Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I'd like to see Rucka do some kind of Wonder Woman Forever mini or ogn that properly ends his run instead of the Infinite Crisis derailment that happened.

Incredible Member

If DC gets all the 2000's era Catwoman released I would like to see a series of the 90's Catwoman series (by Balent)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    If DC gets all the 2000's era Catwoman released I would like to see a series of the 90's Catwoman series (by Balent)
    I remember liking this back in the day, but I don't remember the stories that much. I just remember Balent's art. Were the stories good, or did I just like it because I was 13 and there were large breasts?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see DC put out a color trade for Amethyst. The showcase version was decent (Colon's art never looks bad) but to do the series justice it really needs to be in color. Plus the original maxi series would make for a nce thick trade and her regular seris that followed it could easily make two trades, four trades would probably collect everything Amethyst.
    I would also seriously love to see DC start a full run collection for the Legion of Super heroes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would love to see DC put out a color trade for Amethyst. The showcase version was decent (Colon's art never looks bad) but to do the series justice it really needs to be in color. Plus the original maxi series would make for a nce thick trade and her regular seris that followed it could easily make two trades, four trades would probably collect everything Amethyst.

I would also seriously love to see DC start a full run collection for the Legion of Super heroes.
    Fully agree with both of the above. I never got the b&w Showcase edition reprinting the original Amethyst issues because I felt it was ridiculous to reprint a series like this, when color was such an important part of the comic. So, I'd be all for 1-2 large color Trades reprinting all of the classic '80's Amethyst comics. Extremely underrated series. There was a dedicated Amethyst thread a while back...

Ditto for Legion of Super Heroes - I'd buy them all, especially the classic issues - at least through the '80's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I remember liking this back in the day, but I don't remember the stories that much. I just remember Balent's art. Were the stories good, or did I just like it because I was 13 and there were large breasts?
    I;ve only read the crossover issues with Knightfall so would love to see how the series compares to the 2000's series. Was she more of a villain in the 90's one?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I;ve only read the crossover issues with Knightfall so would love to see how the series compares to the 2000's series. Was she more of a villain in the 90's one?
    I wouldn't say she was a villain, but she was definitely more fun. Lots of heist stories, some international adventures, some over-the-top 90's caricatures (huge guns/pouches)... but overall a great series.

Until Bronwyn Carlton came along. Those issues should be sealed in a tomb and never see the light of day again, much less receive the honor of being reprinted!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

i do not get the Hitman love....shrug

About the only Vertigo i haven't jumped into is Transmetropolitan bu Ellis and Robertson

i would love to get thick volumes of this, 12 issues

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    i do not get the Hitman love....shrug

About the only Vertigo i haven't jumped into is Transmetropolitan bu Ellis and Robertson

i would love to get thick volumes of this, 12 issues
    Blasphemy!!!

But I do agree on Transmet
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is the recent Doom Patrol trade worth getting? Are the ideas still fresh or would it be a letdown after X-Men/Ultimates/Authority?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is the recent Doom Patrol trade worth getting? Are the ideas still fresh or would it be a letdown after X-Men/Ultimates/Authority?
    Is it the Morrison/Case-run? I do think that it has lost a bit of it's freshness, and the second arc is a slog to get through, but all in all it also contains some of the best and weirdest explorations of Morrison's usual themes that I've ever read paired with great character work.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

It's very good stuff. Morrison's meta-philosophy and weirdness at it's best. That, and some surprisingly strong character work. Check out the free first issue on Comixology, the first two pages alone will have you hooked.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I don't think there is anything common in DP and the 3 you mentioned (and by X-men I guess you mean Morrison's). It's a Vertigo book so you can expect a certain tone and the villains are really weird and abstract. I would say try out the trade although I've read it after Invisibles, his Batman, Final Crisis and 7SoV so it wasn't as mind blowing as I expected but it's still a very good run with a really cool ending.

Fantastic Member

Doom Patrol is interesting. I have the omnibus, and I enjoy it quite a bit. The stories and the writing hold up well compared to contemporary [well-written] comics, which makes sense, given that Morrison was among the group of writers that sort of forced comics to up their game. Some of the plots are more interesting than others, but over all, I don't think there's really anything else like it. I recommend it.

Spectacular Member

I have never read Legion of Super Heroes besides if they appeared in crossovers or whatever. I would like something that covers the important stuff.