Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes but directors start from somewhere.

James Cameron's first movie was Piranha 2, that doesn't change his subsequent achievements.

He's made a bad movie at the beginning of his career but he's still a great director.
    James Gunn was known for Slither and Troma movies, but now he's regarded as the best thing since drip coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I didn't say there was more action shown, I said what was shown looked better. The bits of action shown in this trailer look like they're going to be part of more interesting scenes than the bits shown in the two other movies trailers, and what was shown in those other two trailers was of little interest.

The Russo brothers are at best subpar directors of action, and Snyder (who's better than the Russos) somehow makes even the biggest most overblown things boring. Nether of them have done an action scene half as good as the opening of X-Men 2 or the Quicksilver scene in the last X-Men movie. I'm not sure I would say Vaughn does action better, (why you brought him up I don't know) but I would say he makes better movies.
    The trailer was solid. X-Men hasn't done any action to match Winter Soldier. The Russo's killed with CA:WS. To even say that their action is subpar calls into question what you consider action.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    The actor for Apocalypse is disappointing.

The whole movie rests on him, and I didn't find him menacing at all in this trailer.

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
    I agree. He reminded me too much of Ronan from "Guardians Of The Galaxy". He needs more muscle bulk and an altered, menacing voice.

I will still see it, but Fox's X-Men are simply nowhere near the dream wish I had of the X-Men on the big screen as a kid. No distinct colorful uniforms and no Rogue or Gambit (oddly enough apparently no Wolverine either...my 3 favorites as a kid). They all look completely foreign and hopelessly boring to me and I hate that. Only Psylocke looks visually pleasing and recognizable.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    James Gunn was known for Slither and Troma movies, but now he's regarded as the best thing since drip coffee.
    Only Slither is actually a good movie. Slither is probably one of the better movies to have come out in 2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes but directors start from somewhere.

James Cameron's first movie was Piranha 2, that doesn't change his subsequent achievements.

He's made a bad movie at the beginning of his career but he's still a great director.
    I think Cameron filmed like a total of one scene in that movie before quitting. The Russo brothers have yet to make a great movie, maybe one day they'll have their The Terminator, but I doubt it.

Only Slither is actually a good movie. Slither is probably one of the better movies to have come out in 2006.

I think Cameron filmed like a total of one scene in that movie before quitting. The Russo brothers have yet to make a great movie, maybe one day they'll have their The Terminator, but I doubt it.
    Is this guy trolling? Must be. That statement is lunacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    The trailer was solid. X-Men hasn't done any action to match Winter Soldier. The Russo's killed with CA:WS. To even say that their action is subpar calls into question what you consider action.
    The X-Men movies already have better action scenes than The Winter Soldier, they don't need to match it. The last three are all way better movies with at least one action scene that's better than the best one in Winter Soldier.

The last thing you said is pretty funny, I feel about the same way about people calling the action in The Winter Soldier great.

BANNED

Lunacy is saying Captain America The Winter Soldier is a great film, or that the directors of it are in some way great. Winter Soldier isn't even on the best action films of last year, that shit gets blown away by stuff like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow, Dead Snow 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Guest, Interstellar, Killers, Godzilla, Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno, X-Men Days of Future Past, The Raid 2, John Wick, that third Hobbit movie. Even stuff with a lot of problems like Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better than Winter Soldier, at least Amazing Spider-Man 2 has moments.

BANNED

Looks good.In the comics I've always thought Apocalypse was a rather crappy villain that people tried really hard to make seem menacing with limited success, so I can't say I have any particular anticipation at seeing him on film. Still, Oscar Issac is a good actor who's good at playing creeps and bad guys, so I'm optimistic. I thought the scene of him growing looked kind of goofy, honestly, but since I assume that fight between him and Xavier takes place on the psychic plane and that he doesn't actually physically expand, it works. I hate Storm's mohawk look. Always have, always will. So are they going to explain the relationship between Cyclops and Havok in this one? Because Lucas Till looks a bit young to be Cyclops' dad, but considering that it takes place at least 20 years after First Class, if they're bothers, then their parents must have started pretty young or else Scott was a very lat surprise (or maybe Dad got around in his later years). Loved the last scene. McAvoy bald actually looks more like comic book Xavier to me than Stewart did.

BANNED

I'm actually really surprised how much bald McAvoy looks like Xavier.

BANNED

Lunacy is saying Captain America The Winter Soldier is a great film, or that the directors of it are in some way great. Winter Soldier isn't even on the best action films of last year, that shit gets blown away by stuff like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow, Dead Snow 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Guest, Interstellar, Killers, Godzilla, Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno, X-Men Days of Future Past, The Raid 2, John Wick, that third Hobbit movie. Even stuff with a lot of problems like Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better than Winter Soldier, at least Amazing Spider-Man 2 has moments.
    Now you ARE just trollin'. Amazing Spider-Man 2 wasn't even in the same class as Winter Soldier. Winter Soldier was a game changer for Marvel. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a big enough failure as a film that Sony felt the need to make a deal with Marvel that is now allowing Marvel to have Spider-Man in their films, and giving Marvel Creative Control over the future Spider-Man films, which will now be Cannon for the MCU.

Everyone has their opinions but Winter Soldier was the best and imo only really good movie the MCU has put out

Mighty Member

I thought the original director quit and Cameron just offered to finish the film (which was close to being done anyways). he was in the special effects department, IIRC. I remember reading that the scenes he did direct mostly didn't make it into the final film because the producer wasn't satisfied with his work.

honestly, I didn't think "Piranha 2" was that bad for the time. I didn't like it as much as Aja's 2010 film... but I enjoyed it the one and only time I saw it 25+ years ago. (I expected it to be kinda stupid, so it met all of my low expectations)

Yeah I'm surprised this is even up for debate. ASM2 being better that WS? Even if ASM2 had "moments", its complete absurdity from beginning to end puts it just above the 2015 FF flick. WS was polished and entertaining.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Wow, yea I agree with WS being a far superior film (and had better action) than ANY moment in any of the Fox X movies. Simbob4000 must have entirely different standards than most people when it comes to judging great action. Im not even entirely sure if he is being serious...? There has not been a single moment in the X-Men movies concerning "action" that warranted me wanting to rewatch the scenes again. WS did that more than once.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

The fact is, the majority of viewers and critics alike think CA: Winter Soldier was an incredible movie.
    Last edited by RikWriter; 12-11-2015 at 06:19 PM.