Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    For the same reason that Bendis has so much power; whenever Bendis is involved, whether it be the artist or editors, nobody gives a damn.
    But didn't Bendis have a hand in both?

Rachel also looks younger here than OML issue and should tgis take place after that issue?

BANNED

It really is amazing they can't get this right. You can't do a double pass over the lettering for the book that ends an entire line? Also I love Bagley but I loathe how he fumbles every costume someone else designed. Jessica's ANU costume was so sick.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    It really is amazing they can't get this right. You can't do a double pass over the lettering for the book that ends an entire line? Also I love Bagley but I loathe how he fumbles every costume someone else designed. Jessica's ANU costume was so sick.
    Hear-hear. I like both costumes, and as a matter of fact, the one she was wearing in Spider-Verse from the initial promotional images of All-New Ultimates was a great one, too. All the same, if Bagley was going to revert to her original look, the one he designed in the first place, shouldn't he have been more careful to make sure the mask covered her face entirely?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

I don't understand how this many inconsistencies constantly happen in all of Bendis' Ultimate books. Like, what exactly are the editors doing? How is any of this possible? This is a line ending mini by arguably the most famous writer at the biggest comics publisher in the country. How. Does. This. Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I haven't been this mad about a comic since Kick-Ass 2
    That's what you get for expecting anything good from Kick-Ass
    We need better comics

This issue looks to be more of the same for this mini. So sad to see the UU end like this.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    But didn't Bendis have a hand in both?

Rachel also looks younger here than OML issue and should tgis take place after that issue?
    Exactly. It's not consistent even between 2 books written by the same person. Simply nobody cared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hear-hear. I like both costumes, and as a matter of fact, the one she was wearing in Spider-Verse from the initial promotional images of All-New Ultimates was a great one, too. All the same, if Bagley was going to revert to her original look, the one he designed in the first place, shouldn't he have been more careful to make sure the mask covered her face entirely?
    Personally speaking, that's one mistake I can live with. I personally hated the outfit that she was wearing in ANU and found it made no sense that she just randomly chose to be Black Widow with no justification (especially when the end of the volume showed this was before Monica Change died) and the outfit she wore in Spider-Verse made no sense since, outside of a cover, she never even had that outfit to begin with. Her reverting to something that at least resembles her classic look is a blessing to me, especially if this is the last time we'll see her.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Exactly. It's not consistent even between 2 books written by the same person. Simply nobody cared.

Personally speaking, that's one mistake I can live with. I personally hated the outfit that she was wearing in ANU and found it made no sense that she just randomly chose to be Black Widow with no justification (especially when the end of the volume showed this was before Monica Change died) and the outfit she wore in Spider-Verse made no sense since, outside of a cover, she never even had that outfit to begin with. Her reverting to something that at least resembles her classic look is a blessing to me, especially if this is the last time we'll see her.
    100% agree with the above. ANU was terrible over all anyway. I was hoping it was just forgotten anyway

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    That's what you get for expecting anything good from Kick-Ass
    I liked the first one back when I was an edgy teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    100% agree with the above. ANU was terrible over all anyway. I was hoping it was just forgotten anyway
    Agreed. It was neither a worthy successor to the Ultimates or a worthy Ultimization of the Young Avengers.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-14-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Well ... this is a thing that exists. That's my only thought so far.

Agreed. It was neither a worthy successor to the Ultimates or a worthy Ultimization of the Young Avengers.
    It wasn't really either of those things, though. Dislike it all you want, but criticizing it for not being something it was never meant to be seems pretty absurd. It was always described and marketed as a continuation of the Power Pack from Ultimate Spider-man, being Ultimates in name only. Nowhere did anyone say it was supposed to be like the Ultimates that came before it -- that book was happening over in UFF.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I honestly don't care much if certain books are delayed but WOW this one really hit a record, LOL!

The Read was decent for this story, so I like to see how this will end finally.

Just hope Scarlet Witch is still in this, did not see her in the previews on the 1st post, she was Major in the 1st few issues, I like that to continue.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Well ... this is a thing that exists. That's my only thought so far.

It wasn't really either of those things, though. Dislike it all you want, but criticizing it for not being something it was never meant to be seems pretty absurd. It was always described and marketed as a continuation of the Power Pack from Ultimate Spider-man, being Ultimates in name only. Nowhere did anyone say it was supposed to be like the Ultimates that came before it -- that book was happening over in UFF.
    Yup.

Also anyone who thinks ANU was a bad comic should stick to movies.

Yup.

Also anyone who thinks ANU was a bad comic should stick to movies.
    That's not really fair to say, I did not care at all for ANU both art and story but I supported the UU until the end.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That's not really fair to say, I did not care at all for ANU both art and story but I supported the UU until the end.
    Same here. For me, ANU just felt too much like a boring story arc that dragged on far too long with art and colors that didn't really do anything for making the overall product more interesting.