probably Watchmen. While I dig it, the very best superhero movies I have seen tend to be way more liberal with choosing and changing source material. Like I think Cap 2 is fantastic, and it really changed a lot of elements from the Winter Soldier story. Same thing with the Nolan Batman films that are a mix of the comics and original ideas.
    I didn't find Watchmen that horrible either. Flawed yes but not horrible. That and the MCU, the Nolan Batman Films, and some of the X-Films are what I believe are examples of taking some liberties from the source material yet still keeping the spirit of the source material intact.