Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman and Robin Eternal #11 Preview / Discussion

Batman and Robin Eternal #11

Source: Graphic Policy

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...al-11-preview/

Summary: THE SCULPTOR is the woman who formed Mother's agents. Will she give Grayson and Harper the information they need…or break them?
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Incredible Member

Harper thinks she's hiding her identity?

Cover is hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Harper thinks she's hiding her identity?
    I always wondered when some writer was going to touch on this, Harper's costume makes no sense if it's purpose is to disguise her identity. It's certainly visually dynamic, but not effective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    I always wondered when some writer was going to touch on this, Harper's costume makes no sense if it's purpose is to disguise her identity. It's certainly visually dynamic, but not effective.
    Shuddup she's a fan favourite and we've been waiting to see her since the dawn of man. On a more serious note is Orphan David Cain?

t
    Let's be honest. None of the Robins have effectively hidden their identities. Domino masks do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    t
    Let's be honest. None of the Robins have effectively hidden their identities. Domino masks do nothing
    Black hair is more inconspicuous than blue, I guess, but it's not like any of them ever bothered to run a comb through it and change their hairstyle when they switched back into civvies...

t
    Damian incorporated a hood at least in addition to his domino mask. Jason, full mask and Tim had a cowl (once upon a time) after graduating from Robin. Duke got himself a helmet in his latest appearance in Batman. Dick has his hypnos. Spoiler has a face mask and hood. It seemed there was more often than not a move with newer designs that at least handwaved towards being more effectively disguised and some level of practicality, but purple and blue hair is something that really stands out from the crowd, at least attempt to hide your most distinctive feature.
    Last edited by Kurtzberg; 12-12-2015 at 07:19 AM.

BANNED

t
    They do when they don`t have to hide a distinctive hairstyle or facial feature.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Cover is hideous.
    I love it, the contents not so much.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Incredible Member

I mean, I know that there's a certain amount of handwaving that goes into accepting domino masks as workable disguises, but blue hair and piercings? That's really pushing it.

I just hope it's better that the mess that we got (both in writing and artwork) for issue #10.

Extraordinary Member

For me it looks a little bit this series has still the same problems as Batman Eternal, pointless cameos that "steal" the action scenes from the main characters, bringing old characters back and not really focussing on them, the story revolves to much around Harper ...

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Black hair is more inconspicuous than blue, I guess, but it's not like any of them ever bothered to run a comb through it and change their hairstyle when they switched back into civvies...
    I recall Young Justice (the cartoon) played around with the idea that Dick had a "public look" with a different hairstyle that differentiated it from his Robin look, though I'm not sure if the comics have ever included something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I recall Young Justice (the cartoon) played around with the idea that Dick had a "public look" with a different hairstyle that differentiated it from his Robin look, though I'm not sure if the comics have ever included something like that.
    He had a couple of different looks, I think. When he was at school, he had his hair slicked back. When he was hanging around the team in civvies, he just wore a pair of sunglasses.