Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Just got an email from DCBS that both Byrne's Man of Steel Vol. 9 and PAD's Supergirl Book 1 have been canceled! It says they'll be resolicited at a later date, but this is the second time the Supergirl book has been delayed/canceled, and we've already been waiting years for Mos Vol. 9!?

I hate to sound paranoid, but I can't help but think that this has something to do with the fact that both of these books feature Matrix, and not Kara "Star of CBS's hit show" Zor-El...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Did anyone else pick up Azrael: Fallen Angel this week?

I flipped through the only copy my LCS had, and the reproduction #1-7 (ongoing) is awful! The colors are super dark and muddy, nothing like my original issues that are boxed up somewhere. I pre-ordered it, so my copy is in the mail, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the shop just got a defective one.

This is a book that definitely should have been reprinted on matte paper, not glossy. Probably won't be picking up Vol. 2...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Did anyone else pick up Azrael: Fallen Angel this week?

I flipped through the only copy my LCS had, and the reproduction #1-7 (ongoing) is awful! The colors are super dark and muddy, nothing like my original issues that are boxed up somewhere. I pre-ordered it, so my copy is in the mail, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the shop just got a defective one.

This is a book that definitely should have been reprinted on matte paper, not glossy. Probably won't be picking up Vol. 2...
    That copy wasn't defective - I saw the same thing in the copy at my LCS. After bringing it up over on the MMW it was pointed out that the Azrael issues on the recent reprints of crossovers like NML, Contagion, and Cataclysm are similarly scanned-looking. So apparently something must've happened with that material and scans are all they have.

I compared to my original issues that I had bound and the colors are just like you described in comparison, even on issues that were originally on glossy paper. It's not as noticeable if you're only looking at those issues, but next to the original mini, which has great reproduction, the difference is more obvious.

Ugh, that's a bummer.

It's a shame people who buy this won't be able to enjoy Barry Kitson's awesomeness the way it's supposed to be...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    That copy wasn't defective - I saw the same thing in the copy at my LCS. After bringing it up over on the MMW it was pointed out that the Azrael issues on the recent reprints of crossovers like NML, Contagion, and Cataclysm are similarly scanned-looking. So apparently something must've happened with that material and scans are all they have.

I compared to my original issues that I had bound and the colors are just like you described in comparison, even on issues that were originally on glossy paper. It's not as noticeable if you're only looking at those issues, but next to the original mini, which has great reproduction, the difference is more obvious.
    I noticed the same thing in the first five or so issues of the new Superman Adventures collection. Which is weird because they have already collected those issues and
    they looked much better and not like they just scanned an old comic.

Even if you scan an old comic, I can't believe the technology isn't at a point where you can hardly tell.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Even if you scan an old comic, I can't believe the technology isn't at a point where you can hardly tell.
    I just don't think they care enough. There were very obvious things that they could have fixed in Photoshop-- dust and artifacts, especially in the black areas.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post

The issues in "Cataclysm" (with Bane) are really jarring after reading the good reproduction on the preceding issues - it really takes you out of the moment by how awful the scanning was

Its also weird because the scans of the Azrael series on readdc (https://www.readdcentertainment.com/...cs-series/5624) are actually pretty decent so why didnt they use those??

Incredible Member

Thinking about what else DC could release in this format, I would love to see the Hal Jordan Spectre series in TPB, we got Day of Judgement a few years ago but I'm interested in reading what happened to Hal before he came back in GL:Rebirth

Fantastic Member

when does the last y the last man fat tpb (vol 5) come out?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    when does the last y the last man fat tpb (vol 5) come out?
    Amazon reportedly has it shipping Aug. 16, 2016.

BANNED

Blackest Night with all its tie ins... i would throw my money at that. lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Thinking about what else DC could release in this format, I would love to see the Hal Jordan Spectre series in TPB, we got Day of Judgement a few years ago but I'm interested in reading what happened to Hal before he came back in GL:Rebirth
    Actually to join the Hal Jordan Spectre series I would love DC to release "Guy Gardner" & "Guy Gardner Warrior" in TPB to

Amazing Member

Does anyone of a list of the titles they are releasing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    Does anyone of a list of the titles they are releasing?
    The ones I know of are:

Batman Death in the Family (contains DITF & Lonely Place of Dying)
    Batman Knightfall 1-3
    Batman Contagion
    Batman Legacy (not officially announced yet but ghost listing was found some time ago)
    Batman Cataclysm
    Batman Road to No Mans Land 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Batman No Mans Land 1-4
    Bruce Wayne Murderer
    Bruce Wayne Fugitive
    Batman by Ed Brubaker 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Batman War Games 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Batman Hush (was previously released in 2 separate TPB's)
    Batman Under the Red Hood (contains Red Hood 1-2 that was published separately)

Nightwing 1-4
    Robin 1-3
    Azrael 1-2
    Birds of Prey 1-2
    The Flash by Morrison & Millar
    The Flash by Geoff Johns 1-3
    Gotham City Sirens 1-2 (originally released in 4 TPB's)
    Green Lantern Book 1 by Ron Marz (not out yet)
    Green Lantern Sinestro Corps War (contains vol 1&2 that were published separately)
    The Death & Return of Superman 1-5 (Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, Reign of the Supermen, Return of Superman, Doomsday)
    Superman & The Justice League 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Wonder Woman: War of the Gods

I hope that helps though I'm sure I've missed some!
    Last edited by JAG2045; 04-27-2016 at 07:59 AM.