Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I know that a lot of the Image creators have lost artwork from the 90s era and it was due to the digital files types that were used for inks or colours back then becoming corrupted over time.
    Maybe its a similar issue at DC?
    I definitely understand this, but here's what gets me: It just seems like it's the less popular books that it happened to. The staples like Batman and Detective Comics still look crisp in the collections. It's only "B list" books like Shadow of the Bat and Azrael, etc, that appear scanned. Although Catwoman by Balent is sure to be corny and the artwork very...boobesque...I'm interested in picking it up for nostalgia's sake. Given that it was also a "B list" book, I just hope it's also not given the scanned treatment. Either way I'll probably check it out, but it would be nice if they had better material to reprint with. For now I'll just be grateful that DC is FINALLY reprinting some of their 90s era stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    I definitely understand this, but here's what gets me: It just seems like it's the less popular books that it happened to. The staples like Batman and Detective Comics still look crisp in the collections. It's only "B list" books like Shadow of the Bat and Azrael, etc, that appear scanned. Although Catwoman by Balent is sure to be corny and the artwork very...boobesque...I'm interested in picking it up for nostalgia's sake. Given that it was also a "B list" book, I just hope it's also not given the scanned treatment. Either way I'll probably check it out, but it would be nice if they had better material to reprint with. For now I'll just be grateful that DC is FINALLY reprinting some of their 90s era stuff!
    Thats true. They're finally reprinting it, at the cost of a much lower image quality. I suppose its up to an individual to decide if thats worth it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmreyn View Post
    Either way I'll probably check it out, but it would be nice if they had better material to reprint with. For now I'll just be grateful that DC is FINALLY reprinting some of their 90s era stuff!
    I feel the same, I'm glad DC are reprinting this stuff even if its not the best quality. I'm sure that the only way we would get this stuff reprinted!

Incredible Member

Couple of new 90's trades came out this week, here are the contents:

The Flash By Mark Waid vol 2 - same glossy paper as before with all covers before issues

Flash 69-79
    Flash Annual 6
    GL 30-31 & 40 (The "Gorilla Warfare" issues and "Return of Barry Allen" crossover)
    Story from JL Quarterly 10 - This is listed on both the inside cover & back cover but I couldn't see it while glancing through the TPB. Could anyone confirm if its included?
    Afterword by Waid from 1993

Young Justice Vol 1 - glossy paper with covers before issues
    Young Justice 1-7
    Young Justice 1 Million
    World Without Grownups 1-2
    Secret Origins 80 page giant 1
    Young Justice: The Secret
    Young Justice Secret Files 1

Astonishing Member

Good News! The Flash by Mark Waid Volume 2 has been released and it does include the 3 crossover issues of Green Lantern.

There was some worrying that all Gerard Jones issues would be left out, leaving incomplete stories. So there is hope for future JLI releases if Jones is not the main writer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Couple of new 90's trades came out this week, here are the contents:

The Flash By Mark Waid vol 2 - same glossy paper as before with all covers before issues

Flash 69-79
    Flash Annual 6
    GL 30-31 & 40 (The "Gorilla Warfare" issues and "Return of Barry Allen" crossover)
    Story from JL Quarterly 10 - This is listed on both the inside cover & back cover but I couldn't see it while glancing through the TPB. Could anyone confirm if its included?
    Afterword by Waid from 1993

Young Justice Vol 1 - glossy paper with covers before issues
    Young Justice 1-7
    Young Justice 1 Million
    World Without Grownups 1-2
    Secret Origins 80 page giant 1
    Young Justice: The Secret
    Young Justice Secret Files 1
    Its in there, but not the entire issue. There's also no cover for it inside. Its after issue #70

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Good News! The Flash by Mark Waid Volume 2 has been released and it does include the 3 crossover issues of Green Lantern.

There was some worrying that all Gerard Jones issues would be left out, leaving incomplete stories. So there is hope for future JLI releases if Jones is not the main writer.
    Well have to wait and see. Jones isn't credited anywhete outside the cover title

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Fine with me.

If that's what DC has to do to get that JLI Breakdowns trade released, so be it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Peter Gross tweeted a picture of his comp copies for the first Books of Magic big trade, out in late May.

I've never read any of this series, but I like Gross' work, so I'll give the first book a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Peter Gross tweeted a picture of his comp copies for the first Books of Magic big trade, out in late May.

I've never read any of this series, but I like Gross' work, so I'll give the first book a shot.
    Good looking books. Glad to see they didnt cancel these or anything.

Do these have glossy pages or the newspaper type?

I have read good things about this series and might be interested.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    Do these have glossy pages or the newspaper type?

I have read good things about this series and might be interested.
    Not sure yet, as it hasn't been released. I'm hoping for matte...

Kinda bummed they didn't go with the classic logo, though. I've always loved that one.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

The recent Lucifer, Hellblazer, Sandman Mystery Theatre and Doom Patrol fat TBPs are all matte, so tradition would dictate that Vertigo will publish the Books of Magic in matte too. But time will truly tell.

well, seems like that's it for the Sandman Mystery Theatre line:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...e-collections/

excuse me while I turn myself into a mushroom cloud of anger and despair...

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balakin View Post
    well, seems like that's it for the sandman mystery theatre line:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...e-collections/

excuse me while i turn myself into a mushroom cloud of anger and despair...
    aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Dc wtf!!!!!!