Mighty Member

Default One-Punch Man vs Invincible

Saitama vs Mark Grayson

Bonus Question: If Saitama and Mark(before the current arc) switched universes to the beginning of each others stories how would they do?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hard to say to be honest.

Saitama should be about as strong as Mark and Mark should be about as fast as Saitama but neither of them have easy feats to indicate those levels properly.

I'd back Saitama just because of the whole "We've never seen him try," whereas we've seen Mark have to push his limits from time to time.

Yeah, I have to agree with Nik here.

Saitama's feat are considerably more casual which makes me lean towards him.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

As long as Anissa gets punched, I'm happy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hard to say to be honest.

Saitama should be about as strong as Mark and Mark should be about as fast as Saitama but neither of them have easy feats to indicate those levels properly.

I'd back Saitama just because of the whole "We've never seen him try," whereas we've seen Mark have to push his limits from time to time.
    How are Saitama's strength feats lacking next to Mark's? Maybe I forgot something but Mark's greatest feats was leveling mountains by flying Conquest into them. Which should be matched nicely by Saitama's meteor punch and the shockwave from the punch in his fight with Boros if the scan I saw was indeed from that fight.

The only thing Mark has higher that comes to mind is destroying Viltrum but that required enough asterisk's that I don't know why anyone would consider that a clean feat. He has never displayed even within 10 orders of magnitude that level of power before or since.

I wouldn't say he's exactly lacking. It's more that... like his best strength feat is him flipping over Psykos' city-sized base with his fingertips. The rest of his best feats are mostly him hitting things. The meteor thing is pretty good, insofar as the meteor wasn't actually that big rather just really durable.

Mark has some really good strength feats that are more lifting-y/easier to quantify including tossing an aircraft carrier sized spaceship into high orbit, smashing up mountains just by wrestling Conquest on them, sending giant monsters physically flying with a casual thunderclap underwater, accidentally throwing things into other countries and effortlessly hurling objects around the world like it was nothing. The last three of those feats are from when he was a mere tiny-babby-man compared to how strong he is now.

Like I said, I personally see them as pretty even in feats. Just Saitama, surprisingly, doesn't have as many wacky strength feats in Mark's ballpark while Mark hasn't really got the speedfeats to cement how fast he's implied to be. Plus, again, Saitama has still never actually tried so he'd likely take it if he tried but we don't know exactly how wacky that is.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The Vitrum feat seemed more like the the of them used the shockwave of going at FTL speeds inside an atmosphere to blow up the planet since they very explicitly didn't touch anything and told Mark that they'd die (IIRC) if they slowed down enough for the walls of the hole the Space Rider's energy beam (which they were following through the planet) carved to collapse on them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The Vitrum feat seemed more like the the of them used the shockwave of going at FTL speeds inside an atmosphere to blow up the planet since they very explicitly didn't touch anything and told Mark that they'd die (IIRC) if they slowed down enough for the walls of the hole the Space Rider's energy beam (which they were following through the planet) carved to collapse on them.
    I agree, the problem is I've seen people on this board use it as evidence of planet busting strength on Mark's part. Which it wasn't and since it was prewipe I can never be sure who made the argument before.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I agree, the problem is I've seen people on this board use it as evidence of planet busting strength on Mark's part. Which it wasn't and since it was prewipe I can never be sure who made the argument before.
    It's a good durability feat and... I guess flight speed?

But not that much in the way of strength.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's a good durability feat and... I guess flight speed?

But not that much in the way of strength.
    Is not really all that for a durability feat, since the planet exploded in his wake rather than on top of him, IIRC, and he and two much older Viltrumites were afraid that getting caught in the core of the planet would kill them.