Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    The ones I know of are:

Batman Death in the Family (contains DITF & Lonely Place of Dying)
    Batman Knightfall 1-3
    Batman Contagion
    Batman Legacy (not officially announced yet but ghost listing was found some time ago)
    Batman Cataclysm
    Batman Road to No Mans Land 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Batman No Mans Land 1-4
    Bruce Wayne Murderer
    Bruce Wayne Fugitive
    Batman by Ed Brubaker 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Batman War Games 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Batman Under the Red Hood (contains Red Hood 1-2 that was published separately)

Nightwing 1-4
    Robin 1-3
    Azrael 1-2
    Birds of Prey 1-2
    The Flash by Morrison & Millar
    The Flash by Geoff Johns 1-3
    Gotham City Sirens 1-2 (originally released in 4 TPB's)
    Green Lantern Book 1 by Ron Marz (not out yet)
    Green Lantern Sinestro Corps War (contains vol 1&2 that were published separately)
    The Death & Return of Superman 1-5 (Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, Reign of the Supermen, Return of Superman, Doomsday)
    Superman & The Justice League 1-2 (vol 2 not out yet)
    Wonder Woman: War of the Gods

I hope that helps though I'm sure I've missed some!
    Also all the various Elseworlds volumes (Elseworlds: Batman was just released), the Cassandra Cain Batgirl (volume 1 was just released), Mark Waid's Flash has been solicited, the Superman/Batman series TPBs, the Supergirl series that started with Loeb/Turner, New Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Green Arrow, Golden & Silver age Batman, Superman, JLA, Rucka's Wonder Woman has been solicited as has his Checkmate run...

Edit - I felt like I had made a similar list before. Here is a list from earlier in the thread that has some too: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1675844
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 04-27-2016 at 08:39 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Also all the various Elseworlds volumes (Elseworlds: Batman was just released), the Cassandra Cain Batgirl (volume 1 was just released), Mark Waid's Flash has been solicited, the Superman/Batman series TPBs, the Supergirl series that started with Loeb/Turner, New Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Green Arrow, Golden & Silver age Batman and Superman, Rucka's Wonder Woman has been solicited as has his Checkmate run...

Edit - I felt like I had made a similar list before. Here is a list from earlier in the thread that has some too: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1675844
    I said there would be missing ones LOL

I just added the updated Hush collection to my original post and also wanted to add JLA (Morrison series) has got 9 larger collections (8 is out this month & 9 in Jan '17) where volume 9 should finish the series

Amazing Member

Many thanks guys. Time to hit up IST and make a big order.

thanks for the lists guys didn't veen know Sinestro corps war is coming.
    How is the Brubaker Batman? I 've read the Fugitive trade and liked the beginning but then it become too disjointed with all the thrown in issues from other titles that had their own stories and really disliked the whole thing by the end.
    Does the Brubaker stuff reads better as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    How is the Brubaker Batman? I 've read the Fugitive trade and liked the beginning but then it become too disjointed with all the thrown in issues from other titles that had their own stories and really disliked the whole thing by the end.
    Sinestro Corps War has been out in a single TPB since September 2011, go snag it!

Brubaker Batman is decent, but I much preferred Rucka's Detective Comics run. Brubaker's title was the more superhero-y of the two, and I feel like Brubaker is at his best when writing more street-level adventures. But his run isn't bad by any stretch and is generally enjoyable. He took over Detective Comics later and wrote a killer story, Dead Reckoning, though the art is hit and miss for that one.

Sinestro Corps War has been out in a single TPB since September 2011, go snag it!

Brubaker Batman is decent, but I much preferred Rucka's Detective Comics run. Brubaker's title was the more superhero-y of the two, and I feel like Brubaker is at his best when writing more street-level adventures. But his run isn't bad by any stretch and is generally enjoyable. He took over Detective Comics later and wrote a killer story, Dead Reckoning, though the art is hit and miss for that one.
    thanks! Still not sure if I should go with the absolute or tpb for Sinestro. Not getting the omnis, I know that.

thanks! Still not sure if I should go with the absolute or tpb for Sinestro. Not getting the omnis, I know that.
    Do you have any Absolutes? I know some folks just find them too big. Personally I love them if it's a story where I really love the art, like Long Halloween, or All-Star Superman. But I have the Johns omnis and am satisfied there, but I can imagine some of those epic double-page spreads look amazing in an Absolute.

Do you have any Absolutes? I know some folks just find them too big. Personally I love them if it's a story where I really love the art, like Long Halloween, or All-Star Superman. But I have the Johns omnis and am satisfied there, but I can imagine some of those epic double-page spreads look amazing in an Absolute.
    got a few yeah, I like them, bit pricey but for some stuff it's worth it. I remember reading SCW a few (7?) years ago and really liked it, probably my favourite part of the Johns GL run along with Blackest night. Donno how it holds up but other Johns stuff I've read at that time held up really well.
    The omnis are just really damn big and there are 3 of them and while John's GL was a big part of my DC discovering experience (I got a GL tattoo too) I feel like I will be fine with only having the highlights.

Incredible Member

The Sinestro Corps war one came out a while ago, it was originally 2 TPB's then released as a larger edition with the full story.

I generally like Brubaker (Captain America/Catwoman etc) but I found vol 1 by Brubaker a real slog to get through but i'm hopefull vol 2 will be an improvement

From what I have read online it was one of his first superhero assignments and he was learning the ropes. The art by Scott McDaniel doesnt help either (I have never been a fan of his art TBH)

I'll skip the Brubaker collection then I think. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    The Sinestro Corps war one came out a while ago, it was originally 2 TPB's then released as a larger edition with the full story.

I generally like Brubaker (Captain America/Catwoman etc) but I found vol 1 by Brubaker a real slog to get through but i'm hopefull vol 2 will be an improvement

From what I have read online it was one of his first superhero assignments and he was learning the ropes. The art by Scott McDaniel doesnt help either (I have never been a fan of his art TBH)
    Agreed on McDaniel, a really bad fit for Brubaker. I think the only time I've enjoyed McDaniel's art was on Nightwing.

Fair warning on Brubaker Vol. 2 - looks like they are just putting in the issues of Murderer/Fugitive he wrote, rather than having done a collection of the pre-Murderer/Fugitive material (they left ONE issue out of vol 1), and then picking up post-Murderer/Fugitive, so Vol 2 might read a little strange. I've never really tried to read just the Brubaker-penned issues of those crossovers, so not sure how well they work on their own.

Incredible Member

Agreed on McDaniel, a really bad fit for Brubaker. I think the only time I've enjoyed McDaniel's art was on Nightwing.

Fair warning on Brubaker Vol. 2 - looks like they are just putting in the issues of Murderer/Fugitive he wrote, rather than having done a collection of the pre-Murderer/Fugitive material (they left ONE issue out of vol 1), and then picking up post-Murderer/Fugitive, so Vol 2 might read a little strange. I've never really tried to read just the Brubaker-penned issues of those crossovers, so not sure how well they work on their own.
    Yeah I saw that from the solicits but hoped it might be wrong, its a shame they left out issue 598 which would have given us all the Brubaker pre-Murderer issues. If they just include what was in the Murder/Fugitive trades I will skip the book as I bought the newer editions last year and will just get 598 as a single issue

Amazing Member

I just finished the Batman Brubaker Vol 1 and it was pretty good. McDaniels art doesn't fit but I enjoyed the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I just finished the Batman Brubaker Vol 1 and it was pretty good. McDaniels art doesn't fit but I enjoyed the story.
    I wasnt that impressed that we had not one but 2 previously unmentioned new characters from Bruce's past straight away, IMO it was a lazy way of having drama, as I mentioned I really liked Brubaker's later works so I chalk this up more to learning the ropes at that point

Astonishing Member

I thought I would followup on this post from last year after the latest round of Amazon phishing.

From my want list, DC is publishing:

Justice League: Breakdowns - the 16 part finish to the Giffen, et al run on the Justice League. DC is also publishing the Jurgens and Vado run that come after this. There is still a gap from the last Giffen collection and the start of this. Fingers crossed that they will fill it in.

Flash by Mark Waid - Finally, they are collecting this amazing run. I still would like to see Dc collect from the beginning of the series. Again, hopefully they will get around to the Baron and Messner Loebs run.

Justice Society of America: The complete 1992 series - Exactly what I want. Very happy about this.

Legionnaires Book One - Starting the Zero Hour Legion. Honestly, I thought this was a long shot for being collected. Happy to be wrong.

Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book One - Picking up where the last Man of Steel collection ended, the post Byrne Superman is now being collected.

There are still a number of hopes and dreams on my list, but I have to give DC credit for stepping up their collections. This makes me very optimistic that all my favorites will eventually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    My want list is still pretty long.

Complete the Giffen/DeMatties Justice League run. I think they were less than half way through when it stopped.
    The Wally west Flash run beginning with Baron and going through the final Waid issues
    Aquaman/Atlantis Chronicles including the Shaun McLaughlin run
    The Gerard Jones run on Green Lantern
    The Ray by Priest
    Justice League Task Force
    Anything by Ostrander Firestorm, Manhunter, Hawkworld
    The Justice Society by Strazewski and Parobeck
    L.E.G.I.O.N
    Legion of Super Heroes (5 years later)
    Legion of Super Heroes (Zero Hour Reboot)
    Superman (post Byrne)

and many, many more