Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Legionnaires Book One - Starting the Zero Hour Legion. Honestly, I thought this was a long shot for being collected. Happy to be wrong.
    Whaaat?!?

Somehow I missed this one!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

It popped up on the listings in the last day or so.

Legionnaires Book One Paperback – April 25, 2017
    by Mark Waid (Author)

The Legion of Super-Heroes returns here, as LEGIONNAIRES BOOK ONE chronicles the origin of the 30th Century's greatest teenage heroes!

When Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, and Live Wire meet while rescuing the world's wealthiest man, the trio of super-powered teens decides to form a group of tomorrow's greatest superheroes. Bankrolled by their rich benefactor, the youths recruit an assortment of teenaged heroes from the many different worlds of the future and form the Legion of Super Heroes. Now acting as a patrol force of peace and justice, the adolescent adventurers protect the universe from all threats of evil and destruction.

Written by Mark Waid (DAREDEVIL), Tom Peyer, and Tom McCraw, this classic series is finally re-collected in this new graphic novel series. Collects LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #0 and #62-68 and LEGIONNAIRES #0 and #19-24

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Whaaat?!?

Somehow I missed this one!

^ ^ ^

Awesome!

If they can keep them coming all the way through the end of these respective volumes, I'll be amazed!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

I thought I would followup on this post from last year after the latest round of Amazon phishing.

From my want list, DC is publishing:

Justice League: Breakdowns - the 16 part finish to the Giffen, et al run on the Justice League. DC is also publishing the Jurgens and Vado run that come after this. There is still a gap from the last Giffen collection and the start of this. Fingers crossed that they will fill it in.

Flash by Mark Waid - Finally, they are collecting this amazing run. I still would like to see Dc collect from the beginning of the series. Again, hopefully they will get around to the Baron and Messner Loebs run.

Justice Society of America: The complete 1992 series - Exactly what I want. Very happy about this.

Legionnaires Book One - Starting the Zero Hour Legion. Honestly, I thought this was a long shot for being collected. Happy to be wrong.

Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book One - Picking up where the last Man of Steel collection ended, the post Byrne Superman is now being collected.

There are still a number of hopes and dreams on my list, but I have to give DC credit for stepping up their collections. This makes me very optimistic that all my favorites will eventually happen.

Really happy we are getting Mark Waid's Flash, hopefully once his run is all released they will go back and do the preceding Baron & Messner-Loebs runs also

Also excited for the Kyle Rayner GL collection coming soon, really hope we get the entire series in TPB

Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book One - Picking up where the last Man of Steel collection ended, the post Byrne Superman is now being collected.
    Did the last Byrne ever get resolicited?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Did the last Byrne ever get resolicited?
    Amazon has the last volume coming on November 1. Which would make the release to comic stores on October 19.

Incredible Member

Amazon has the last volume coming on November 1. Which would make the release to comic stores on October 19.
    I cant believe its taken over 10 years for DC to release 9 volumes of Byrne's Superman work!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I cant believe its taken over 10 years for DC to release 9 volumes of Byrne's Superman work!
    I know, Marvel just released two John Byrne Omnibus, one of his West Coast Avengers and another of random one-off Marvel stuff, I don't know why DC has taken this long to pump his stuff out quicker. I'd love to see his Man Of Steel limited series get a re-colorized Absolute treatment.

I'm buying all the Flash-Trades that are coming out. I started on DC comics with Geoff Johns' The Secret of Barry Allen-Trade and I hope to get the entire Flash Vol. 2 collected. Are the 20+ issues between the end of Millar/Morrisson and John's run still easy to get in trade? Or are there plans for new collections of those comics (From #132 to #168 or there aboots I think from memory).

I also got The Flash Chronicles 1-4 aswell so I hope to continue that with those new silver age collections DC is starting. Hope they'll come out in trade, not just those top heavy omnibus HC books...

So alot of Flash but I also am buying the Man of Steel tpb's. I'm up to vol. 5 and have ordered the much delayed vol. 9 aswell. By the time that actually comes out, I may have the series complete (6, 7 and 8). Looking forward to the continuation of those books after vol. 9 with the series of tpb's that was anounced.

I would love to see more pre-crisis collections from the seventies, especially Superman, Batman and Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ales View Post
    I'm buying all the Flash-Trades that are coming out. I started on DC comics with Geoff Johns' The Secret of Barry Allen-Trade and I hope to get the entire Flash Vol. 2 collected. Are the 20+ issues between the end of Millar/Morrisson and John's run still easy to get in trade? Or are there plans for new collections of those comics (From #132 to #168 or there aboots I think from memory).

I also got The Flash Chronicles 1-4 aswell so I hope to continue that with those new silver age collections DC is starting. Hope they'll come out in trade, not just those top heavy omnibus HC books...

So alot of Flash but I also am buying the Man of Steel tpb's. I'm up to vol. 5 and have ordered the much delayed vol. 9 aswell. By the time that actually comes out, I may have the series complete (6, 7 and 8). Looking forward to the continuation of those books after vol. 9 with the series of tpb's that was anounced.

I would love to see more pre-crisis collections from the seventies, especially Superman, Batman and Flash.
    The first trade of SA Flash is already out that's the first half of the vol1 omnibus just like the GA Batman and Superman trades. Although you would probably double dip with that and the chronicles volumes.

Too bad most of the earlier volumes are out of print.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Too bad most of the earlier volumes are out of print.
    It looks like only 1 and 4 are out of print. I recently bought 1 from IST so that has gone OOP in the last few months.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I know, Marvel just released two John Byrne Omnibus, one of his West Coast Avengers and another of random one-off Marvel stuff, I don't know why DC has taken this long to pump his stuff out quicker. I'd love to see his Man Of Steel limited series get a re-colorized Absolute treatment.
    I know its crazy, fortunatly DC in the last couple of years seemed to have turned a corner with releasing more classic material so hopefully this will continue in the future

I'm amazed they dont keep MOS volume 1 at least constantly in print like they do with Batman Year One as its one of Superman's definitive origin stories

I'm amazed they dont keep MOS volume 1 at least constantly in print like they do with Batman Year One as its one of Superman's definitive origin stories
    For the most part, I think they do. There's been multiple printings of MoS Vol. 1 over the years (4? 5?); I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop back up soon.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Speaking of classics not collected yet, it's been a year that Batman Second Chances was collected, why no follow up to it? There's still the run by Jim Starlin and Jim Aparo preceding Death In The Family. Norm Breyfogle's work from 'TEC is already coming up on it's second volume.