BANNED

Default Current Series that focus on Villains-Suggestions?

Hey there! I was wondering if you could reccomend me any good villain-centric ongoing titles. They can be from Image, IDW, Dark Horse, whatever. See, I've gotten kinda bored of the usual super-hero stuff (with a few exceptions), and I'm looking for something a bit... well, a bit more "crude". Kinda like Hannibal or House of Cards. Of high quality, but also starring people of.... questionable motives. I know about Nailbitter but that's as far as my knowledge goes TBH. So, I'd really appreciate a few reccomendations.

Thanks for your time!

I'm gonna seem like a Valiant shill like usual, but if you're looking for great villain stories, Imperium is fantastic. It's about the most powerful psiot (basically mutant), Toyo Harada, deciding to go to war with the world, because he's convinced that he could make the world a better place, under his rule. He does some pretty evil ****, but in all honesty, he might truly be able to make the world a better place. It's sort of up to you to decide.

That's the main course, but the book is also basically a super-villain team-up book. Harada gathers an awesome team of morally-ambiguous baddies to help conquer the world: A peaceful robot, a 5th dimensional being trapped in a human body, a ruthless soldier who's looking for something to stand for, and an alien monster.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 12-12-2015 at 04:38 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I'm gonna seem like a Valiant shill like usual, but if you're looking for great villain stories, Imperium is fantastic. It's about the most powerful psiot (basically mutant), Toyo Harada, deciding to go to war with the world, because he's convinced that he could make the world a better place, under his rule. He does some pretty evil ****, but in all honesty, he might truly be able to make the world a better place. It's sort of up to you to decide.

That's the main course, but the book is also basically a super-villain team-up book. Harada gathers an awesome team of morally-ambiguous baddies to help conquer the world: A peaceful robot named, a 5th dimensional being trapped in a human body, a ruthless soldier who's looking for something to stand for, and an alien monster.
    D'oh, how could I forget about this? I read the first few issues and loved them, but since I don't think I can subscribe to Valiant titles (where I live there's only one LCS in the entire country, so I depend on what they're able to order) I kinda forgot about it and put it in my "to read in trades" list. I'll see if things have changed though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Maybe you'd like Eric Powell's THE GOON. Fantastic Art, starts with a Zombie fighting goon but evolves from there. Pulpy, Depression era atmosphere,
    funny, violent and sometimes sad.

Oh, and SCALPED from Jason Aaron, maybe THE AUTHORITY from Ellis and Millar.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 12-12-2015 at 05:35 AM.