Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It depends on who you ask.

Many fans (mostly under 30) consider Geoff Johns' New 52 run to be "their" definitive Aquaman. However Peter David's run is absolutely definitive if you were reading comics in the 90's.
    90s mainstream comics aren't usually my favourites but I have the same thing with the Hulk most people have with Aquaman. Everyone swears Planet Hulk is the bees knees an the best Hulk story but I've found it a chore to read and pretty mediocre overall while PAD's Hulk was awesome (haven't read much though but what I've read I really enjoyed). So I'm very curious about his Aquaman.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

PAD's Aquaman avoids most of the 90's tropes people tend to be turned off by. Minus the hook hand and occasionally nasty attitude. I highly recommend it.

The Atlantis Chronicles is a prelude of sorts; not really crucial to read, but makes for some satisfying easter eggs down the road.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    90s mainstream comics aren't usually my favourites but I have the same thing with the Hulk most people have with Aquaman. Everyone swears Planet Hulk is the bees knees an the best Hulk story but I've found it a chore to read and pretty mediocre overall while PAD's Hulk was awesome (haven't read much though but what I've read I really enjoyed). So I'm very curious about his Aquaman.
    Should I read Atlantis chronicles before or after?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Probably best before, it came out first and details the history of Atlantis, which is brought up at points throughout David’s run. But both can be read independently.

Astonishing Member

Before. Some of the plot points in Atlantis Chronicles are referenced in PAD's Aquaman run.

I would also highly recommend Atlantis Chronicles, not just to Aquaman fans and PAD fans, but to everyone. It is a truly epic story with amazing art. It's a shame it took this long to get a collection.

All-New Member

Quick question.

I saw I previews and on Amazon they were reprinting the Johns JSA run in TPB, should I put some money aside to get the omnibi or place my order on the first paperback now?

Depends on which format you like more. I have preordered the new paperback.

Spectacular Member

I was gonna buy the one volume edition of under the red hood but a friend told me the final page of batman 650 isn’t printed.
    Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know why?
    Thanks

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    I was gonna buy the one volume edition of under the red hood but a friend told me the final page of batman 650 isn’t printed.
    Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know why?
    Thanks
    I can confirm the page is missing, its one of multiple versions of Batman that ties into Infinite Crisis that happened immediately after issue 650 (651 then starts as part of the "One Year Later" time jump)

Here is the page in question http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lld3i5YsI01qc138i.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I can confirm the page is missing, its one of multiple versions of Batman that ties into Infinite Crisis that happened immediately after issue 650 (651 then starts as part of the "One Year Later" time jump)

Here is the page in question http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lld3i5YsI01qc138i.jpg
    Ahh right I see. I’ve never read the story before, it doesn’t take away or make the ending kind of abrupt does it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Ahh right I see. I’ve never read the story before, it doesn’t take away or make the ending kind of abrupt does it?
    No problem, it doesn't really affect it as its just Batman yelling Jason's name (and if you haven't read Infinite Crisis its just confusing as to why theirs a load of different Batmans!), the second to last page IIRC has the "time altering" waves which were from IC but the story between Batman/Jason & The Joker gets mostly resolved (without spoiling the ending) and you can read it without the final page without a problem.

Hope this helps!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    No problem, it doesn't really affect it as its just Batman yelling Jason's name (and if you haven't read Infinite Crisis its just confusing as to why theirs a load of different Batmans!), the second to last page IIRC has the "time altering" waves which were from IC but the story between Batman/Jason & The Joker gets mostly resolved (without spoiling the ending) and you can read it without the final page without a problem.

Hope this helps!
    That's great, thanks for clearing up the confusion!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Egg_Chef View Post
    Quick question.

I saw I previews and on Amazon they were reprinting the Johns JSA run in TPB, should I put some money aside to get the omnibi or place my order on the first paperback now?
    It depends on how much of a completist you are. The TPBs are skipping straight to JSA #1, while the omnibus also collects the "Justice Society Returns" event masterminded by Robinson and Goyer, which led into the ongoing series.

I got the Adam Strange Archives Vol. 1 and 2 from my library. I just started Vol. 2 last night.

These are great, but I would like to read a more modern take on the character. I did a google search and found a couple reading order. It seems like Planet Heist would be a good place to start. Or maybe Man of Two Worlds?

If I wanted to read the Rann_Thanagar War, would i be lost without any knowledge of Infinite Crisis or Hawkman? Hawkman is on my list of characters i would like to read anyway. So maybe i could look up an "essential" reading list for him as well.

Thanks for everyone's help here with my random DC questions.

I got the Adam Strange Archives Vol. 1 and 2 from my library. I just started Vol. 2 last night.

These are great, but I would like to read a more modern take on the character. I did a google search and found a couple reading order. It seems like Planet Heist would be a good place to start. Or maybe Man of Two Worlds?

If I wanted to read the Rann_Thanagar War, would i be lost without any knowledge of Infinite Crisis or Hawkman? Hawkman is on my list of characters i would like to read anyway. So maybe i could look up an "essential" reading list for him as well.

Thanks for everyone's help here with my random DC questions.
    For Hawkman, it's good timing, because DC started putting out thick trades of Geoff Johns' Hawkman run! Vol 1 is out now, and as far as I'm aware Vol. 2 (which should be the last) has not been solicited yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Hawkman-Geoff...an+geoff+johns