Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Amazon lists Hawkman by Geoff Johns Vol. 2 for April 2018

https://www.amazon.com/Hawkman-Geoff...an+geoff+johns

Incredible Member

If anyone is wondering about the contents of this weeks "The Flash By Mark Waid vol 3" I can confirm it contains The Flash 80-94 on glossy paper and covers before issues

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    If anyone is wondering about the contents of this weeks "The Flash By Mark Waid vol 3" I can confirm it contains The Flash 80-94 on glossy paper and covers before issues
    Sales permitting, how many more Flash by Mark Waid books do you think there will be? He wrote it up until issue 130(?), then Morrison and Millar had their run on Flash, then Waid picked it up again until Johns came on around 164....but then Waid picked it back up again years later around 225?

I'd love a complete set of all of Flash vol 2

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Sales permitting, how many more Flash by Mark Waid books do you think there will be? He wrote it up until issue 130(?), then Morrison and Millar had their run on Flash, then Waid picked it up again until Johns came on around 164....but then Waid picked it back up again years later around 225?

I'd love a complete set of all of Flash vol 2
    Same here! I think there will be one more 13 issue collection (vol 5) to finish off Johns run, for Waid I think 2 or 3 TPBs for the pre Morrison/Millar issues depending on crossovers/annuals etc then 2 more for the post Morrison/Millar stuff before Johns takes over, again depending on crossovers & annuals). At present none of the Mike Baron (Issues 1- 14) & William Messner-Loebs (issues 15-61 and annuals 1-3) issues have been reprinted as the new reprints start with Mark Waid's run in issue 62

Here's a quick reprint guide of Flash Vol 2 based on the new "by....." editions

Flash by Mark Waid 1 - 62-68 & Annuals 4-5
    Flash by Mark Waid 2 - 69-79 & Annual 6 plus some GL & JLI crossovers
    Flash by Mark Waid 3 80-94
    Flash by Mark Waid Vol 4 (April 2018 currently listed as including THE FLASH #0 & #95-105 and THE FLASH Annual #8)
    CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED (106-129, Annual 7, 9-13 and 80 Page Giant 1-2)
    Flash By Grant Morrison & Mark Millar - 130-141 plus GL & GA crossovers
    CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED (142-163)
    Flash By Geoff Johns 1 - 164-176 & Iron Heights one shot
    Flash By Geoff Johns 2 177-188, OWAW tie in, Flash/Superman 1st, SF&O 3
    Flash By Geoff Johns 3 189-200
    Flash By Geoff Johns 4 (Dec release) tentatively 201-212
    CURRENTLY UNCOLLECTED (Johns run goes to issue 225 and the final issue is 247)

Hopefully once they finish releasing all the Waid & Johns/post-Johns issues they will go back and release the Baron & Messner-Loebs runs
    Last edited by JAG2045; 10-11-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Same here! I think there will be one more 13 issue collection (vol 5) to finish off Johns run, for Waid I think 2 or 3 TPBs for the pre Morrison/Millar issues depending on crossovers/annuals etc then 2 more for the post Morrison/Millar stuff before Johns takes over, again depending on crossovers & annuals). At present none of the Mike Baron (Issues 1- 14) & William Messner-Loebs (issues 15-61 and annuals 1-3) issues have been reprinted as the new reprints start with Mark Waid's run in issue 62

Flash by Mark Waid Vol 4 (April 2018 currently listed as including THE FLASH #0 & #95-105 and THE FLASH Annual #8)

Hopefully once they finish releasing all the Waid & Johns/post-Johns issues they will go back and release the Baron & Messner-Loebs runs
    I would also like a big fat Impulse run by Millar.

Spectacular Member

DC needs to just take my money and have these come out at a faster pace. Please DC, take my money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I would also like a big fat Impulse run by Millar.
    Same here, one was announced/a fish was found for a TPB a couple of years back but it got cancelled, seeing how Impulse makes his first appearance in the newest Flash by Waid volume (plus appearing in the Young Justice trades that have come out & been solicited) I'm hoping this will finally get a proper release!
    Last edited by JAG2045; 10-11-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Same here, one was announced/a fish was found for a TPB a couple of years back but it got cancelled, seeing how Impulse makes his first appearance in the newest Flash by Waid volume (plus appearing in the Young Justice trades that have come out & been solicited) I'm hoping this will finally get a proper release!
    Not to mention the much awaiting revival of Young Justice, might help the interest pool in Impulse

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Bad news for any of the 5 people who planned on picking it up, but apparently DC has canceled the upcoming dOOM pATROL Book 4, which would have collected the first half of Rachel Pollack's run.

F*$#ing DC...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Bad news for any of the 5 people who planned on picking it up, but apparently DC has canceled the upcoming dOOM pATROL Book 4, which would have collected the first half of Rachel Pollack's run.

F*$#ing DC...
    I was actually planning to pick this up at some point so that sucks. I realize it doesn't have the greatest reputation it seems but I was curious to read it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I was actually planning to pick this up at some point so that sucks. I realize it doesn't have the greatest reputation it seems but I was curious to read it.
    It's honestly not the greatest DP material, but it's never been reprinted and does pick up where Morrison left off. It would have been nice to have a (nearly) complete run of this series in one uniform format.

Hopefully they re-solicit at a later date...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's honestly not the greatest DP material, but it's never been reprinted and does pick up where Morrison left off. It would have been nice to have a (nearly) complete run of this series in one uniform format.

Hopefully they re-solicit at a later date...
    Hopefully. I guess I was one of those 5 people lol. I've been all about the Doom Patrol recently. Reading the silver age omnibus, recently finished Morrisons run and the first Gerard Way trade. Being a Doom Patrol fan is not like being a Batman fan where there are a million options for material.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Not to mention the much awaiting revival of Young Justice, might help the interest pool in Impulse
    We might get an omnibus

107AC159-1064-43BB-8D4F-E126937CE539.jpg

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

On the topic of trade pipe dreams, would be nice to see Hitman get some new trades, given that the older volumes are out of print and copies on Amazon seem to be going for scalper prices now. (81.99 for a used copy of A Rage in Arkham, yikes!)

On an Ennis side note, given that DC recently traded his Demon run and also just put out a trade collecting all of Kirby's original, how about a few fat trades for the Demon by Alan Grant that preceded Ennis? I've always wanted to read more of Grant's Demon ever since I got my hands on a few back issues.

(the trade run would probably get cancelled after the first or second installment or even before the first one released but I digress)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 12-03-2017 at 12:49 AM.

I would like to see...

Silver Age Batman
    Silver Age Superman
    Collected edition(s) of Dick Sprang's Batman
    Collected edition(s) of Irv Novick's Batman
    Legion of Super Heroes - the entire 1984 series