Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    Here I'll put this thread to rest.

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...27773003677700

He's also going forward with his 2 face story. He already has plans for Duke and Harper. And please don't try to tell me that a man on his way outta Gotham/Bat family would be participating personally on large scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Saying 2016 and mentioning a large scale doesn't really determine how long he'll be on the book, though.
    Yeah, I don't think that anybody here is under the impression that Snyder leaving the book is something that is happening immediately after Bruce puts back on the cape and cowl. If it does happen, it'll probably be sometime towards the end of 2016 at the earliest anyways, he'll certainly have at least 6 issues after Bruce returns at the minimum to wrap up loose ends even if an exit is in the cards. Plus, wouldn't DC want everyone involved with the Batbooks to have an idea of where Snyder wants to end things if he does go, so anyone coming after him could plan some kind of cohesive jumping off point.The other Bat writers have to plan around what happens in the main book too, Snyder controls the ship, everyone else is just in his wake. He may very well be staying, but him saying he's making plans for 2016 with Bat book writers isn't really evidence of anything besides Snyder will be writing Batman next year, which everyone already knew.
    Last edited by Kurtzberg; 12-14-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Bleeding Cool speculation is always half wrong
    so DC is probably looking for some artists to replace Capullo since he actually is leaving the book for a bit
    Snyder is probably going to write Batman for a long time and DC would be better for it since it seems to be the only book they can sell well
    It wasn't speculation. If it was speculation we'd have said it was speculation.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I have criticized Snyder in the past, but would be sad if he left the book. He writes blockbusters and is a big part of the popularity of the character at this point in time. That said, I would really like it if they made Detective more than just a secondary book and allow the creative team to push Bats forward, as well. Tom King/Tim Seeley and Michael Janin please!!!!

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that anybody here is under the impression that Snyder leaving the book is something that is happening immediately after Bruce puts back on the cape and cowl. If it does happen, it'll probably be sometime towards the end of 2016 at the earliest anyways, he'll certainly have at least 6 issues after Bruce returns at the minimum to wrap up loose ends even if an exit is in the cards. Plus, wouldn't DC want everyone involved with the Batbooks to have an idea of where Snyder wants to end things if he does go, so anyone coming after him could plan some kind of cohesive jumping off point.The other Bat writers have to plan around what happens in the main book too, Snyder controls the ship, everyone else is just in his wake. He may very well be staying, but him saying he's making plans for 2016 with Bat book writers isn't really evidence of anything besides Snyder will be writing Batman next year, which everyone already knew.
    Even of Snyder would leave at 56-58 at the earliest, DC wouldn't be searching his replacement in a year advance. Besides he would leave Batman on his own terms. DC respects him and his ability to write as well as draw sales to be looking for his replacement. And he has said he wants to do another couple of stories and next story is about 2 face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    It wasn't speculation. If it was speculation we'd have said it was speculation.
    When a sentence starts with "This could be a .........." It is considered speculation. You don't even know yourself that whether this is a replacement or what.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

How about a female creative team?

Writers could be Marjorie Liu, Noelle Stevenson or Kathryn Immonen and Artist: Nicola Scott, Colleen Doran, Sara Pichelli, Emma Rios, and even Jill Thompson.

Any of these ladies could bring an interesting twist into the world of the Batman. I mean heck, why not?

In regard to Snyder, he's a good writer, but I've never been invested in his stories. Something about the way he writes the Joker bugs me. I'm not sure what it is, but it's just, unnerving.

Even of Snyder would leave at 56-58 at the earliest, DC wouldn't be searching his replacement in a year advance. Besides he would leave Batman on his own terms. DC respects him and his ability to write as well as draw sales to be looking for his replacement. And he has said he wants to do another couple of stories and next story is about 2 face.
    I don't think it's impossible that DC would look to have a plan in place for after Snyder, it's completely sensible, especially if they have had conversations where Snyder has made noises that he may be looking towards other things. Snyder can leave Batman on his own terms, no one is saying he can't, he can write more stories, and while he's writing those stories it isn't disrespectful for DC to look to ensure it's number one property moving forward has someone with a clear plan at the helm. Snyder's an adult, he understands this is a business and that no one writes a book forever (nor would he probably want to) and if DC want to plan ahead it's not a personal attack or a negative comment on the work he has done. I imagine they would have even involved him in talking about what the end of Snyder on Batman looks like and who comes after him, no one is sneaking around behind his back and just because the conversation happens now doesn't mean that anyone is eagerly awaiting the axe to fall.
    There are a lot of people in the industry who want to helm the Batman book, and they probably all have very different ideas as to where they would take it, DC has it's own ideas, only by actually talking about it can DC see if these ideas line up.

I don't think it's impossible that DC would look to have a plan in place for after Snyder, it's completely sensible, especially if they have had conversations where Snyder has made noises that he may be looking towards other things. Snyder can leave Batman on his own terms, no one is saying he can't, he can write more stories, and while he's writing those stories it isn't disrespectful for DC to look to ensure it's number one property moving forward has someone with a clear plan at the helm. Snyder's an adult, he understands this is a business and that no one writes a book forever (nor would he probably want to) and if DC want to plan ahead it's not a personal attack or a negative comment on the work he has done. I imagine they would have even involved him in talking about what the end of Snyder on Batman looks like and who comes after him, no one is sneaking around behind his back and just because the conversation happens now doesn't mean that anyone is eagerly awaiting the axe to fall.
    There are a lot of people in the industry who want to helm the Batman book, and they probably all have very different ideas as to where they would take it, DC has it's own ideas, only by actually talking about it can DC see if these ideas line up.
    There's nothing that supports the claim that Snyder is leaving Batman and DC is looking for replacement. Even the article is speculating what DC has in mind.

There's nothing that supports the claim that Snyder is leaving Batman and DC is looking for replacement. Even the article is speculating what DC has in mind.
    Not absolutely nothing to support it, "well connected sources at DC" according to Bleeding Cool, you can give whatever credence to those sources you desire. You can choose to give no credence to them at all, you can believe them fully, you can fall somewhere in the middle. I am of the mind that DC would be absolutely foolish if there weren't internal discussions about what they do after Snyder. "Sources" could have misconstrued the urgency of such discussions, but I have no trouble thinking a large company is in the business of long term planning in regards to valuable intellectual property. That doesn't mean DC is looking to make a change soon.
    Last edited by Kurtzberg; 12-14-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Not absolutely nothing to support it, "well connected sources at DC" according to Bleeding Cool, you can give whatever credence to those sources you desire. You can choose to give no credence to them at all, you can believe them fully, you can fall somewhere in the middle. I am of the mind that DC would be absolutely foolish if there weren't internal discussions about what they do after Snyder. "Sources" could have misconstrued the urgency of such discussions, but I have no trouble thinking a large company is in the business of long term planning in regards to valuable intellectual property. That doesn't mean DC is looking to make a change soon.
    Sources at DC and at Marvel. This is a medium term thing by the sound of everything.

Sources at DC and at Marvel. This is a medium term thing by the sound of everything.
    Let's just say planning beyond the short term, as I'm sure the situation (if there is one) is fluid at this point depending on interest levels, creative plans, availability, monetary concerns, Snyder's own plans, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    How about a female creative team?

Writers could be Marjorie Liu, Noelle Stevenson or Kathryn Immonen and Artist: Nicola Scott, Colleen Doran, Sara Pichelli, Emma Rios, and even Jill Thompson.
    I'd be down for this. Especially a team of Liu and Rios.

BANNED

I think he should move and launch a separate book in vein of Shadow of the Bat or Gotham Knights. At this point Snyder's Batman is like Batman INC where it's more detached from the rest of the line than connected.
    Snyder has established a universe of his own and he should get the opportunity to develop his characters in his own way. If these characters work then other writers will use them automatically. The forced approach isn't working,Duke isn't close to being a Robin in Snyder's own book but he's Robin elsewhere,Harper hasn't shown up in Snyder's book in years yet she's constantly pushed in Eternal.
    DC should let Snyder do what he wants while preserving the actual status quo,they did it with Morrison after the relaunch and Snyder entered the same waters with Superheavy and Duke.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

John Layman was solid. He could take over again when the time comes (if he's not disgruntled and only after Snyder runs out of ideas) or Tim Seeley
    following his Suicide Squad run. Matt Fraction's take on Batman would be nice.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

So, Martz is luring him to Marvel to take over X-Men