Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Books of Magic is coming!

...right after I track down all the old collections, haha.

Astonishing Member

I'm getting really disappointed with DC for canceling collections I was looking forward to.

In the past few months they listed on Amazon:

Justice Society of America - the complete 90s series by Strazewski and Parabeck
    Icon - The first 20 or so issues by Dwayne McDuffie
    Justice League International - Breakdowns
    Green Lantern: Hal Jordan - Volume 2

For the Green Lantern, I can understand the cancelation in the wake of Gerard Jones's arrest. But the others really annoy me. For all the criticism Marvel gets, they rarely cancel listed titles. DC seems to list, and if the pre orders aren't strong enough, then cancel multiple times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'm getting really disappointed with DC for canceling collections I was looking forward to.

For the Green Lantern, I can understand the cancelation in the wake of Gerard Jones's arrest. But the others really annoy me. For all the criticism Marvel gets, they rarely cancel listed titles. DC seems to list, and if the pre orders aren't strong enough, then cancel multiple times a year.
    Rookie question? When books are cancelled do they ever come back around with them and re-solicit them again at a later date?
    Or is it once cancelled, most likely forever cancelled?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Rookie question? When books are cancelled do they ever come back around with them and re-solicit them again at a later date?
    Or is it once cancelled, most likely forever cancelled?
    Sometimes, it really depends. For example they solicited a Doctor Strange trade and axed that to be reoslicited..never heard back. They keep soliciting the Starman Omni v.3 and then axing it and again. Its happened about 3 times now, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Sometimes, it really depends. For example they solicited a Doctor Strange trade and axed that to be reoslicited..never heard back. They keep soliciting the Starman Omni v.3 and then axing it and again. Its happened about 3 times now, I believe.
    starman v3 is one of the most frustrating things ever. And if they are cancelling it because of the lack of preorders, that's a snake biting it's own tail or shooting yourself in the foot or something like that, because people are not preordering it since they know DC will just cancel it.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

JLI Breakdowns would have Gerard Jones' work too, the JLE issues.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

the past few months they listed on Amazon:

The JSA is still on track to be released, we were just talking about it in another thread, I think they probably pushed back the release date to coincide with Rebirth or build Hype for it. But as for JLI and Hal Jordan volume 2, well, that really sucks, as I was really looking forward to having the Green Lantern vol 3. FINALLY published in collected trade. I literally just got vol 1 the other day ARRGGH!
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Hopes and Dreams? Superboy vol 2 (kon-el series) FINALLY collected in tpb, and it looks like I may get my wish Superboy and the LOSH.(preferably the entire Superboy run, but gosh, at this point I'll take what I can get lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    The JSA is still on track to be released, we were just talking about it in another thread, I think they probably pushed back the release date to coincide with Rebirth or build Hype for it. But as for JLI and Hal Jordan volume 2, well, that really sucks, as I was really looking forward to having the Green Lantern vol 3. FINALLY published in collected trade. I literally just got vol 1 the other day ARRGGH!
    Yes, I'd love to read some GL outside of Geoff Johns.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Can you point me to the thread on the Justice Society release? I mainly depend on Amazon phishing to find out what's coming out in the future.

http://community.comicbookresources....tpb-what/page2
    Can you point me to the thread on the Justice Society release? I mainly depend on Amazon phishing to find out what's coming out in the future.
    Yeah someone just started a thread on this yesterday, should find some more info in here.

Astonishing Member

And I just got an e-mail from Amazon that Azrael Vol 2, Azrael Vol 3, and Legion Lost: The Complete Saga (with additional material from the previous collection) have all been indefinitely delayed.

Grrrrrrrr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    JLI Breakdowns would have Gerard Jones' work too, the JLE issues.
    Yes, but he only scripted about half the issues. Compared to the Green Lantern run where he was the sole writer.

It makes me wonder is the Mark Waid Flash Vol 2 is going to be affected. It is solicited with 3 issues of Jones written Green Lantern that crossed over with the Flash.

Yes, but he only scripted about half the issues. Compared to the Green Lantern run where he was the sole writer.

It makes me wonder is the Mark Waid Flash Vol 2 is going to be affected. It is solicited with 3 issues of Jones written Green Lantern that crossed over with the Flash.
    I bloody hope it won't ! DC is getting ridiculous with their cancellations and we are not talking about niche items like omnibuses, these chunky trades I'm pretty sure are a much safer bet and sell well in bookshops.
    Of course the cancellations involving Jones are understandable but when it effects other books it sort of seems like they re punishing others for Jones' crimes. Also if they cancel the Waid Flash line they probably anger a big portion of collectors.

Just picked up the new printings of the No Man's Land TPBs and was disappointed to see they all had the covers removed and collected in the back of the books rather than left with the relevant issues. Is this common for DC? Very annoying.