Default Megaman #55- Megaman Forever!!

spoilers:
    Megaman and co are helping Doctor Light with a machine with Flashman and TImeman present. An accident breaks out and Dr.Light receives a flash from the future. He goes through the different and future Megaman games that would have occured going past the Classic, to X, the Zero and Z-X, the Star force?, and finally Legends. He sees the mistakes of the past repeating and reaching far beyond his and his children's times. And while he is saddened by the coming conflicts to come, he sees the hope in the robots and people growing beyond their boundaries and that there are heroes even then, fighting for peace. Just like his son Megaman.
    end of spoilers

This issue is sadder knowing that the hiatus has finally come and there is no knowing when Megaman will be back. I haven't gotten the trades and the full story but from what I have seen, it was a colorful and engaging story and when I have the chance, I will get the rest of the trades.

Maybe one day Megaman will be back. We may even get to see those future arcs and see X and Legends make triumphant stories in the comics. Until then, its farewell for now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Just like the last issue of Stephanie Brown's tenure as Batgirl: show off all the storylines they wanted to get to but never will.

"Hiatus" is just Archie Comics politely saying "the book's dead". Maybe if they hadn't wasted so many valuable issues on those useless crossovers, it could have lasted longer.
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

ANd it makes me sad. Wish I coulda supported the series back when...
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Just like the last issue of Stephanie Brown's tenure as Batgirl: show off all the storylines they wanted to get to but never will.

"Hiatus" is just Archie Comics politely saying "the book's dead". Maybe if they hadn't wasted so many valuable issues on those useless crossovers, it could have lasted longer.
    Agreed. Clearly the intent of the crossovers was to boost interest in the title, but they derailed the momentum of the ongoing storylines so much that I think it had the opposite effect. A real shame too, because I personally found the book to be the best licensed comic on the shelves by a significant margin.

Astonishing Member

Unlike many comic "hiatus'" I really do think Mega Man will come back sooner or later (I mean from what I'm seeing its sales were fairly consistent, no?) but it is a bitter farewell until then regardless, and what a fun way to end it. Between issue 20 and this issue I do so love these amazing flash forwards, particularly anything involving Quint. Plus who DOESN'T love what's basically a tribute to almost every iteration of Mega Man? (Outside of the AU one's like Battle Network/Star Force though they slightly snuck in with the Short Circuits page I believe)