Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Top of my wishlist for new DC collected editions:

THE COMPLETE GRANT MORRISON ACTION COMICS

Collecting Action Comics #1 vol 2 through Action Comics #19 vol 2 (including Action Comics #0 vol 2) in a single edition, either softcover or hardcover.

440 pages in a single edition is not impossible. And with the ultimate fate of the New52 Superman concluded, it would be a great way to remember Nuperman's best run.

Top of my wishlist would be something out of the vast myriad of great material that has never been collected in any format before.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Top of my wishlist for new DC collected editions:

THE COMPLETE GRANT MORRISON ACTION COMICS

Collecting Action Comics #1 vol 2 through Action Comics #19 vol 2 (including Action Comics #0 vol 2) in a single edition, either softcover or hardcover.

440 pages in a single edition is not impossible. And with the ultimate fate of the New52 Superman concluded, it would be a great way to remember Nuperman's best run.
    I think as a whole, Morrison's Action comics is pretty great. I think everyone was just expecting more All Star Superman level content. So when they didn't receive that, they were disappointed. Being written by Morrison, I'm sure it will see the light of day as an Absolute Edition, eventually.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Just some wishes that won't ever happen...
    1-DC to finish collecting the Huntress backups from Wonder Woman that ran during the early 80s. There's about 25 issues worth of 8 page back ups left.
    2-More likely but still a stretch would be the Supergirl serial that ran in Superman Family in the 70s.
    3-Even less likely would be the Black Orchid runs from Adventure Comics 428-430 and then the back ups from Phantom Stranger from 31, 32, 35,36, 38-41.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

My top picks id'd love to see are:

1) Fury of Firestorm - including the Flash back up strips then going into the ongoing series with Pat Broderick art.
    2) Phil Jiminez Wonder Woman run in one fat Tpb.
    3) finish off the bloody Shade the Changing Man run.
    4) More Swamp Thing, especially the Nancy Collins run
    5) resolicit the Man of Tomorrow hc as a fat tpb, then continue releasing them in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post

1) Fury of Firestorm - including the Flash back up strips then going into the ongoing series with Pat Broderick art.
    5) resolicit the Man of Tomorrow hc as a fat tpb, then continue releasing them in order.
    Can I pick your brain as to what makes Nancy A. Collins run stand out for you?

Incredible Member

This! Also I hope they will release the post-Byrne stuff quicker than the Byrne Man of Steel trades that took 10 years to come out!

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Can I pick your brain as to what makes Nancy A. Collins run stand out for you?
    I was heavily into the Vertigo line at the time, and had been following Swamp Thing during Rick Veitch's run, but really hated the Grey storyline and nearly dropped it.

But when NAC came on board I really enjoyed her take on it and the shake up of Alec and Abbie and the introduction of Lady Jane. Also felt the art was excellent, and what's not to love about Zombie Pirates before Disney ever got the idea lol

I haven't read the run in a long, long time so it may not hold up on a revisit but it'll always be a treasured run for me.

Cheers
    Paul

I was heavily into the Vertigo line at the time, and had been following Swamp Thing during Rick Veitch's run, but really hated the Grey storyline and nearly dropped it.

But when NAC came on board I really enjoyed her take on it and the shake up of Alec and Abbie and the introduction of Lady Jane. Also felt the art was excellent, and what's not to love about Zombie Pirates before Disney ever got the idea lol

I haven't read the run in a long, long time so it may not hold up on a revisit but it'll always be a treasured run for me.

Cheers
    Paul
    That's fair. It's definitely not bad, certainly better than Doug Wheeler's run (which was more boring and took too long). But NAC run is pretty flawed as well, but at least she keeps it interesting and fresh, by adding things like Lady Jane.

Spectacular Member

I don't want to instill TOO much false optimism, but maybe the Azrael trades aren't being cancelled, just delayed.
    Although you can't find it in the Amazon US site anymore, it's still a current listing in Amazon UK for preorder in July. It also notes that it can be shipped to the USA.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Azrael-TP-V.../dp/1401265472

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    This! Also I hope they will release the post-Byrne stuff quicker than the Byrne Man of Steel trades that took 10 years to come out!
    Seriously! I checked the Amazon listings and its crazy how the first few have that old black and white logo. Some are OOP I think. It would be a good opportunity to to give Supes an omnibus set.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Totally agree with all of these!

Although a single book for the Jimenez WW run would make for the fattest TPB of all time! I think it'd be better in 2-3 smaller volumes...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Warlord, the Grell artwork was magical and it has never been reprinted, except for one volume of Showcase, but I want it in color.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Totally agree with all of these!

Although a single book for the Jimenez WW run would make for the fattest TPB of all time! I think it'd be better in 2-3 smaller volumes...
    #164-#188 is already 24 issues. Secret Files #2&3, and worlds at War make 27 issues. And I assume they would want to lump together the Donna Troy 4 issues with the WW, Donna Troy special together. Probably in a single trade too. Overall, at about 12/13 issues per trade, two would knock it out, and greatly complete a great gap in Wonder Woman's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    #164-#188 is already 24 issues. Secret Files #2&3, and worlds at War make 27 issues. And I assume they would want to lump together the Donna Troy 4 issues with the WW, Donna Troy special together. Probably in a single trade too. Overall, at about 12/13 issues per trade, two would knock it out, and greatly complete a great gap in Wonder Woman's history.
    Isn't some of Jimenez' run divided in Paradise Lost and Paradise Found? I'd love a proper volume, though, I have been hunting several individual issues in comic stores.

Byrne's run is gonna be recollected in May, how does Byrne get a proper recollection before Phil?