Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I have mixed feelings about the new ROM comic. On one hand, the art looks fantastic (just based on the cover), it's great that this classic '80's character is finally making a come-back & the book may be great.

On the other hand, I don't know if I want to collect the new series unless & until the classic Marvel '80's series gets reprinted.....we'll see...

And, yes, I would be all over a new ROM figure (as long as it was based on the Marvel comics version, not the old crummy PB toy) like white on rice...

I really look forward to this. Like most others here, it appears, I enjoyed ROM in the Marvel version. The art on the cover looks good, but let's see how the interior art will be. Very pleased that it is Gage who's writing.

Incredible Member

David Messina, who the artwork for both the bookends to the IDW INFESTATION crossovers, and the comic prequels to both the STAR TREK flicks, so the FCBD issue is good hands artwise. This other guy, Logan, I'll have to look up his stuff.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Mixing ROM with the other Hasbro Sci-Fi characters would make up for the missing Marvel ones I guess.
    Until he lands on the planet of Furby. Oh, the pain!!!

Seriously though... maybe his nemesis can be Tendril from Inhumanoids.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Until he lands on the planet of Furby. Oh, the pain!!!

Seriously though... maybe his nemesis can be Tendril from Inhumanoids.
    I like your thinking. Although, looking at the Hasbro sci-fi stable we also got the Quintissons from the TRANSFORMERS who outside of TF:MONSTROSITY and PRIMACY haven't got too much play.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Disappointed it's not been picked up by Marvel.

Ferran Delgado

Disappointed that Marvel didn't allow to use his stuff since there's so many collaborations between both companies. But let's give an opportunity to the revamp.

A curiosity: The last issue of ROM, #75, got released 30 years ago, circa November 5, 1985.
    http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/fea...?comicid=49752

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

wow! 30 years ago! How time has flown.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just have the sad feeling that this is going to feel like those non-Marvel Micronauts series. While not really that bad, they just didn't have that magic they did when Marvel was doing them.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

And a day later, your prediction seems more certain: HasbroVerse with GIJoe/ROM/Micronauts.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

I wonder if we'll see the return of Rom's deadliest enemy, Jim ?

Fantastic Member

Now that the release date is getting closer, I'm semi-looking forward to the new ROM comic series. However, I don't go to LCS's any more & don't collect floppies whatsoever. So, if I do get this series it will only be if & when it's released to Trade Paperback - hopefully the Trade will also include the FCBD ROM issue (coming out in May 2016, IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferran Delgado View Post
    A curiosity: The last issue of ROM, #75, got released 30 years ago, circa November 5, 1985.
    http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/fea...?comicid=49752
    Wow - it has been a long time since the ROM series ended. All the more reason for reprints of this classic series.

The final issue - #75 - has great cover art by P. Craig Russell. I never collected the series to any great extent at the time, and had forgotten that a lot of great artists worked on this - including Steve Ditko.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 02-17-2016 at 08:27 AM.