Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Plus 1 from me too.

Also wished they finished off Shade the Changing Man, and reprinted The Dreaming too,
    Sadly I think the poor sales of SMT means no chance for Shade. Though with the new Shade the Changing Girl book...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Sadly I think the poor sales of SMT means no chance for Shade. Though with the new Shade the Changing Girl book...who knows.
    That sure would be great to see shade again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Sandman Mystery Theatre – books #3-6
    The Spectre – books #3-6

They even had artwork and everything for SMT 3 done....sob.

It's still on Amazon with a July 4th release date too. It'd be great if the "cancellation" wasn't actually true.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I can't believe that a house of secrets omnibus exists but they've failed to collect smt twice. Also shade.

The Dark Knight

A re-release of Shaman would he nice. They've announced and cancelled it a few times now though. I've got the original floppies, but be nice if they put it out again in trade.

Incredible Member

I checked out the following new releases at my local store in case anyone wanted to know the contents

Nightwing Volume 6 - contains issue 47-53 (the Officer Down issue) & the 80 page giant. Covers before issues on glossy paper

Daring Adventures of Supergirl vol 2 - Daring Adventures 13, Supergirl 14-23. Covers before issues printed on the newsprint style paper

All-New Member

I personally find the current line of Batman trades to be a complete mess.

DC should either collect each magazine series like Batman, Detective, Shadow, Legends and Gotham Knights in its own series of trades, complete of all issues, without discrimination of poor stories and what not, or else, collect all magazine series in a single series of trades with each issue in order of release dates, like they're doing now with the Golden Age trades.

The way they've been published, as of now, is completely confusing and without looking on Wiki, comicbookdb and dc.wikia, I'd never know how to read them in the original magazine release date order.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontino View Post
    I personally find the current line of Batman trades to be a complete mess.

DC should either collect each magazine series like Batman, Detective, Shadow, Legends and Gotham Knights in its own series of trades, complete of all issues, without discrimination of poor stories and what not, or else, collect all magazine series in a single series of trades with each issue in order of release dates, like they're doing now with the Golden Age trades.

The way they've been published, as of now, is completely confusing and without looking on Wiki, comicbookdb and dc.wikia, I'd never know how to read them in the original magazine release date order.
    The problem with that approach is that there are numerous crossovers that affect all the Batman titles. So you could either publish them without the crossover issues (giving you an incomplete story), omit those issues (so the collections do not have the complete series), or the current method of grouping the titles together.

It's the same problem of collecting Spider-Man or X-Men titles from the 90s and going forward. There's just so much crossovers and references to other titles that it becomes problematic to focus on just one title when releasing collections.

I too wish DC could get its act together with Batman. I say collect them in chunky trades complete with the hops and skips and crossovers so we are reading the complete stories and not missing anything.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Same with volume 4, which was listed for Jan next year. Cover, blurb, contents etc. The contents has already been remastered for previous editions, so there's no cost there. The cover was already done, so that's money already spent and not being recouped. The only up-front costs left are proofing and printing/distribution, which can't be that prohibitive.

What's so annoying about this is that every single scrap of promotion for the series said it was going to be a complete reprinting of the series. The Diamond listings, the Amazon listings, the blurbs on the back of the actual books, even the regular six monthly publishing schedule. It all came together as a promise to do the full series. And they've bailed again.
    If these reprints were dependent on sales, then do a test balloon and gauge sales from that before soliciting future volumes (volume 2 was available for pre-order before v1 even came out). Certainly don't repeatedly make a point about it being a complete collection if there's the possibility you're not actually going to complete the collection. The way DC promoted this series and then canned it is misleading, verging on misselling. I don't know why they think anyone should trust them enough to finish any of their other archival trades series.
    Last edited by Transmit Him; 07-28-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Transmit Him View Post
    What's so annoying about this is that every single scrap of promotion for the series said it was going to be a complete reprinting of the series. The Diamond listings, the Amazon listings, the blurbs on the back of the actual books, even the regular six monthly publishing schedule. It all came together as a promise to do the full series. And they've bailed again.
    If these reprints were dependent on sales, then do a test balloon and gauge sales from that before soliciting future volumes (volume 2 was available for pre-order before v1 even came out). Certainly don't repeatedly make a point about it being a complete collection if there's the possibility you're not actually going to complete the collection. The way DC promoted this series and then canned it is misleading, verging on misselling. I don't know why they think anyone should trust them enough to finish any of their other archival trades series.
    100 percent agreed. I so wish the higher ups at Vertigo/DC could read this and then try to explain themselves.

So currently reading the 5th volume of Nightwing by Dixon, "Hunt for Oracle"...

The table of contents are incorrect. While the issue numbers are correct, it appears that the issue titles were copied over from vol. 3.

Do mistakes like this happen often with DC Trades? This is the first time I have noticed anything like this.

I usually gloss right over the table of contents, however I was deciding on whether or not to read another arc when I noticed the titles did not match with the issues in the book. They looked familiar enough that I checked the last few volumes, and sure enough, they were already printed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I hope it is not going to canceled I hope it is not going to canceled I hope it is not going to canceled

https://www.amazon.com/Hawkworld-Boo...0G7W1Z89R0GQ0V
    And...... it's been canceled.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    And...... it's been canceled.
    I can't even pretend to be surprised...

*$&%^#@ DC!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES