Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Hmmmm...... On one hand, there is a lot of good stuff listed on the upcoming catalog. On the other hand, DC cancels so many of their announced collections, that I don't want to get my hopes up.

I'm assuming that latest volumes of Green Arrow by Grell and Suicide Squad by Ostrander will come out no problem since there hasn't been a problem with the previous volumes. I'm hoping that Legionnaires Vol 2 means that Vol 1 is a lock and DC is committed to continuing the series. Although they did cancel the Azrael volumes after publishing volume 1 and listing 2 and 3.

The Atlantis Chronicles is one I've been waiting for, but I think that's the most likely to be cancelled.

LOSH by Abnett/Lanning and Shazam by Thomas were previously listed and cancelled. I'm not sure if DC has listed and cancelled collections multiple times. If not, then odds are good that we will finally see these.

Overall, I'm going to be skeptical of any listings until they actually hit the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Hmmmm...... On one hand, there is a lot of good stuff listed on the upcoming catalog. On the other hand, DC cancels so many of their announced collections, that I don't want to get my hopes up.

I'm assuming that latest volumes of Green Arrow by Grell and Suicide Squad by Ostrander will come out no problem since there hasn't been a problem with the previous volumes. I'm hoping that Legionnaires Vol 2 means that Vol 1 is a lock and DC is committed to continuing the series. Although they did cancel the Azrael volumes after publishing volume 1 and listing 2 and 3.

The Atlantis Chronicles is one I've been waiting for, but I think that's the most likely to be cancelled.

LOSH by Abnett/Lanning and Shazam by Thomas were previously listed and cancelled. I'm not sure if DC has listed and cancelled collections multiple times. If not, then odds are good that we will finally see these.

Overall, I'm going to be skeptical of any listings until they actually hit the shops.
    They ways run a chance of getting axed, but I'm optimistic. Aquaman's profile is about to be raised by the film, and the Atlantis Chronicles is one of the best stories and by Peter David! I'm not sure about the rush to Deluxe HC, but with his Supergirl actually being released, his Aquaman is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    I CALLED IT

Attachment 46668

So hyped for this and so glad I waited a couple extra days. So many great books solicited as well including Flash by Johns Book 4 and Flash by Waid Book 3.
    Do you think DC will actually collect ALL 3 OMNI'S into fat, chunky trades? Or just do a couple and quit?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Looks like they kind announced the a new Johns JSA Book One.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...d=5&savecook=1
    Whoop. Whoop. Whoop. Gotta save up now!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Do you think DC will actually collect ALL 3 OMNI'S into fat, chunky trades? Or just do a couple and quit?
    It depends. The John's Flash was collected into three Omni's and they have 3 fat trades down, with the 4th coming up, and the 5th volume will match the third Omni. I think if it was another writer, they'd give up. Being that its GEOFF JOHNS, it'll probably be all released.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

I also think the Atlantis Chronicles is a sure thing . This will definitely be the beginning of DC collecting David's run on Aquaman as they will need some good Aquaman collections for the film. I knew this was going to happen as I ve been filling in my gaps on that run to have it custom bound. Same thing with Knight fall. Although for that one I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger as DC is never going to collect all of it. Lol
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Its on there as Well. I can't believe it includes not only the original run, and the retconned crossovers where he "cures" himself, but also the never before published Pasko run! Sure the Pasko run is pretty boring, but still!!!
    Dude I have a soft spot for the Martin Pasko/Tom Yeates run as I read those in reprints before I ever came across the Wein/Wrightson series, I just want everything collected so I can do away with my single issues.

Incredible Member

Really glad the Kyle Rayner & Anarky books are finally coming out along with Balent Catwoman and more Robin & Waid Flash.

Now if only they could uncancel Azrael 2 & 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    I also think the Atlantis Chronicles is a sure thing . This will definitely be the beginning of DC collecting David's run on Aquaman as they will need some good Aquaman collections for the film. I knew this was going to happen as I ve been filling in my gaps on that run to have it custom bound. Same thing with Knight fall. Although for that one I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger as DC is never going to collect all of it. Lol
    Agreed. I just told a co worker they were collecting it (they read floppies) and he was really excited, and mentioned what a great run it was. It'll start here and probably depending on sales, which I'm sure will be solid, well get the full run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Dude I have a soft spot for the Martin Pasko/Tom Yeates run as I read those in reprints before I ever came across the Wein/Wrightson series, I just want everything collected so I can do away with my single issues.
    I just love how clumsy the first few issues are. Someone attacks Swamp Thing, so he pushes them, they trip and fall down a massive schism. Swampy is now a murder and more come after him. Its hilarious.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Complete the Giffen/DeMatties Justice League run. I think they were less than half way through when it stopped.
    The Justice Society by Strazewski and Parobeck
    L.E.G.I.O.N
    Legion of Super Heroes (5 years later)
    Legion of Super Heroes (Zero Hour Reboot)

and many, many more
    I believe the Justice Society is coming; but I'd like to support the Legion calls, especially 5 years later.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    The underrated sci-fi series Atari Force
    Heck, yeah! Some wonderful artwork to be found there. I would imagine there would be issues with Atari, however.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Me too. I have a soft spot for that run, mostly for his artwork, and he's the only other post-Crisis WW writer I would probably buy.

Speaking of post-Crisis WW, where the hell is that second big trade for Rucka's first run? I haven't see it listed.
    Just popped up in the DC's latest solicitations, set for June 5th.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 03-20-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamxl5 View Post
    Heck, yeah! Some wonderful artwork to be found there. I would imagine there would be issues with Atari, however.
    I think at this point, it would be in name only. And honestly, Atari as a gaming company isn't really around anymore I think its still a legal thing, that DC doesn't even want to bother with

Incredible Member

JAck Kirby's THE DEMON is going to be tpb'd in October!! Great cause the hardcover collection from a few years ago is crazy expensive!! I'll definately pick it up.