Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Yes, I'm excited for this.

I am excited.

Spectacular Member

I'd be interested to hear anyone's opinions on the first issue and whether or not this seems like a worthy continuation to the overall Lucifer/Sandman mythos? Also curious to hear about characters you'd like to see appear in this series from past stories.

I thought it was good. Read it a few more times and enjoyed it even more! The Presence and YHWH are one and the same though for anyone thinking they wasn't. I wonder if Holly knows that Ragual and The Spectre are suppose to be the same being, cause we see Ragual get one of his feathers stolen from a young man. Nice to see Metatron in the DCV Universe, last time he was seen was in a flashback in Supergirl, and before that was in Swamp Thing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstars View Post
    I thought it was good. Read it a few more times and enjoyed it even more! The Presence and YHWH are one and the same though for anyone thinking they wasn't. I wonder if Holly knows that Ragual and The Spectre are suppose to be the same being, cause we see Ragual get one of his feathers stolen from a young man. Nice to see Metatron in the DCV Universe, last time he was seen was in a flashback in Supergirl, and before that was in Swamp Thing.
    Glad you liked it. Looks like Holly Black is utilizing the Presence as the name for God/the Creator instead of how Carey used YHWH mostly in his run. The Spectre is also known as Raguel but I don't believe they are the same being. I believe the Spectre is his own entity apart from another angel called Raguel. For all intents perhaps this could be a "title" for those who embody vengeance much like Merlin embodies magic or the Devil/Satan is used for naming something evil. I'm not familiar with Metatron in the DC universe. I know Metatron mostly stands for the Voice of God. When was Metatron used in Supergirl and where did he appear in Swamp Thing? Thanks.

Yeah looks like it. It could be a title, never thought of that. The Spectre's name before he fell was Aztar. It would be nice to see him show up sometime in the comic, I don't think it would happen though, but if it does I would be happy. Metatron was in Supergirl #71, shown in a flashback, and he showed up while fighting The Shadow Creature. They didn't really have him stand out, just the ball's of light representing angels was shown, and the Phantom Stranger stated he saw Metatron fall against it.

Spectacular Member

I'd like to check out that issue with Supergirl. Thanks for pointing out the Swamp Thing reference. I haven't reread the American Gothic run with the Shadow Creature for awhile.

I loved it no glad they are sticking with the old continuity so ellaine is still the presence too, but not the one that god "murdered". My girl Mazikeen is back and looking glorious as ever. Nice issue especially how they made Gabriel appear too so i guess hell blazer continiunity also exist. I want to see death of the endless and elaine appear soon.

Spectacular Member

Pleasantly surprised issue 2 is out tomorrow. Thought it was next week. Preview looks great with the return of an old Sandman character and really looking forward to see what happens with this story.

I am looking forward to issue 2.
    Really enjoy issue 1.

Fantastic Member

I've caved and will be supporting this title in trades.

Spectacular Member

Glad to hear it. I really do believe this series as a whole will turn out to be great. I'm optimistic. If not I hope Holly Black goes to Hell...no, I'm joking...sorry Holly...it really was a joke...

I enjoy issue 2, but not as much as issue 1.
    Last edited by chongjasmine; 01-21-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Spectacular Member

Really enjoyed second issue. I think a lot of Vertigo comics read much better in trades.

BANNED

I'm really excited for this title. I'm a trade waiter so i can't wait for the trade