Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    "So you spent how long not wearing a costume?"
    Haha I really want to see this meet-up now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, it was an attempt to explore how Superman's worldview and responsibilities had grown beyond one city and one nation, and his attempt to avoid having his actions seen as sanctioned by the American government, thus avoiding international incidents when he does something the States cannot be a part of.

It was a backup story, basically there just to fill up pages.
    The weirdest thing about it is that until it happened, I didn't actually realise Superman had American citizenship. Given you know, he's an illegal (and literal alien) immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Haha I really want to see this meet-up now.
    I do, too. It would be the perfect way to showcase the difference between the two Clarks. One is a superficial bully while the other is not. Bring it on.

Realistically, this is how that scene would play out:

New 52 Superman: So you spent how long not wearing a costume?
    Smallville Superman: 22 years.
    New 52: [Embarrassed and humbled by his presumptuousness being proven wrong] Me too. How about how long it took you to wear a cape?
    Smallville Superman: 25 years. I wanted to wear the suit my mom made me a year earlier, but Jor-El stole it from me and wouldn't give it back until I was ready to defeat Darkseid, win the full support of the people of Earth, and get married.
    New 52 Superman: Cool, I found my costume on Brainiac's ship. Seems like in terms of timing of costume wearing, we're not as different as I originally thought. Sorry I gave you such a hard time about it at first.
    Smallville Superman: No problem.

"...A hero's made in the moment by the choices that he makes and the reasons that he makes them."
    Last edited by misslane; 06-15-2014 at 11:25 AM.

BANNED

facepalm, anyway.... i highly doubt dc will return to post or pre crisis continuity. if anything these dopple gangers will resemble some of the old status quos but they will not take over the books. with superman in particular, his doppleganger will probably resemble golden age supes. i think having him interact with his 'old' self will push nu52 superman more into that direction. he'll still have a bit of that new 52 flare but with added golden age depth and maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    his doppleganger will probably resemble golden age supes. i think having him interact with his 'old' self will push nu52 superman more into that direction. he'll still have a bit of that new 52 flare but with added golden age depth and maturity.
    I'd like to see that interaction, but what age of Golden Age Superman are you thinking of? Action Comics #1 Superman, or the one who was still alive and kicking by Crisis of Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis?
    Last edited by misslane; 06-15-2014 at 11:43 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

To be honest I just though the actual post of "so it too you how long to put on the costume" was just funny on it's own not necessarily where it'd be coming from. The question just being asked would be funny. Most people are probably laughing at that I'd guess hahah
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-15-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Haha, that so needs to happen.

I also really want to see N52 Supes react to all those lame as hell villains on that show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post

I'd like to see that interaction, but what age of Golden Age Superman are you thinking of? Action Comics #1 Superman, or the one who was still alive and kicking by Crisis of Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis?
    the former, though the latter would be more likely given that the 2015 event is said to resemble Crisis of Infinite Earths. it would be like nu52 superman literally meeting his full potential

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    the former, though the latter would be more likely given that the 2015 event is said to resemble Crisis of Infinite Earths. it would be like nu52 superman literally meeting his full potential
    Interesting, thanks. I wonder if the topic of social justice crusading would come up with Golden Age Superman in the mix. Do you think Golden Age Superman would be fatherly in his interactions or more condescending?
    Last edited by misslane; 06-15-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Best. meetup. ever.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Finally something we disagree on!
    Hmm you always struck me as a fan of the Silver Age. Why would you prefer bad Bronze/modern age Superman?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Best. meetup. ever.
    I just don't get it. New 52 Superman and Clark on Smallville started wearing costumes at the same age. Clark on Smallville also wore his iconic costume years before most of the other incarnations of Superman wore it. The question only works if it is a joke on the Superman asking it because it makes him look like an ignorant fool.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I just don't get it. New 52 Superman and Clark on Smallville started wearing costumes at the same age. Clark on Smallville also wore his iconic costume years before most of the other incarnations of Superman wore it. The question only works if it is a joke on the Superman asking it because it makes him look like an ignorant fool.
    I have nothing but disdain for both the Nu52 and Smallville versions of Superman so having a meetup of them pointing out the other's flaws would be pretty hilarious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Haha, that so needs to happen.
    Why? The person who originally composed the joke (the person you're responding to) even admitted it doesn't work on the page. Unless you're not actually being serious.

I also really want to see N52 Supes react to all those lame as hell villains on that show.
    See, this is what I don't like. Instead of approaching this topic with sincerity, this "joke" is being used as a smokescreen to bash Smallville. I get it. It wasn't a universally beloved show, and it had its problems. I have problems with it, even. But imagining any version of Superman going around gleefully belittling other versions of himself is just low. If y'all want to bash Smallville and its Clark, maybe you should make a thread to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I have nothing but disdain for both the Nu52 and Smallville versions of Superman so having a meetup of them pointing out the other's flaws would be pretty hilarious to me.
    This makes even less sense since both Nu52 and Smallville versions were the youngest Clarks to wear their costumes. How is the age at which one wore his costume a flaw if the versions of Superman you probably love more put on their suits years later?