Page 23 of 308 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    maybe they should bring Betty Brant as Peter's love interest.
    What an odd thing to say in the MJ appreciation thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What an odd thing to say in the MJ appreciation thread.
    What if Betty wears a wig and dresses like MJ?

Kevinroc has a good point. 25 posts on Alternate Universes and Romantic Interests were moved to a new thread.

I also moved the posts on a Fempop article on MJ to a new thread, since it seems like something worth discussing, but appreciation threads aren't really the places for debate.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Lol! After falling all week from the Empire State Building, this happens.

That can't be puke, can it? What is this?!!!

W..T...F?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-03-2015 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

It's so easy to manipulate the strip to make it look like MJ's throwing all that up...

BANNED

Today's daily had a great little speech from Spidey after his identity was almost compromised saving MJ's life last week

"I'd rather let the whole world know who I am before I let anything happen to the woman I love"

This being the strip of course, people simply think MJ is having an affair with Spidey rather than him being her husband. D'oh.

BANNED

Pretty interesting bit of bullheadedness from MJ today. Vowing to make it as a movie star this time "even if it kills her", then realizing what she just said and letting dread wash over her.

No follow up as yet to the shocker from yesterday with Mysterio figuring out Peter's identity.

Last edited by Vortex85; 01-24-2015 at 10:44 AM.

I love Mary Jane, great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    The first panel makes me wish Bryce Dallas Howard played MJ in the Raimi films.

I've been looking over some of Stan Lee and John Romita, Sr.'s run. Silver Age MJ is so great. She says the strangest things.

MJ: Quick! Someone call the beauty parlor! It’s an emergency! A living, breathing male walked in and didn’t notice me! I’m a washout! A has-been! It’s the utter end, friend!
    PETER: Oh… Hi, Mary Jane! I didn’t know you were here!
    MJ: Obviously, dad… or you’d have arrived even sooner! Well, it’s your loss, Tiger! Have to cut out now… I’m late for rehearsal!
    PETER: Knock ‘em dead, lady!
    MJ: With these new threads Aunt Anna just stitched for me, how can I miss? (Amazing #50)

(Peter has just given a half hearted greeting, while thinking he doesn't want to see MJ at the moment.)
    MJ: Wow! Simmer down, son! You don't wanna strain yourself! (From Amazing #55)

MJ: Little Mary Jane heard the good news!.. About you and Gwendolyne being pffftt! I knew you’d come to your senses sooner or later, tiger! After all… how long can a boy dig somebody else when yours truly is on the scene? (Peter doesn't respond) Look alive, laddie! Rumor hath it that you actually talk!
    PETER: Sorry, MJ…Guess I’m just not in the mood today!
    MJ: (thoughts) Well, pierce my ears and call me drafty! He really misses her! (Amazing #62)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 01-24-2015 at 02:02 PM.

What happened to MJ's pupils?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

MJ looks possessed.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Yesterday was Jazzy John Romita, Sr.'s 85th birthday. Happy belated birthday to the man who designed MJ!

(Here's a portion of an interview where Romita talks about MJ's design.)

TOM DEFALCO: You were the first artist to show us what Mary Jane Watson looked like. How did you design her?

JOHN ROMITA, SR: When we started to plot her first appearance in Amazing #42, Stan wasn’t sure if she should be beautiful or hideous. I was recently looking through the volume of Essential Spider-Man that reprinted some of Ditko’s issues and they referred to Mary Jane was beautiful. Stan has a terrible memory and obviously forgot. It’s a good thing we didn’t make her hideous, because we would have looked really foolish. Anyway, once we agreed on making her beautiful, we had the problem of trying to make her look really spectacular. Stan wanted her to look something like a go-go girl. I used Ann-Margret from the movie Bye Bye, Birdie as a guide, using her coloring, the shape of her face, her red hair and her form-fitting short skirts. I exaggerated her dimples and the cleft in her chin.

Tom DeFalco interviewing John Romita, Sr. for Comics Creators on Spider-Man.

I can see the resemblance.