Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 501
  1. #31
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Any love for Batman & The Outsiders? There is or was a Showcase available.
    yes, really liked it but I would rather have an omnibus. Aparo art deserves oversized format.

  2. #32
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Any love for Batman & The Outsiders? There is or was a Showcase available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes, really liked it but I would rather have an omnibus. Aparo art deserves oversized format.
    Agreed! I still can't believe we never got a 2nd Showcase volume, considering some of the more obscure stuff that line collected. Of course, a full color omni or two would be perfect now.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  3. #33
    Junior Member Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Would love to see Abnett & Lanning's Legion collected.

  4. #34
    Junior Member CP1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Would love to see Abnett & Lanning's Legion collected.
    The Legion in general needs more collections. I know Levitz & Giffen's initial run got two deluxes, but there's so much more material that deserves collecting.

  5. #35
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    The Legion in general needs more collections. I know Levitz & Giffen's initial run got two deluxes, but there's so much more material that deserves collecting.
    Yeah. I haven't finished The Curse yet, but I still want the rest of their run, and the vast majority of it is uncollected. Not to mention 5YL and the entire reboot series past the first arc.
    Cyclops was right

  6. #36
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Would love to see Abnett & Lanning's Legion collected.
    I know the ongoing wasn't collected*, but Legion Lost was collected a couple of years ago; it got demoted from a hardcover in the original solicitation to a chunky trade.

    Legion Worlds may have also been collected (or at least solicited and canceled), but I could be wrong on that one....



    *With the exception of the Foundations trade, but that's out of print.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  7. #37
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Is there a list anywhere showing all the books that are currently released in the format or announced?

    I want to start getting lucifer, nightwing, and birds of prey. Want to be sure I'm not missing anything

  8. #38
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I know the ongoing wasn't collected*, but Legion Lost was collected a couple of years ago; it got demoted from a hardcover in the original solicitation to a chunky trade.

    Legion Worlds may have also been collected (or at least solicited and canceled), but I could be wrong on that one....



    *With the exception of the Foundations trade, but that's out of print.
    Legion Lost was in hardcover. I've seen copies.

    Worlds was a cancelled trade.
    Cyclops was right

  9. #39
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    Is there a list anywhere showing all the books that are currently released in the format or announced?

    I want to start getting lucifer, nightwing, and birds of prey. Want to be sure I'm not missing anything
    I'm not aware of a definitive list anywhere, but here are all the ones I can think of (though some may not be as thick) either already out or that are upcoming:

    Robin
    Spectre (Ostrander/Mandrake, though they've done two and seem to have stopped)
    Martian Manhunter (ditto)
    Secret Six
    New Teen Titans
    Suicide Squad
    JLA
    Batgirl (Cassandra Cain run, first one due out next month)
    Azrael (first one due out in February)
    Wonder Woman (Rucka run, first volume due out in June)
    Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato
    Checkmate (Rucka, first volume due out in July)
    Catwoman (Brubaker run, with more to follow)
    Batman (Brubaker run, first volume due out in February)
    Batman (Rucka run, first volume due out in August)
    Shadow of the Bat (due out in June)
    Various Batman crossovers (Knightfall, Cataclysm, No Man's Land, Road to No Man's Land, Murderer/Fugitive, War Games, upcoming Contagion and Legacy)
    Hitman (first few trades were smaller but then got thicker as the run went on)
    The Flash (Johns run)
    The Flash (Morrison/Millar run)
    The Demon (Ennis run, first one is this month)
    Justice League (Jurgens run, first one due out in March)
    Elseworlds (there's a Batman one, a Superman one, and a Justice League one announced so far)
    Deathstroke: The Terminator
    Batman Adventures
    Black Lightning
    Icon
    Static Shock
    Starman Omnibus (there were six hardcovers, they put out 2 TPBs and now the 3rd has FINALLY been solicited, hopefully they'll finish it out for those that missed out on the hardcovers)
    Justice League International (they did six trades then stopped)
    Animal Man (Vertigo, first couple were small but got bigger as the run went on)
    Doom Patrol (Vertigo)
    Hellblazer (Vertigo)
    Swamp Thing (Vertigo, Morrison/Millar and BKV runs)
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 12-19-2015 at 05:56 PM.

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I've enjoyed DC's Thick Trades, especially the Batman: Knightfall Saga. Great stuff here. I like how the Trades are inexpensive, in color, & don't mind the just OK paper used. The way I see it, if the paper had been of better quality, the Trades would either have been more expensive, or much thinner.

    Here are some series I think are tailor-made for DC's Thick Trade "Program" - note this is far from a comprehensive list:

    Classic Warlord by Mike Grell; never been reprinted in color, outside of a long OOP Trade about 25 years ago.

    Classic Jonah Hex - only a handful of these issues have been reprinted in color.

  11. #41
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I'm not aware of a definitive list anywhere, but here are all the ones I can think of (though some may not be as thick) either already out or that are upcoming:

    Robin
    Spectre (Ostrander/Mandrake, though they've done two and seem to have stopped)
    Martian Manhunter (ditto)
    Secret Six
    New Teen Titans
    Suicide Squad
    JLA
    Batgirl (Cassandra Cain run, first one due out next month)
    Azrael (first one due out in February)
    Wonder Woman (Rucka run, first volume due out in June)
    Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato
    Checkmate (Rucka, first volume due out in July)
    Catwoman (Brubaker run, with more to follow)
    Batman (Brubaker run, first volume due out in February)
    Batman (Rucka run, first volume due out in August)
    Shadow of the Bat (due out in June)
    Various Batman crossovers (Knightfall, Cataclysm, No Man's Land, Road to No Man's Land, Murderer/Fugitive, War Games, upcoming Contagion and Legacy)
    Hitman (first few trades were smaller but then got thicker as the run went on)
    The Flash (Johns run)
    The Flash (Morrison/Millar run)
    The Demon (Ennis run, first one is this month)
    Justice League (Jurgens run, first one due out in March)
    Elseworlds (there's a Batman one, a Superman one, and a Justice League one announced so far)
    Deathstroke: The Terminator
    Batman Adventures
    Black Lightning
    Icon
    Static Shock
    Starman Omnibus (there were six hardcovers, they put out 2 TPBs and now the 3rd has FINALLY been solicited, hopefully they'll finish it out for those that missed out on the hardcovers)
    Justice League International (they did six trades then stopped)
    Animal Man (Vertigo, first couple were small but got bigger as the run went on)
    Doom Patrol (Vertigo)
    Hellblazer (Vertigo)
    Swamp Thing (Vertigo, Morrison/Millar and BKV runs)
    Thanks for this!

    Also, if you count Vertigo:
    Sandman Mystery Theatre, Y the Last Man, 100 Bullets, Preacher, Ex Machina and Lucifer
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  12. #42
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Thanks for this!

    Also, if you count Vertigo:
    Sandman Mystery Theatre, Y the Last Man, 100 Bullets, Preacher, Ex Machina and Lucifer
    You're welcome! There's also the upcoming reprints of 52 which appear to be combining vols 1-2 and 3-4 of the previous trades.
    Also if I remember they are doing TPB versions of the recent golden and silver age omnis for Justice League, Superman, etc.
    They also did the Loeb/Guiness Superman/Batman in thicker trades (one volume collecting 1-13 and second collecting 14-26 with a third volume due out in April) and looks like they'll be doing Supergirl as well (though the Supergirl Vol 1 TPB is just Batman/Superman 8-13, I imagine the trades might get thicker once it does the series proper.)

    I also forgot to list a couple other Batman related ones:

    Batman: Second Chances, collecting the early post-crisis Batman series (minus Batman 401) with Jason Todd's post-Crisis reintroduction
    Robin/Batgirl: Year One TPB
    Batman: Prey collecting both the Prey and Terror arcs from Legends of the Dark Knight
    Batman: Birth of the Demon (collecting Son, Bride, and Birth of the Demon)
    Death in the Family (new version containing both Death in the Family and Lonely Place of Dying)
    Batman: Son of Batman/Black Glove (duplicating the OHC of Morrison's first two story arcs)
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 12-20-2015 at 09:26 AM.

  13. #43
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    254

    Default

    With Batman there's also Complete Hush and Under the Red Hood. The way they're going with Batman in general, I can see having the period from after Troika to the end of Fugitive (with Hush and Brubaker Detective following from there) as close to complete as it can be collected in about two years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Supergirl Vol 1 TPB is just Batman/Superman 8-13
    It's #0-10 and 12.

  14. #44
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    With Batman there's also Complete Hush and Under the Red Hood. The way they're going with Batman in general, I can see having the period from after Troika to the end of Fugitive (with Hush and Brubaker Detective following from there) as close to complete as it can be collected in about two years.

    It's #0-10 and 12.
    That's one I missed in the solicits, so I was going by Amazon's listing: Supergirl Vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260934..._LGaEwbG5CM9NF

    Not that that's definitive of course. But your listing of 0-10 and 12 makes a bit more sense, thanks!
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 12-21-2015 at 07:47 AM.

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,839

    Default

    Wait! How about an Injustice Omnibus when Year Five is over?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •