Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Hoping the new Shade the Changing Girl does well so Vertigo reprints fat trades of Shade the Changing Man in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Fully agree with both of the above. I never got the b&w Showcase edition reprinting the original Amethyst issues because I felt it was ridiculous to reprint a series like this, when color was such an important part of the comic. So, I'd be all for 1-2 large color Trades reprinting all of the classic '80's Amethyst comics. Extremely underrated series. There was a dedicated Amethyst thread a while back...

Ditto for Legion of Super Heroes - I'd buy them all, especially the classic issues - at least through the '80's.
    This times a million. There are a lot ofnruns I wish were reprinted or put into a new tpb, but by far a full Amethyst run in color is absolutely #1 on my list.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I would love to see BATMAN #328-400 in TPBs. Including the backup stories.
    Also all the Batman stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #481-566.

I was looking for the Justice League International TPB's and some of them are very expensive. I'm guessing it's because they are out of print?

Is there any chance that these might be published again?

I contemplated paying the high price but just couldn't do it. I guess I'll buy the new one that is coming out and wait. I'm missing #'s 2, 5, and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ales View Post
    I'm buying all the Flash-Trades that are coming out. I started on DC comics with Geoff Johns' The Secret of Barry Allen-Trade and I hope to get the entire Flash Vol. 2 collected. Are the 20+ issues between the end of Millar/Morrisson and John's run still easy to get in trade? Or are there plans for new collections of those comics (From #132 to #168 or there aboots I think from memory).

I also got The Flash Chronicles 1-4 aswell so I hope to continue that with those new silver age collections DC is starting. Hope they'll come out in trade, not just those top heavy omnibus HC books...

So alot of Flash but I also am buying the Man of Steel tpb's. I'm up to vol. 5 and have ordered the much delayed vol. 9 aswell. By the time that actually comes out, I may have the series complete (6, 7 and 8). Looking forward to the continuation of those books after vol. 9 with the series of tpb's that was anounced.

I would love to see more pre-crisis collections from the seventies, especially Superman, Batman and Flash.
    How hard was it for you to find Suoerman Man of Steel #4 tpb at a decent price?
    I've watched the price on Amazon marketplace for a year now. New editions consistently stay at $65 and way up.
    Just can't part with that kind of money for that book.
    On the other hand, it stinks that I might not have THAT one tpb in the whole series.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I've watched the price on Amazon marketplace for a year now. New editions consistently stay at $65 and way up.
    On the other hand, it stinks that I might not have THAT one tpb in the whole series.
    Not too difficult actually. Some Dutch guy had 1 to 4 for sale on Marktplaats.nl. (A dutch E-bay of sorts.) I paid 29,85 Euros for 3 & 4 (I already had ! & 2) including postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Why is Man of Steel TPB #4 in such high demand and why does it cost so much? Sounds like it would be cheaper to just get the single issues.

Fantastic Member

It's an algorithm. Be patient. Hunt ebay, half dot com, comic collector live dot com, my comic shop dot com, mile high comics dot com and google it frequently. You'll snag it at a reasonable price.

Odds are, it's sitting in some vendor's $5 trade box at a one-day comic show.
    Last edited by John Aston; 12-14-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Chuck Dixon's Uncollected Detective Comics Issues

I think Detective Comics #644-658, 682-694, and 703-718 have never been collected
    "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth"

Quite a few, but right now, I'm baffled that DC has only the New 52 Lobo in print. I'd really love a Complete Lobo edition, with the one-shots, mini-series, crossovers and the Alan Grant ongoing series from the 90s.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder595 View Post
    Chuck Dixon's Uncollected Detective Comics Issues

I think Detective Comics #644-658, 682-694, and 703-718 have never been collected
    I would love it if we got a full run of Dixon's issues in trade, I love his work with Graham Nolan artwork

A full collection of the Nocturna/Thief of the Night/Julia Pennyworth & Vicki Vale storyline would be good to (up to the COIE/Year One period with the "Red Skies crossovers)

Lots of interesting classic material coming out in TPB's in the most recent solicits for summer 2017:

Batman Zero Hour (Collects BATMAN #0, #511, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #0, #31, DETECTIVE COMICS #0, #678, CATWOMAN #0, #74, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #0 and ROBIN #0, #10)
    Azrael 3
    Robin 4 #0, #7-13 and ROBIN ANNUAL #1
    Nightwing 6 NIGHTWING #47-60.
    Batman The Caped Crusader Vol 1 (though this might now be a hardcover) DETECTIVE COMICS #575-578 and BATMAN: FULL CIRCLE.
    Green Lantern: Hal Jordan 2 (according to the Collected Editions blog Vol 1 is a reprint of "Emerald Dawn 1 & 2" - really hope we get a Mosaic collection at some point to!
    Super Powers (blacklist) minicomics from the classic toyline SUPER POWERS Vol. 1 #1-5, SUPER POWERS Vol. 2 #1-6 and SUPER POWERS Vol. 3 #1-4, originally published from 1984-1986.
    Wonder Woman by John Byrne Book One WONDER WOMAN #101-113.
    Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka Vol. 2 WONDER WOMAN #206-217.
    DC Comics/Dark Horse: Batman vs. Predator BATMAN VS. PREDATOR #1-3, BATMAN VS. PREDATOR II: BLOODMATCH #1-4 and BATMAN VS. PREDATOR III: BLOOD TIES #1-4.
    Supergirl by Peter David Book Three
    Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1 BATGIRL #1-13.
    Batwoman by Rucka & Williams DETECTIVE COMICS #854-863.
    Elseworlds: Justice League Vol. 2 CONJURORS #1-3, FLASHPOINT #1-3, JLA: ACT OF GOD #1-3, SUPERMAN’S METROPOLIS #1, BATMAN: NOSFERATU #1 and WONDER WOMAN: BLUE AMAZON #1
    Elseworlds: Superman Vol. 2 SUPERMAN: SPEEDING BULLET #1, KAMANDI: AT EARTH’S END #1-6, SUPERMAN: KAL #1, SUPERMAN: AT EARTH’S END #1, SUPERMAN/BATMAN DOOM LINK #1 and SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: WHOM GODS DESTROY #1-4.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    I was looking for the Justice League International TPB's and some of them are very expensive. I'm guessing it's because they are out of print?

Is there any chance that these might be published again?

I contemplated paying the high price but just couldn't do it. I guess I'll buy the new one that is coming out and wait. I'm missing #'s 2, 5, and 6.
    There's no way DC won't reprint this run eventually. My hope is that they A.) get it right and include the annuals and JLE in the correct reading order, and B.) complete the series.

However we have the "Breakdowns" collection coming soon, which completes the run, so maybe they'll work backwards from there...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I was actually able to complete the series and not spend too much money. I had to order some stuff from across the pond and search quite a bit but I completed it. It's such a great run. It's incomplete though. I almost wish I had just bought the floppies. I just enjoyed the laid back nature of the book and the long continuous storylines. Everything is so freakin' serious in comics today.

I am hoping that they put out a collection of Booster Gold's 80's run in TPB. They have a Showcase but I want color. I'm pretty sure that they will with the BG movie that is supposed to be coming out.

Incredible Member

Is that Anarky: The Complete Collection still coming out, or has that been canceled?

Fantastic Member

My wishes for series to be reprinted in DC's fat Trades are pretty much unchanged from last year. I.e., it would be great to see the following reprinted in this format - these are all (or mostly) from the '80's:

The '80's-early '90's Firestorm the Nuclear Man series

The '70's/'80's Warlord series by Mike Grell

The underrated sci-fi series Atari Force

The '80's series Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld

Arak, Son of Thunder

Arion Lord of Atlantis