Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Yeah, I feel like if they wanted vsil to die they should've just had Quinn take her as hostage earlier. I find it hard to believe sunny wouldn't make sure it's permenant given his previous dealings with Quinn and general competency. Then again, it's the same series that keeps trying to push Tilda and widow's feud as legitimate. Maybe some don't agree, but I found that to be the worst aspect of season 2. It's like they at no point had any kind of discussion with one another when we know they are suppose to be the closets of the close.... Meh

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Yeah, I feel like if they wanted vsil to die they should've just had Quinn take her as hostage earlier. I find it hard to believe sunny wouldn't make sure it's permenant given his previous dealings with Quinn and general competency. Then again, it's the same series that keeps trying to push Tilda and widow's feud as legitimate. Maybe some don't agree, but I found that to be the worst aspect of season 2. It's like they at no point had any kind of discussion with one another when we know they are suppose to be the closets of the close.... Meh
    Yeah, agreed. While I can see how they might not see eye to eye about Veil, but coming to blows over it seems far too extreme.

But then, we started the season with Veil apparently nursing the man who killed her parents back to life...because reasons?

Like WD, this series is good with it's core gimmick, but absolute crap with logical character plotting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, agreed. While I can see how they might not see eye to eye about Veil, but coming to blows over it seems far too extreme.

But then, we started the season with Veil apparently nursing the man who killed her parents back to life...because reasons?

Like WD, this series is good with it's core gimmick, but absolute crap with logical character plotting.
    Well, prior to the end of the season, I would have chalked Veil's actions up to just being a doctor. Do no harm, and all that. Also the fact that she's a good person. She saw someone who needed help, and couldn't just walk away from that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Well, prior to the end of the season, I would have chalked Veil's actions up to just being a doctor. Do no harm, and all that. Also the fact that she's a good person. She saw someone who needed help, and couldn't just walk away from that.
    Yeah...except that Veil offered Tilda the chance to kill the Widow. Not exactly do no harm.

Did I miss where it was explained? Because nursing Quinn back to health seems like the dumbest move she could have made. None of the factions left standing had any reason to want a pound of her flesh. Ryder owed her for saving his life, and any Baron would have loved to have a doctor. Sunny's 'crimes' didn't fall on her in any way that I saw.

But instead she nurses Quinn back to health, something that would have gotten her killed if anyone caught wind, and something that would have brought her only a fleeting advantage, as she lacked the ability to treat his brain tumor. She basically grabs a two ton anchor while swimming. What was the exact reasoning at work here?

The finale was a disappointment:
    -- Sunny impales Quinn *two more times on top of last season* and still fails to make sure he's dead before running to Veil and Henry. He drops his sword and has no interest in picking it up once he thinks the battle is over - was he going to run away with his family and not be armed in any way??
    -- The final battle with Quinn -from Sunny's stupidity of not making sure he was dead, to the contrived "Veil sacrificing herself" trope just so she can be moved out of the way for us to see Sunny as "Lone Wolf and Cub" just made me lose all enthusiasm for the show.

I like this show, but one of the reasons it's not a must see in my mind is the fact that Sunny is not an interesting character. He's the best clipper who ever was, but all we see is him trying to not be a killer. I get that we jumped into the story after he'd met Veil and wanted to change, but I just don't find him compelling. It's like we just assume he's good despite being a murderer and the show has no interest in really challenging that. It's just something that makes him angsty.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like this show, but one of the reasons it's not a must see in my mind is the fact that Sunny is not an interesting character. He's the best clipper who ever was, but all we see is him trying to not be a killer. I get that we jumped into the story after he'd met Veil and wanted to change, but I just don't find him compelling. It's like we just assume he's good despite being a murderer and the show has no interest in really challenging that. It's just something that makes him angsty.
    Yeah, that's my main prob. Two seasons through, and the freakin' Widow, the villain, is the most heroic character in the series

Yeah, that's my main prob. Two seasons through, and the freakin' Widow, the villain, is the most heroic character in the series
    She's the only one who seems to have any real complexity and inner conflict. Sunny and MK don't. I'll still watch because it's entertaining enough and for more of the Widow's story.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Good start to Season 3.

I thought the retired 999 clipper was a one off character, but he gets recruited by the Widow. The badlands war has shrunk down to just Widow vs. Chau, while Tilda operates her own raiding party.

Looks like Azra will play a big role as the villains of this season.

Ultimate Member

I hope next season is Sunny teaming up with the Widow, instead of trying to kill her.

Because frankly, after two seasons, Widow is still the most heroic/sympathetic character there is. Good character, yes, but crap villain. They need to stop trying to shove her into that peg.
    Lets see if I'm right!

Ultimate Member

I love how Sunny, who stood aside as Viel's parents were killed for no reason, tells Tilda some actions cannot be redeemed

Incredible Member

and it's over.

pity.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    and it's over.

pity.
    One guy's take...

While I would agree that it is a drag, I'm still glad that the show maintained the level of quality that it did and got the run that it did.

Ultimate Member

Nice experiment, but between this and Iron Fist, I wonder if kung fu series somehow drain the writers' ability to actually plot. This thing had issues from the start, IMO

Tragic end for MK - I wonder if they were always going to turn him into an Anakin Skywalker or if they just had no idea what to do with him after awhile.

Knowing it was the last season, I'd have preferred if Sonny also died at the end. Seems more fitting, but oh well - the show had been losing steam since season 2 imo, so I'm fine to see it go. I thought they wrapped everything up well enough. This will ultimately be a footnote, but it was a fairly good show with some of the best fight sequences on any tv show.