Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    There's no scope, .
    This a massive film with destruction taking place all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They are not costumes, just armor. These are the X-uniforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negaso...In_other_media

This is like saying the black "costume" Daredevil wore for most of the season was uninspired and bland. Or Magneto's silver helmet in First a Class was uninspired and bland.

Get what I'm saying?
    No. Them being armor in universe doesn't exclude them being one of the movie's costumes and from having to look good or bad. Magneto's helmet looked good and it was just a helmet. What they are wearing now is rather disappointing given that they were willing to acknowledge the existence of colour in First Class.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No. Them being armor in universe doesn't exclude them being one of the movie's costumes and from having to look good or bad. Magneto's helmet looked good and it was just a helmet. What they are wearing now is rather disappointing given that they were willing to acknowledge the existence of colour in First Class.
    Moira is also shown wearing that armor and there is a complete lack of X symbols on them. So I don't think they are meant to be X-costumes, but rather military gear provided by Moira. That and Bryan Singer's comment.

In X-Men: First Class, which I produced and wrote the story for, we hark back to the original colors of the original costumes from the 1963 comics. I will say that in X-Men: Apocalypse, there is a chance - without giving anything away - that you may get closer to seeing what I think, Mr. X-Men News, you are interested in seeing. I know it’s something that I’ve been interested in, I just always wanted to do it the right way.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bryan...pse-72590.html

However, I do believe these will be saved for the last shot of the movie. Much like Magneto's red outfit in First Class and Logan's costume in The Wolverine(before it got cut).
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-15-2015 at 05:11 PM.

They are not costumes, just armor. These are the X-uniforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negaso...In_other_media

This is like saying the black "costume" Daredevil wore for most of the season was uninspired and bland. Or Magneto's silver helmet in First a Class was uninspired and bland.

Get what I'm saying?
    It doesn't matter if they are meant to look like armor, they are costumes, made by a staff of costume desginers, most of whom worked on DOFP, X-M1 and X-M2 (and Singer's Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    This a massive film with destruction taking place all over the world.
    Thankfully J. Law is working on it, fighting against those super-creative horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are meant to look like armor, they are costumes, made by a staff of costume desginers, most of whom worked on DOFP, X-M1 and X-M2 (and Singer's Superman).
    Well, people has been complaining about that the superheroes should more practical outfits, isnt it ?. So there you go.

Besides, my gut is telling me that Psylocke is only wear the leotard while she is working for Apocalypse, and once she is back to normal she is going to wear an armor like the rest.

Overall I thought it was okay I guess. Pretty meh actually. Need to see more before I can fully say whter I'll want to see it in theaters or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic. I really liked X-Men: Days of Future Past and I am on board with the direction the franchise is headed with the newly cast Cyclops, Jean and Storm. The only thing giving me pause about this one is the amount of Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique I saw in the trailer. Can we get a movie that doesn't revolve around her or Wolverine - please? Other than that, I liked what I saw. Apocalypse looks much better in here than he did in previously release video.
    I'd love to see a movie like that as well! But I think it's a long shot. Fox seems to always cater to the actor/actress that is the most popular or the biggest name so they focused on Hugh Jackman's Wolverine in the past and have now focused on J-Law's character in the present. It's a nasty trait that ensures that th actual X-Men will only ever be serving as supporting characters in their own movies that focus on different disparate characters. At this point we'll get a bunch of Slipstream solo films disguised as X-Men movies if they happen to cast someone like Chris Pine as Slipstream.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Where's the "I want Jennifer Lawrence AWAY from this franchise!" option?
    Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    Loved it. Only hated one thing: JLaw. Go away! Stay away from this franchise! You would've been better off playing Rogue since you're incapable of playing mysterious, edgy and dark.

As for people complaining it didn't show anything new... Well if it had shown new stuff, people would then complain it showed too much. I found it just right since I get turned off when they show too much ala BvsS.
    Yup, she really has overstayed her welcome in FoX-Men

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I'm willing to give it a chance. Though it should be interesting to see with Mystique leading the X-men (at least that's what I go from the trailer) works out. Mind you I can't help but roll my eyes as Magneto joins Apoc. Oh Erik do you never ever learn anything.
    Who's to say that Mags is doing it out of his own free will? From what I saw in the trailer it's entirely possible that he just might be under Big A's mind control or something. That was Big A's MO in the comics at least. Then again these FoX-Men movies are about as faithful to the X-Men comics as the Mutant X tv show so perhaps you have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Bof.
    Hope WB will pack actual awesomeness for the next trailers, I'd actuallly like to get excited for this movie...
    Right now, I can't say I am.
    Finger crossed we'll avoid the "Magneto-Xavier-Mystique and their friends" usual trend this time around.
    My fingers are crossed so hard I'll soon need a doctor to straighten them out again

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Eh no. The blue skin was always stupid.
    I don't know. It served as a good visual cue to show which side was i control any given time and allowed more differentiation between Angel and Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    Sigh... I am so tired of all this, and it makes me begrudgingly admit that Disney has at least gotten one thing right in their marvel movies. The title heroes are actually the feature of the movies! Why has that never been the case with any of the X-movies? The X-Men, the actual team of superheroes, are always the side characters in their own movies. They get minimal introduction, almost no backstory and about as much character depth as a kiddie pool. Most of the movies have only focused on Wolverine(who is generally a half-there outsider among them, who for "reasons" becomes the ultimate X-man), Professor Xavier(Who yes, is the head of the school and the founder and mentor of the team, but spotlighting him in a superhero movie is like watching a football game with the camera focused on the coach through most of the action), Magneto(a villain, and granted the prime villain, and antithesis of Xavier, but still should not be getting more exposition then all the title heroes combined) and Mystique(Who before these movies started WAS NEVER ON THE TEAM IN COMICS! Yes was always a villain or a shady on and off ally at best, and even since can't really be trusted. But because of these damn movies she is the First Lady of X-Men.) Now what kind of job did any of these movies do to actually flesh out the rest of mutantkind? And yes, I get it. The X-men is a long and bloated institution of too many characters to truly feature them all. But to keep focusing on the four "sorta x-men" while paying almost no focus to the core team members is a travesty.

Seriously, beyond these four characters what X-man has gotten any real exposition or motivation? Even Jean Grey was just sort of "mysteriously evil" all of a sudden for their version of the Dark Phoenix, with almost no true explanation of what the hell was going on, or what drove her to crazy kill mode. As for her significant other(and no I don't mean the century old guy who gave her creepy stalker eyes and hit on her even though she was in a relationship), Cyclops is probably the most dicked over character in the entire franchise. He's just 'there'... being 'strict bland guy', until Jean dies and he switches gears to mopey worthless guy who dies without doing anything of interest or use. Personally.. I don't even care for Cyclops and I feel sorry for him. The leader of the team, the burdened backbone of Xavier's dream, and the stalwart rock the core X-men always tied, and yes the man Jean loved, and we saw none of that! Throughout all the movies we got snippets of his boring high school life and minute captivity in mutant lock up in Wolverine origins, and some dry scenes of him being Hugh Jackman's straightman. Everything of his orphanage upbringing after losing his parents, Havok being his YOUNGER brother, rather then some older guy from the first class, his actual leadership skills, any scenes of actual affection or humanity between him and Jean or anyone that matter, its all gone, so that he can be an uninteresting butt to the joke of Wolverine being the cool guy coming in and taking his place. And that's how the LEADER of the team the movie is named for gets treated. The rest are just as lamely underwhelming. And even as I see in this new movie that the actual core team is finally being reintroduced after two movies set in the past before the modern era X-men even existed, after completely twisting and deforming the history of the entire franchise and still seeming to fall way short of fixing how badly they already messed up this universe, they are finally going to portray core X-Men being brought up to work in the field, offering them a chance to be fleshed out. And yet... when I watch this teaser all I can think is..... This is just another J-Law movie. Again, Mystique, the one who was never an X-Man, is the headliner in the damn movie! The rest are just there for window dressing, and to follow her orders. I really won't be surprised when this movie is just about a handful of non x-men once more.

I long ago gave up on the idea of a good X-men movie though. Deadpool and Gambit may be my last hopes of seeing Fox not suck at life. Ryan.. Channing.... You have your work cut out for you.
    Wow, you really went all out. I would have probably wrote something similar if I still had the passion and energy for the X-Men that I used to have. Unfortunately I don't so thanks for putting my thoughts to words! Couldn't really agree with you on this any more than this. Especially your metaphor about how putting the focus on Xavier is like focusing on the coach in a game is really well put!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    what are you on about? all of the a-list x-men are starring in this except rogue (who just got her own dvd release) and wolverine. wolverine will probably show up.

xavier, magneto, mystique, cyclop, jean, storm, nightcrawler, beast, havoc, jubilee, moira mactaggart, quicksilver, and archangel are all starring in this film.
    Much like the previous films this looks to be starring Xavier, Magneto and Mystiques (not sure about Wolverine's role yet). None of them are actually active X-Men. The actual X-Men like Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Jubilee, etc. havemostly been supporting characters, not the actual stars of these films. I certainly hope that this'll change soon but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet based solely on this trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Read....poster is saying the core x-men minus Wolverine and Xavier are woefully underdeveloped. Which is true its been 5 movies going into 6? Who here wants to argue that Scott, Jean, Ororo, etc have been well developed or utilized? I am not even a Cyclops fan but we havent seen him be the tactical/strategic genius that he is in the comics even once. Jean went Dark because? Storm developed hell no and her powers are super nerfed. Rogue whiny the whole time never kick butt.

I cant believe i complained about Wolverine sucking up the screen time in the first X-Trilogy at least he is a real x-men unlike Mystique. It shouldnt take to the third X-trilogy to actually get the real x-men some solid character development.
    Agreed

what sort of deep development are you expecting from an ensemble film this size? it's not as if they all have solo films to do the hard work for them...
    Probably any kind of development would be welcome at this point.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 12-16-2015 at 06:53 PM.

to each his own i suppose. i found the civil war trailer to be very limp and lifeless. and while i did enjoy the batman v superman trailer immensely, the trailer for apocalypse has hit me on many good emotional levels. but then again, i came up in the x-men through the jim lee era and the cartoon. and this is like the animated series brought to life. my heart cheered many times in this preview and i cannot wait to view. and when beast said "the world needs the x-men," i believed in him. i am more excited for apocalypse than any other film of 2016.

the only thing that could possibly make this preview trailer more perfect is charles saying "to me my x-men." if that happen in the actual film, i will probably scream with joy.
    I don't think that it's simply because you're a fan of the Jim Lee era since I've read and liked stuff from that era as well and I grew up watching TAS, which actually introduced me to X-Men and I can say that TAS this ain't. TAS was far more fatihful to comics than the FoX-Men films have ever been and even TAS took some liberties from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Trailer looked okay.

The young actors all look great, and I'm confident they'll breathe new life into those characters.
    As much as I love Jlaw and Fassbender, I would've preferred it if they warmed the bench in this movie.
    The Fox X-men franchise continues to eschew the comic book continuity in favor of the messy-but-hopefully-entertaining remix, which was fine in the beginning when it worked but by now is getting irksome.
    (I'm at the point where I would prefer yellow spandex)
    My feelings exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I would like to get a little more personal insight on why certain characters joined the X-men and continued to be with them. It just seems that backstory is missing. I still don't know why Storm is a X-man so little is known about her and the others what really drives them to be X-men is what i want to know. They have done a excellent job of presenting why Mystique is central in the movies. I understand the X-men have alot of characters but we should at least have more insight on core X-men Cyke,Jean,Storm.
    I think they should have done solo Mystique Magneto and ProfX origin movies that would have been a trilogy highlighting their history. The main X-films could then center around the x-men and still have those 3 as central players.
    I kind of like this idea.

Moira is also shown wearing that armor and there is a complete lack of X symbols on them. So I don't think they are meant to be X-costumes, but rather military gear provided by Moira. That and Bryan Singer's comment.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bryan...pse-72590.html

However, I do believe these will be saved for the last shot of the movie. Much like Magneto's red outfit in First Class and Logan's costume in The Wolverine(before it got cut).
    Or how they only revealed the red Gen X costumes in the final scene of Generation X movie, LoL

Spectacular Member

I think it's just too bad that there wasn't an idea for an Apocalypse War II from this sequence of film(s) since the only X-Men character that truly has beaten the crap out of Apocalpse a few times was (wait for it folks) PHOENIX. (:

Spectacular Member

I truly loved this trailer, I cannot wait for more, I actually think that DOFP was indeed if not The BEST SuperHero film that I've seen thus far, it comes in a very close second if not tied for first place, but BVS also looks too be quite interesting, we shall all see what happens with the subsequent box office receipts for a true rendering as too what film(s) folks will really enjoy most in 2016. (:

In terms of trailer rankings I got it.

SW >> IDR> Civil War >> X-men >>>>>>>>Bats/Supes

Deadpool ranks above IDR but I know I'm too biased to count that.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 12-16-2015 at 06:30 PM.

BANNED

Nothing wrong with some armor.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

It was okay, but I think it needed something more to get people talking I imagine that they've saving most of the exciting pieces for later but I was disappointed Psylocke didn't have an action scene nor Jean I'm waiting for a X-film where the X-men gets to go all out and while I thoroughly enjoyed X-men: DOFP I'm not sure that Fox is ever going to have an X-film at the caliber they deserve!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    I don't know. It served as a good visual cue to show which side was i control any given time and allowed more differentiation between Angel and Archangel.
    That's the grey skin from his more recent x-force look, before then he didn't shapeshift. He was just a normal in control, with wings, blonde hair and blue skin for the entire 90s. Not every artist pulled the look off.

Astonishing Member

I liked blue archangel but there are just too many blue people in the movie already, lol.